S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Squeak noise on the dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:
So 700 miles after they changed the whole piece, the noise is back as it was before
I'm planning to take the car back to the dealer but would be nice if someone can post a DIY steps and pictures of the foam solution

I'll really appreciate that
Old 02-21-2019, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B8 Squeaky Dash Fixed

Recently purchased a 2015 A4 Allroad. Once it got cold out, I experienced the same issues. Squeak from the dash when driving over bumps. It’s origin was right around the bottom left corner of the nav screen trim and was made worse when the heater was on high. It would stop if I applied pressure but start up as soon as pressure was removed. It drove me INSANE. Decided to take apart the dash trim (a good view of how to here
)
once I popped the bottom of the trim, right under the screen I could see clearly that the foam adhesive used to insulate the contact point around the clip area was worn through causing the metal clip to rub on the plastic anchor. The solve was applying a piece of gaffers tape(or anything adhesive that can create a barrier between the clip and anchor) to the anchor area where the foam was worn. Popped the trim back and it was good as new.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelson McCreary
Recently purchased a 2015 A4 Allroad. Once it got cold out, I experienced the same issues. Squeak from the dash when driving over bumps. It’s origin was right around the bottom left corner of the nav screen trim and was made worse when the heater was on high. It would stop if I applied pressure but start up as soon as pressure was removed. It drove me INSANE. Decided to take apart the dash trim (a good view of how to here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JVEAqjWaia4 )
once I popped the bottom of the trim, right under the screen I could see clearly that the foam adhesive used to insulate the contact point around the clip area was worn through causing the metal clip to rub on the plastic anchor. The solve was applying a piece of gaffers tape(or anything adhesive that can create a barrier between the clip and anchor) to the anchor area where the foam was worn. Popped the trim back and it was good as new.
Little **** like that can make you crazy. Congrats on the fix.