S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprintbooster

I was tooling around on Ebay and saw that they have an electronic device for our cars that suppossedly eliminates the delay in the Drive By Wire response from the gas pedal.Sprintbooster it's called and it's available for the 6mt or the DSG and found that a few speed shops by me sell this for a lot of performance cars including ours.Wanted to know if anybody here has ever put one on any car or knew someone who did and if it did work or improved the response.Seems a little pricey(329$)but might be a good cost effective mod especially since it's adjustable for sensitivity.Not sure about warranty though if something goes wrong.
http://ebaymotors/09+audi s4 Sprintbooster dsg
Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd. don't be going for that Sprintbooster crap!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a great thread to read about it.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Booster-review...

If you don't want to read it all, here's the summary:

Push your foot down on the gas pedal harder to get the same effect for free.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Doesn't pressing the Dynamic button do the same thing?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
I was tooling around on Ebay and saw that they have an electronic device for our cars that suppossedly eliminates the delay in the Drive By Wire response from the gas pedal.
"...eliminates the delay in the Drive By Wire response from the gas pedal"???

What delay? Why do you think they call it Drive By Wire? Add me to the list of doubters!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think I am qualified to give an opinion here since I have one on my 2008 Mercedes C350. It most definitely works. Mercedes has pretty pronounced shift delay when stomping on the gas pedal. I thought something was wrong when I first got the car and took it in to service, where I found out there was nothing wrong with it. And this was in "sport" setting for the transmission. In "comfort", forget it, it take a full second to downshift after the gas pedal gets stomped to the firewall. With the SB, in "sports" setting, downshift is quick in about 1/4 throttle, faster in 1/2 throttle, and lightning fast in a full stomp. Before the SB, it would take noticeable delay before downshifting in a full stomp in "sports" setting. The delay is now gone. I am happy with mine. I would suspect, in cars with "slower" transmission, the more pronounced SB's effect will be. But now, do I think I'll be getting a SB for my future S4? No way, we won't need it, the car has faster shifting already with DSG. And SB won't work with manual shift cars at all.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
"...eliminates the delay in the Drive By Wire response from the gas pedal"???

What delay? Why do you think they call it Drive By Wire? Add me to the list of doubters!
Um, because there can and will be a slight delay in response every now and then even though I only use 93 Shell V-power in my car-a lot of cars with DBW have this problem(my Lexus did too).Why do you think they sell it for so many cars and had gotten great testimonials from most of the people who got it and that speed shops would bother to sell it if it was bull****.In case you didn't understand.I was just asking if anybody had ever had or currently uses one in ANY car and that's what it claims it does-that's all.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We all have our opinions about certain products. I did find in the past a lot of people think SB's don't work. I used to think so too until I got it because the throttle delay just got so maddening in my Benz. Non-believers, I've been one of you guys! But now I've seen the light! Oh BTW your fuel mileage will most likely go down...since the car will spend more time in higher RPM... Good thing about SB is, you can sell it on Ebay with minimum fuss when you don't want it and get most of your money back. It's tiny. I got mine from Ebay too.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To me, it seems like an overpriced way to simply increase the throttle response. In essence, it's mimicking pushing harder on the gas pedal for the amount of pressure your placing. Partially, I believe it's a placebo effect since it makes it appear that the car is responding faster, though it's really just making it seem like your pressing harder on the gas.

I agree with NWS4Guy: Just press harder on the gas if you want the same effect. The S4 behaves exactly in this way. Putting the ADS in Dynamic sets the throttle response to be more sensitive at all times.

Still, you should do what makes you happy. If the $300 is worth it to get the "improved" throttle response, then buy this by all means.

Quick Reply: Sprintbooster