S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Who has special ordered a 2012?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has special ordered a 2012?

I'm ready to bite the bullet and will be placing the order this week. This is my 2nd new car purchase but the last time it was for a car on the lot (an '09 Jetta). For those of you that have ordered a 2012, how did you agree to the price? Did you get an order form in writing disclosing all the dealer fees and an agreed upon discount related to MSRP or invoice?

The dealers I've been speaking to want a deposit first and to send an order form afterwards - is this standard practice?

Below is the config I'm looking for:

Prestige
6MT
Drive Select
Titanium
Sepang Blue (custom color)
Old 05-29-2011, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IvanS4
I'm ready to bite the bullet and will be placing the order this week. This is my 2nd new car purchase but the last time it was for a car on the lot (an '09 Jetta). For those of you that have ordered a 2012, how did you agree to the price? Did you get an order form in writing disclosing all the dealer fees and an agreed upon discount related to MSRP or invoice?

The dealers I've been speaking to want a deposit first and to send an order form afterwards - is this standard practice?

Below is the config I'm looking for:

Prestige
6MT
Drive Select
Titanium
Sepang Blue (custom color)
Absolutely not standard practice. I got a full order workup with fees, etc. before I committed to my order and negotiated the price I wanted. Sounds like your dealership is playing games.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Same here. When ordering my 2011 S4 and 2012 Q7 it was the same procedure. Fully negotiated delivered price and immediately confirmed order with a deposit. The dealer then designated one of their next allocated vehicles as a "sold order" (took a few weeks due to special order additions) and at that point I recieved a Commission Number which allowed me to track "my" vehicle.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by phil47
... and at that point I recieved a Commission Number which allowed me to track "my" vehicle.
Just to be sure I'm not missing anything: how does one track his or her vehicle progress? The only way I know is by asking the dealer every now and then. Is there a better way?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DarthRay
Just to be sure I'm not missing anything: how does one track his or her vehicle progress? The only way I know is by asking the dealer every now and then. Is there a better way?
Normally that is the way it works (you ask them, they check it). My salesman trusts me enough to allow me to log in to the audiaccess.com system under his credentials to check the status of my vehicle. He did it for my S4 and has done it again for my Q7. This is not typical.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Absolutely not standard practice. I got a full order workup with fees, etc. before I committed to my order and negotiated the price I wanted. Sounds like your dealership is playing games.
Was pricing out for the 2011s when you ordered it though? If not, did you agree to a discount relative to MSRP when you put down the deposit?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IvanS4
Was pricing out for the 2011s when you ordered it though? If not, did you agree to a discount relative to MSRP when you put down the deposit?
Yes, pricing was out, but you still should be able to order relative to invoice. Don't negotiate relative to MSRP because there are various things dealerships can do to inflate MSRP. Either get them to agree to 2011 pricing or to a price relative to 2012 invoice. If they won't do it, walk and send out an email to all dealerships in the area with your terms and that the first to meet your terms will get your business. As long as your asking price is reasonable (you probably won't do better than $500 over invoice), you'll get a bite.

I agreed to supplier pricing. The only thing left to be negotiated when the car arrived was the trade in.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Yes, pricing was out, but you still should be able to order relative to invoice. Don't negotiate relative to MSRP because there are various things dealerships can do to inflate MSRP. Either get them to agree to 2011 pricing or to a price relative to 2012 invoice. If they won't do it, walk and send out an email to all dealerships in the area with your terms and that the first to meet your terms will get your business. As long as your asking price is reasonable (you probably won't do better than $500 over invoice), you'll get a bite.

I agreed to supplier pricing. The only thing left to be negotiated when the car arrived was the trade in.
Thanks. I've been working off of factory invoice pricing and have offers between $200-$1100 over invoice. The $1100 over invoice is not that far off since it's in NY and the doc fee is about $300 less than NJ dealers, it seems. Anyway, we'll see what comes of it this week.