S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

PNW B8 S4 Exhaust Fest 2010

Old 07-17-2010, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PyroInc
This is pretty awesome to have so we can compare. I did notice on the "track runs" there was a high whinning noise that came from all of them except from the stasis exhaust...any ideas why that is..?
That's because they all had Strat intake which brings out the SC whine, the S4 with the Stasis exhaust didn't have the intake installed
Old 07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Un1k
That's because they all had Strat intake which brings out the SC whine, the S4 with the Stasis exhaust didn't have the intake installed
Ah, I see. I have to say I liked it without the intake
Old 07-17-2010, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks NWS4Guy and others nice too see a good comparison like this. Did anyone dyno their car? Thanks again...
Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

NWS4GUY - now that you've had the exhaust on for a couple of days - what are your thoughts about the dreaded "drone" with the DSG in "D" @ ~40 mph? Is it any different than stock?

TIA,

Steve
Old 07-18-2010, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

NWS4Guy - Great videos, looks like you guys had a good time.Nice to be able hear all the different systems available for the car. So far I'm very Happy with my Milltek non-res and Stratmosphere intake.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by srs
NWS4GUY - now that you've had the exhaust on for a couple of days - what are your thoughts about the dreaded "drone" with the DSG in "D" @ ~40 mph? Is it any different than stock?

TIA,

Steve
There isn't any drone, just a deep bass note really. IMO it's louder than stock, but doesn't have the same resonant boominess that stock had inside the car. It also has a much narrower place where it shows, and once past that point disappears immediately.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

This has got me stuck between the APR and Milltek, i hear diff variations of the milltek so its hard to know, but in these vids it sounds awesome.

Thanks guys for getting together and making the vids!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Second I want to apologize for not getting this posted up sooner, but life is what happens when you are planning what you want to do. The videos all came out very well, I have them all uploaded in full HD 1080P stereo sound to Youtube (watch them here embedded at 360p, but click the movie again to open a Youtube page and you can change it to 1080p HD). Not the same as being there, but since the same device did the recording of them all you can at least get an accurate comparison.
This was great....thanks so much for taking the time to put it all together.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Legacykid
This has got me stuck between the APR and Milltek, i hear diff variations of the milltek so its hard to know, but in these vids it sounds awesome.

Thanks guys for getting together and making the vids!
FYI, Miltek also makes a resonated version which wasn't included in the test. I would expect that to be quieter. Not really sure why anyone would buy the Stasis. It sounds almost like the stock exhaust. I also did not like hearing the whine of the supercharger. Too bad AWE wasn't represented, but otherwiswe a GREAT JOB!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for making the vids and posting them. That SC whine sounds awesome outside, what are the effects on interior sound when driving? Now I don't have to ask one of those "How does this exhaust sound?" questions. I like the Milltek...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PNW B8 S4 Exhaust Fest 2010