S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

2018 S4 features missing in my new car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by glenner

[*]In the trunk there is speaker on the left side, but not the left. Shouldn't I have speakers on both sides. I have the B/O sound. I don't see the 2 rear speakers in the trunk. It's possible that speaker on the left is the sub, but I'm not sure.

-Glenner.
Here is a pictorial showing the B&O Speaker locations in the B9 A4/S4:

The speakers on the rear parcel shelf are only surround speakers. They're tiny so you don't see them protrude inside the trunk. You then have one sub. The woofer for the back seat is in the car doors along with tweeters.

Full article on the B&O 3D Sound System in the B9 A4/S4 here: http://nordic.businessinsider.com/wi...in-cars-2016-5

Last edited by plat27265; 05-21-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. And the B/O speaker pics are helpful... When I realized I was missing a hook, I started wondering if they put speakers in the back under the rear glass. I had looked and could not see any.. but if they are small, I'll assume they are there and Audi shipped my car with the full 19 speakers. :-)

I'll confess I find it astounding that the car does not come with 2 hooks. I realize this is just a detail and presumably a cheap part... but I can't understand how Audi ships my car out of Germany if it is incomplete. As it is, it tends to make me wonder if corners were cut elsewhere, or if quality control was compromised somewhere else. It's completely unacceptable for a premium luxury car in my opinion. I can't wait to hear Audi's explanation for it.

One thing is for sure... Dealer and/or Audi Canada will be fixing this.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm working on getting my digital compass and grocery hook issues fixed with my dealer...

Did anyone get a cargo floor net included with their A4/S4? Or is that an accessory you buy later?

Also, I am wondering about the acoustic front side glass... Is that normally included on S4 with the top trim? Has anyone got that on their S4 in either Canada/USA? How do you know if you have it?

I'm going to go under the car tonight and check if they gave me the sport diff I ordered :-)
Old 05-21-2017, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't get a cargo net, but did they included the all-weather rubber trunk liner (with A4 logo not S4)

the youtube S4 review by Autogeful shows the acoustic glass pretty well:

https://youtu.be/P7jo9YUS75o
Old 05-22-2017, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glenner
Hey! I just got my new 2018 S4 (B9) a week ago, and am still figuring stuff out. I've noticed a few weird inconsistencies, and am wondering if this is normal or not. Does anyone here have the same issues?
  1. In the rearview mirror, I don't have the digital compass. It is just not there. Push the buttom under the mirror, nothing happens. It seems to be a standard feature on the Audi website.
  2. In the trunk, I only have 1 bag hanger on the right side. See pics. I was sure there were 2, one on both the left and right side, in the 2017/2018 A4 and S4 demo models I drove. See pic.
  3. In the trunk, there is an LED light on the left side, but just a hole on the right side. Is this right? Shouldn't I have a light on the right side too? See pic.
  4. In the trunk there is speaker on the left side, but not the left. Shouldn't I have speakers on both sides. I have the B/O sound. I don't see the 2 rear speakers in the trunk. It's possible that speaker on the left is the sub, but I'm not sure. See pic.

The dealer is closed for the long weekend, and will ask them next week for sure. But wanted to figure this out quick as it's really bugging me! :-)

-Glenner.

I only have 1 bag holder? Did they forget to install the 2nd one?

Is this the sub? In my old car, I have 2 speakers here in the trunk...<br/>

No LED on the right side? Just the hole cutout?
In the rear view, if you press and hold the button, does it appear? there should be a darker square in the mirror itself. When i press and hold mine for 10 secs or so, the compass disappears.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

The cargo net is NOT included with the S4; however, my dealer ordered one for me from Audi -- and when it came in, even though I was willing to pay for it, I was not charged.

As has been mentioned, this kind of "accessory" needs to be clearly identified as an option.

My 2014 S4 came with one; my expectations were not managed -- I expected a net. On the other hand, I knew the audi beam rings were on the stickers of several audis on the showroom floor (plus I had seen the order guide), and I fully expected the rings to be a chargeable feature. Getting both the net and the rings at no charge was a plus.

I understand car companies' need to increase revenue and profit -- and, when items are included, the cost x thousands or tens of thousands (or more) cars is no mean expense.

On the other hand, floor mats -- USED to be in the same situation, they were extra charge and sometimes provided by the dealer (apparently) at no charge.

Like many buyers, I find that charging for "everything" and suggesting that "everything" is a la carte is, at the very least, disappointing. I would rather have the price of the car set so as to include the "accessories" that are, apparently, expected by customers.

If the product literature says "2 grocery hooks" and the car comes equipped with 1, yet another issue. I was unaware that 2 grocery hooks were SUPPOSED to come with the car. In my case, I guess I would like to have them, but I wonder if I'd ever use them, so it is not, in this example, an omission that makes me conclude audi "cheaped out" on me.

Maybe that's the issue -- putting a net or another hook in the car "included" with the price, may well be a waste. I've seen folks never even unpackage their trunk nets. I use mine to keep bottles of wine from crashing into each other, so, of course, for me, the net is not nice, it is necessary. The next guy can't figure out why they would even bother to take it out of the package.

Damned if they don't, damned if they do. . . .
Old 05-23-2017, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

As a data point - I have a new S4 prestige trim (got it yesterday), and I have two grocery hooks.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good call wrecklesswun.

I was able to get my rearview mirror compass working... I did in fact have to press and hold the button for 5-10 seconds. It seemed like a crazy amount of time to hold the button so it never occurred to me to try that, until you suggested it. But so problem solved I guess, though the German engineering on this particular button seems a little dubious to me right now. I'll play with it some more and see if I can make any sense of it.

Now, do you have another trick to make my 2nd grocery hook magically appear?

I'll ask my dealer for a cargo net and see what they say. Seems to me it should be included. On the Audi configurator website, they do reference the "floor net", and even have part of the net in the picture for the "storage package" standard equipment. I was originally expecting one to be included. Do you think that means it should be included?

floor net is included in standard config?

Last edited by glenner; 05-23-2017 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-23-2017, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I see a floor net and bag hanger(s) included in the standard package.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Depending on your production date, you will have one set or two sets of grocery hooks. The newer production cars only come with one.

For the compass in the rearview mirror, hold the button down on the mirror for over three seconds and the compass will turn on.

The subwoofer is only on the left side of the car in the rear parcel shelf.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2018 S4 features missing in my new car?