S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Possible Special Order - Stripped-Down B8.5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Special Order - 'Stripped-Down' B8.5?

Greetings all!

Have been looking for a 2010-2012 B8 S4 in Quartz Gray with ADS, but no luck so far...I'm patient, but I'm considering ordering a 'stripped-down' B8.5 for around $50k...I'm on the fence about which color will make it the best Q-car: Quartz, Daytona, or Monsoon

Search doesn't seem to be working this morning, so I have to ask if anyone out there has ordered a B8.5 without the MMI/Nav? Are you happy with your decision?

Audi S4
S-Tronic
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Sport Differential
Quartz/Daytona/Monsoon Gray
Premium Plus
Black Nappa Leather
19" 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheel
Advanced Key
Bang and Olufsen Stereo
Carbon Inlays

Last edited by Cloudripper; 04-25-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would not consider without NAV stripped down. Your list of options is quite extensive, and is going to yield a sticker and sales price well over $50K. Quartz and Daytona are customer colors in the US and will be a $2500 option; Monsoon is $475.

Have you sat in a car with Alcantara and the Nappa? Nappa is more popular, but I'd try out both before dropping $1,250 on a higher grade of leather.

Hard to justify $3,050 for NAV that many complain is subpar; but some sware by the traffic updates. 95% of the time, I know where I'm going; for the 5% I do not, we have an iPhone and a portable GPS unit.

I'd also suggest that that you test drive a car with and without ADS. I'm happy with the ride without multiple suspension setting to toggle between.

The sport diff is a must; the consensus is that the B&O sound upgrade is a bargain.

You can look at my special order configuration in my signature. I am very happy with my decision.

Last edited by isles1; 03-26-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

That list is pretty much what I ordered plus the NAV and Esotril Blue minus the premium leather. That's darn near fully loaded on premium plus. That's going to be well above $50K

I ordered the NAV because it's required for HD radio and the backup camera. Beyond that, I didn't really care about it since my phone is a better media player, better nav system, and a MUCH better wifi hotspot.

BTW: I'm really nit picky about Audio systems and utterly hated all of the previous BOSE systems so believe me when I say, the B&O is actually a great value. It sounds very good and you will easily spend more than that upgrading the factory system to anything passable.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cloudripper
Greetings all!

Search doesn't seem to be working this morning, so I have to ask if anyone out there has ordered a B8.5 without the MMI/Nav? Are you happy with your decision?
The Audi MMI comes with parking assistance system and rear view camera. This could be a useful feature. I need the MMI because my wife must have the camera feature to help her park the car.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It also gives you the Individual setting for customizing your drive select controls, higher resolution screen, different screen between your tach and speedo.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

the mmi system is the first nav system I have had, personally I like it. Previously I used my iPhone for navigation and the in car system is much more convenient in my opinion. Voice control works well after calibrating it and when you can search and find a destination by simply speaking it's pretty cool. Maybe most luxury car brands offer this but it doesn't make it less functional in the Audi.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Want to buy my car?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

You are going to get a lot of opinions on the NAV and differences in the MMI with NAV versus without it. Only you know how much you will use and value these functions, such as the backup camera, configuring "individual" drive select settings, and the subtle differences in the MMI screen and screen between Tach and Speedometer.

On a 36 month lease, the NAV option will add about $45 to the monthly payment. On a purchase, it simply adds approx. $3,050 to the cost of the car.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DATZ
Want to buy my car?
Haha, are you selling?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cloudripper
Haha, are you selling?
Could be. Sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: Possible Special Order - Stripped-Down B8.5?