S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Need Help Choosing New Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Choosing New Car

So I'm looking to buy a new car but I cannot decide which one. I've researched all of them but I still can't decide so I'm looking for other's advice. My choices are a 2014 BMW 335i or a 2014 Audi S4. The Audi seems to be faster and more reliable but I like the coding possibilities with the BMW and it has a more aggressive look. Please have a reason for your opinion.. don't just reply with Audi being the best just because you have one. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xMoD
So I'm looking to buy a new car but I cannot decide which one. I've researched all of them but I still can't decide so I'm looking for other's advice. My choices are a 2014 BMW 335i or a 2014 Audi S4. The Audi seems to be faster and more reliable but I like the coding possibilities with the BMW and it has a more aggressive look. Please have a reason for your opinion.. don't just reply with Audi being the best just because you have one. Thanks.
I owned an E90 prior to switching to Audi for my last three cars including A5, 2 S4's. The 335i handled better with better road feel through the steering wheel, as the Audi is a front heavy car and the electric steering is a bit numb. But other than that, IMHO, the Audi is better in almost every way.
I absolutely love the cockpit of the Audi, and feel it is way ahead of the BMW in terms of comfort, finish and design. Plus, for me, BMW's are like opinions, as everybody has one. S4's are fairly rare in my neck of the woods.
Both cars can be modded easily, so it really depends on what is most important to you. One suggestion, if you like to drive spiritedly, and you are going to get an S4, go for one with the Sport Differential.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
When I was deployed to Iraq in 2009, I'd ordered a BMW 335I M packaged from Germany. It was made to ordered at that time. When I got back from deployment, the car was at the dealer waited for me ( it was so sweet). This BMW M package was a very nice looking car and very aggressive looking car - I loved every bit of it. It was very fast and the handling was superb.
After I drove it for a few months, the car started given me problems - like #1 injector went bad - before the tech. figured out injector was an issue, they replaced primary fuel pump first. Second issue was #6 injector was bad, third issue was #2 injector. I asked service advisor why don't replace all but he said can't do that.
The last Issue was the evaporator started to leaked inside of car while I was driving - and that was the end of my BMW. I decided to sell the car and ended up with my 2011 S4. Today, 4.5.18 I still driving my 2011 S4
The issues I had with BMW - I don't really think all 335I have this problems - but it was just the car I bought from Germany was the one actually given me the problems.
I hope BMW had fixed all the issues with this models.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ging293
Hi,
When I was deployed to Iraq in 2009, I'd ordered a BMW 335I M packaged from Germany. It was made to ordered at that time. When I got back from deployment, the car was at the dealer waited for me ( it was so sweet). This BMW M package was a very nice looking car and very aggressive looking car - I loved every bit of it. It was very fast and the handling was superb.
After I drove it for a few months, the car started given me problems - like #1 injector went bad - before the tech. figured out injector was an issue, they replaced primary fuel pump first. Second issue was #6 injector was bad, third issue was #2 injector. I asked service advisor why don't replace all but he said can't do that.
The last Issue was the evaporator started to leaked inside of car while I was driving - and that was the end of my BMW. I decided to sell the car and ended up with my 2011 S4. Today, 4.5.18 I still driving my 2011 S4
The issues I had with BMW - I don't really think all 335I have this problems - but it was just the car I bought from Germany was the one actually given me the problems.
I hope BMW had fixed all the issues with this models.
Injectors and fuel pumps were definitely weak spots on the early generation 335i for sure. Had injectors replaced on mine under warranty, and traded it in on my first Audi the minute it went out of warranty.