S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 (B8.5) Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 (B8.5) Question

I am considering to purchase a 2013 Audi S4 (B8.5) quattro Premium Plus, with the following details/features:
  • Near 60k miles
  • 1 year remaining on Audi CPO Warranty
  • Clean CARFAX
  • Automatic/DSG
  • Sport Differential
  • Audi MMI
  • Navigation
  • Rear Parking Sensors
  • Rear Camera
  • Bang & Olufsen Audio
I have run my own numbers, but based on these details and if the inspection goes well, what would you say the S4 is worth offering today? This is my first time dealing with an S4, so I am grateful for any help/advice.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audi_S4
I am considering to purchase a 2013 Audi S4 (B8.5) quattro Premium Plus, with the following details/features:
  • Near 60k miles
  • 1 year remaining on Audi CPO Warranty
  • Clean CARFAX
  • Automatic/DSG
  • Sport Differential
  • Audi MMI
  • Navigation
  • Rear Parking Sensors
  • Rear Camera
  • Bang & Olufsen Audio
I have run my own numbers, but based on these details and if the inspection goes well, what would you say the S4 is worth offering today? This is my first time dealing with an S4, so I am grateful for any help/advice.

I just bought one that's nearly identical, (6-speed manual on mine) that had no warranty since it had 85k miles, and I payed a hair under 24k. based on the numbers I saw when I was shopping around, Id guess you should offer around 26-27k, depending on its condition and state of the wearing items (tires, brakes, etc). Is the inspection going to be performed by an independent 3rd party? I found it extremely helpful to have someone spend some time checking everything over for me that's on my side as opposed to someone on the dealers side.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snowmonkey
I just bought one that's nearly identical, (6-speed manual on mine) that had no warranty since it had 85k miles, and I payed a hair under 24k. based on the numbers I saw when I was shopping around, Id guess you should offer around 26-27k, depending on its condition and state of the wearing items (tires, brakes, etc). Is the inspection going to be performed by an independent 3rd party? I found it extremely helpful to have someone spend some time checking everything over for me that's on my side as opposed to someone on the dealers side.
I would agree on this range. The CPO adds +/- 2k at an Audi dealer. Try to get them to throw in AudicarePlus to cover your 65/75 services.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DrGP
What is the listing price or what the dealer is asking?
It is listed for $26k. After a thorough inspection, the S4 needs the following items:
  • 55k Service -- I will purchase AudiCare to cover the 65k service too?
  • Front Ceramic Brakes Pads
  • Front Rotors
  • New Windshield
  • New Tires
Old 02-21-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, Snowmonkey! I just replied to DrGP's post and included the inspection results.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, togatown! I just replied to DrGP's post and included the inspection results.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is listed for $26k. After a thorough inspection, the S4 needs the following items:
  • 55k Service -- I will purchase AudiCare to cover the 65k service too?
  • Front Ceramic Brakes Pads
  • Front Rotors
  • New Windshield
  • New Tires
I'm slightly confused. You originally indicated it had a year of CPO remaining. Is the car is being sold by an Audi dealer? If so, it would have all of these items corrected before the sale to you. Did they just get the car in trade? If this is a 3rd party dealer, the CPO will be void and not apply.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by togatown
I'm slightly confused. You originally indicated it had a year of CPO remaining. Is the car is being sold by an Audi dealer? If so, it would have all of these items corrected before the sale to you. Did they just get the car in trade? If this is a 3rd party dealer, the CPO will be void and not apply.
To clarify, the S4 is being sold by a private seller and I will also pay for the warranty transfer of the remaining Audi CPO.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

To clarify, the S4 is being sold by a private seller and I will also pay for the warranty transfer of the remaining Audi CPO.
Ok, that makes sense.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DrGP
A CPO warranty cannot be transferred to the next owner once it is traded back to an Audi dealer. It can be transferred to a new owner in private or non Audi dealer involved transaction. I believe there is also a small fee involved.
It was not traded back to the dealer, it is being sold by a private seller with the remaining CPO on it.