S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

MTM or something else to go a little faster, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTM or something else to go a little faster, anyone?

Just wondering how many of you guys have or are planning to do after market mods to your car to increase performance.

I think the whole reason this car is so great is that they downgraded to a 6 cylinder and performance has increased and the mpg has increased as well.

so maybe messing around with the ECU isnt the best thing to do, I dont know, just wondering.

But anyways, has anyone done any aftermarket exhaust or anything else that they would like to share. I remember the 6 cylinder bi-turbo had maybe a million different mods and people were really into them, but I havent heard to much about the 2010 S4's aftermarket products.

Also, I wanted to ask about a particular mod, which is Euro Lights. I remember for the B5 S4 the Euro Lights really were better looking than the US Spec lights. Not sure if there is anything available for the 2010 S4 in that area, but please share if you know anything.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I will hold out for some USA tuning. APR, GIAC, EPL, ASP, etc.

Bruce
Old 02-23-2014, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Have a 2010 S4 with the GIAC Stg one tune.....amazing improvement, esp over 3K
Mileage actually improved as well due to crisper tune.
Not one for loud exhausts, they don't add much! Tune for performance.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by 05 CLK 500 (02 S4)
Just wondering how many of you guys have or are planning to do after market mods to your car to increase performance....

..so maybe messing around with the ECU isnt the best thing to do, I dont know, just wondering....
The only thing that is really going to make much difference in power is ECU tuning stage 1 or stage 2 with pulley - best bang for the buck.

APR, GIAC stage 1 or 2(pulley) ECU tune, alternatively, if you wish Stasis stage 1 ECU tune.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 05 CLK 500 (02 S4)
Just wondering how many of you guys have or are planning to do after market mods to your car to increase performance.

I think the whole reason this car is so great is that they downgraded to a 6 cylinder and performance has increased and the mpg has increased as well.

so maybe messing around with the ECU isnt the best thing to do, I dont know, just wondering.

But anyways, has anyone done any aftermarket exhaust or anything else that they would like to share. I remember the 6 cylinder bi-turbo had maybe a million different mods and people were really into them, but I havent heard to much about the 2010 S4's aftermarket products.

Also, I wanted to ask about a particular mod, which is Euro Lights. I remember for the B5 S4 the Euro Lights really were better looking than the US Spec lights. Not sure if there is anything available for the 2010 S4 in that area, but please share if you know anything.

Thanks
Easy improvement is to replace the stock bulbs in the headlights with Sylvania Xenon Model D3S, an easy OEM install.
Tremendous improvement! (Not cheap however, about $200 for a pair from Amazon)
Old 03-15-2014, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

There are tons of threads here and on Audizine with details and debates about available modifications ranging from ECU tunes and supercharger pulleys to suspension and brakes. Cold air intakes and exhaust systems are mainly for sound and from what I've read don't provide much more additional power. As others mentioned power increases come from ECU tunes and pulley upgrades (APR and GIAC / AWE seem to be the most popular).
Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Some people may recognize my screen name from the b5 days but those days are over. On that note, to address your question. I would stay away from any european tunes like MTM, they are tuned for 93+ octane which is standard in Europe as well as their emissions.

There are a great selection of american tunes like GIAC, APR, Revo just to name a a few. I personally have always used GIAC just because I am here in cali and I know people who work at GIAC. That said, GIAC has made they most power for me and been the most reliable. In my b5 days I made the mistake of other tunes.

With GIAC, I have seen the trap speeds and 1/4 mile times on two of my friends s4's that are stage II. One with stock exhaust and one with BCS exhaust. The trap times and mph where identical which tells me the stock exhaust is really good. See the pic below (car #450) this is the time slip from stage II no exhaust e85/91 mix with intake and charger cooker.

Also if you bought this car for gas mileage you bought the wrong car. I have noticed I get the same or better gas mileage on stock mode vs pump mode. The only difference is when I am driving hard in pump mode my gas mileage goes down but that's to be expected. There is a lot on this forum do you research and your questions will be answered.
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the members of these forums with tunes have either APR, Giac, or Revo/Stasis tunes. Many have had them for quite some time. And in my area of the country 93 octane is readily available . In fact 91 and 92 octane are rare.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DrGP
Most of the members of these forums with tunes have either APR, Giac, or Revo/Stasis tunes. Many have had them for quite some time. And in my area of the country 93 octane is readily available . In fact 91 and 92 octane are rare.
+1 for APR, Giac, or Revo/Stasis tunes

Depends on where one lives.... here in California, 87, 89 & 91 octane are common, 92 or 93 are very hard to find.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 1bads4
....With GIAC, I have seen the trap speeds and 1/4 mile times on two of my friends s4's that are stage II...
Do you have MT6 or DSG, if DSG do you have the GIAC DSG tune?

Quick Reply: MTM or something else to go a little faster, anyone?