S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

2018 audi s4 garage door opener buttons won't program

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 audi s4 garage door opener buttons won't program

My 2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus will not program to my Craftsman opener in the garage.

I was told by the Homelink Hotline that I need to talk with Audi Corporate Tech Support.

I need Audi Tech Support phone number.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is the Q7 forum...
Old 06-20-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chet Baker
My 2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus will not program to my Craftsman opener in the garage.

I was told by the Homelink Hotline that I need to talk with Audi Corporate Tech Support.

I had to YouTube it after 15 mins of trying to follow steps in the Audi. It's a two step process, 1st is registering the remote with the buttons, THEN going out and pressing the button to learn on the garage opener itself while running back into your S4 to press the garage homelink button.

- Hold the garage button clicker/remote next to the sensor in the roof while holding down 1 of the 3 buttons
- After it registers, it'll ask you if you want to continue, click proceed
- At this point you press the learn button on your garage door opener unit itself (look at your Craftsman garage manual on how to trigger the learn button)
- Run back into your S4 while the Craftsman garage is in learning mode, then press the homelink button in your S4, the one you registered in the first step
- The garage door should either open or close, and the S4 will ask you if there was any movement, if not it'll ask you to do it again.

I apologize if I didn't get some of the terms correct but this is from my head from last weekend lol
Old 06-20-2018, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by randomman1
This is the Q7 forum...
Haha It's the S4 B9 side, I think you might be in the wrong place.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chet Baker

Forgot to mention that if you failed all those steps, at the very end it'll give you the number to call I believe.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is the Q7 forum...
no it's not!
Old 06-20-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by carsgomoo
- Run back into your S4 while the Craftsman garage is in learning mode, then press the homelink button in your S4, the one you registered in the first step
- The garage door should either open or close, and the S4 will ask you if there was any movement, if not it'll ask you to do it again.
I had to press and hold the HomeLink button down a few times for it to finally sync at this step when programming to my LiftMaster (gate/garage).
Old 06-20-2018, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

This is the Q7 forum...
So what? Is the Homelink system different in the S4 than the one found in the Q7?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by carsgomoo
I had to YouTube it after 15 mins of trying to follow steps in the Audi. It's a two step process, 1st is registering the remote with the buttons, THEN going out and pressing the button to learn on the garage opener itself while running back into your S4 to press the garage homelink button.

- Hold the garage button clicker/remote next to the sensor in the roof while holding down 1 of the 3 buttons
- After it registers, it'll ask you if you want to continue, click proceed
- At this point you press the learn button on your garage door opener unit itself (look at your Craftsman garage manual on how to trigger the learn button)

I apologize if I didn't get some of the terms correct but this is from my head from last weekend lol
This is the steps for a code hopping remote but mine is actually older than that.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

My 2018 A4 premium plus will not pair with my Liftmaster Garage door opener either. Home link stated it was an issue with Premium Plus and Prestige models due to the radar in the car and mega something and that I needed to speak with an Audi technician.....where do you find one?? The selling dealer can't help.

Were you able to find the telephone number?

Thank you

Quick Reply: 2018 audi s4 garage door opener buttons won't program