S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stasis Tune & Intro

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis Tune & Intro

Hey guys,

New to Audi and AudiWorld -- previous owner of a MB C63, BMW 335 and a Porsche 997S...fast forward to yesterday when I purchased a '14 S4 for my wife.

Found a nice one with Technik package and sport diff.

Anyways, the dealer threw in a 2 year extended warranty which was bittersweet. Part of the reason of buying something a few years old was being able to do whatever I wanted to it without worrying about warranty, but now that I have a few years warranty I don't want to void it!

All that said, after a bit of research I found Stasis that my dealer also sells/installs. Any experience with Stasis tunes vs. APR/GIAC/etc?

Tunes I have purchased in the past were $1000-1500? Stasis tune the same?
Old 09-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrocarbon
Hey guys,

New to Audi and AudiWorld -- previous owner of a MB C63, BMW 335 and a Porsche 997S...fast forward to yesterday when I purchased a '14 S4 for my wife.

Found a nice one with Technik package and sport diff.

Anyways, the dealer threw in a 2 year extended warranty which was bittersweet. Part of the reason of buying something a few years old was being able to do whatever I wanted to it without worrying about warranty, but now that I have a few years warranty I don't want to void it!

All that said, after a bit of research I found Stasis that my dealer also sells/installs. Any experience with Stasis tunes vs. APR/GIAC/etc?

Tunes I have purchased in the past were $1000-1500? Stasis tune the same?
I didn't think that Stasis tune was still available. BUT if it is, make sure the dealer is not going to void you warranty when the tune is done.That would not be a good selling point. If not that tune might be your best bet. But i then would never take the car to any other dealer for service .Any other tune would probably get your car tagged TD1 ,warranty voided.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
I didn't think that Stasis tune was still available. BUT if it is, make sure the dealer is not going to void you warranty when the tune is done.That would not be a good selling point. If not that tune might be your best bet. But i then would never take the car to any other dealer for service .Any other tune would probably get your car tagged TD1 ,warranty voided.
Called dealership, looks as if they are not a Stasis dealer anymore. Did Stasis go **** up? Relationship with Audi done?

Looks like I am tune-less for the time being. Booo.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrocarbon
Called dealership, looks as if they are not a Stasis dealer anymore. Did Stasis go **** up? Relationship with Audi done?

Looks like I am tune-less for the time being. Booo.
You are correct about stasis, They are gone .