S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Teenager in a truck ran into my S4! ;(

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teenager in a truck ran into my S4! ;(

I was coming home from work Thursday, only 2 blocks away from my house after driving 40 miles, and a stupid teenager in a Toyota Takoma pulled out from a stop sign without looking while I was turning left into my neighborhood (and I clearly had the right of way, there's no 4 way stop or anything) right in front of him, and he barreled into my car. How he missed a bright red car right in front of him is beyond me.

He broadsided the side of my car just after my rear door, and dented the back quarter panel pretty bad, and my peeler rims are all scratched up, but the thing I'm most worried about is that one side of my rear wheel was pushed inwards and the officer who came to the scene thinks that I could have messed up the axle.

I just dropped the car off at the body shop and they'll get it on a lift today to look at the suspension and alignment damage and let me know.

Pretty pissed off that this happened. The officer chalked it up to the kids 'inexperience' (he was 20). Big bummer!
Attached Images  

Last edited by jmk32; 08-17-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

That sucks man, hope it works out for you.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

That sucks Sorry man..
Hopefully there is only cosmetic damage, and the axle is ok =/
Old 08-17-2013, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TO407S4
That sucks Sorry man..
Hopefully there is only cosmetic damage, and the axle is ok =/
Thanks. Didn't hear anything from the body shop today, so I guess I'll find out Monday how bad it is...
Old 08-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I feel for you dude.

A GOOD body shop is worth their weight in gold. Make sure they are used to high-end cars and do a good job and you will never know.
Unfortunately, in the long run, you may take a small hit on the value of the car if it has an accident claim on Carfax.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Make sure a mechanic checks out the sport dif.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MerkurRS
I feel for you dude.

A GOOD body shop is worth their weight in gold. Make sure they are used to high-end cars and do a good job and you will never know.
Unfortunately, in the long run, you may take a small hit on the value of the car if it has an accident claim on Carfax.
Absolutely! This body shop is very good and I've been there before. They regularly get Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and I know they have a contract with at least one new car dealership (VW) to work on new cars (that get dinged up in transition coming from Germany they told me. So I know my car is in good hands for the cosmetic repair, just concerned mechanically...
Old 08-18-2013, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte
Make sure a mechanic checks out the sport dif.
Good tip. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MerkurRS
Insist on diminished value compensation from the other driver's insurance company. You're entitled to it and it covers this exact issue. You'll have to do some legwork including getting an appraisal, but you will end up with a check for a few thousand.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Insist on diminished value compensation from the other driver's insurance company. You're entitled to it and it covers this exact issue. You'll have to do some legwork including getting an appraisal, but you will end up with a check for a few thousand.
Is there any cut off age of the car to claim this? This is definitely good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Teenager in a truck ran into my S4! ;(