AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/)
-   -   Air filter (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/air-filter-2924471/)

Bizacon 07-12-2017 02:22 AM

Air filter

Has anyone replaced their air filter with any aftermarket like a K&N or a full air intake system? Struggling finding aftermarket parts for this MY18..joys of buying when the paint is still wet :)

markcincinnati 07-14-2017 03:54 PM

I have heard nothing but love for the company APR -- goapr.com, I believe.

jettaway 07-14-2017 06:06 PM

I don't believe any of the large brands have officially released they intake kits yet for the 3.0T? I could be wrong. The car is just too new. But the demand is there and I know they are all in development.

But you can rest assured that when they do release(APR, AWE, ECS) they will be good. And probably worth the money.

JD15 07-16-2017 04:55 PM

Do you want to change the intake noise or increase power? If the latter, you'll probably be wasting your money on aftermarket intake.

aj6 07-16-2017 06:16 PM

Agreed. Had an APR intake on my last car (Stage 2 tuned even). Turns out I got the same performance with the stock intake, even though APR requires their intake for the tune. Never again will I buy an intake because of that. So much out there is simply billet aluminum / carbon fiber/ silicone decoration for your engine bay.

markcincinnati 07-16-2017 07:05 PM

My personal experience with aftermarket air filters is aural -- I could hear the "sucking sound" more strongly. Performance impact was "in my mind" -- now, with the S4 in dynamic mode. the sound is wonderful, fantastic, impressive.

For this car, unless there was no charge for doing so, an aftermarket air filter even from well known K&N would be something I wouldn't spend money on.

I would, however, not be critical of someone who did want to make the upgrade. I would only echo the fact that it is, unfortunately, but a placebo, generally speaking.

Bizacon 07-17-2017 03:05 AM

Thanks for the information and feedback. I was more thinking about getting more air flowing into the engine and for the noise. I know that some say more hp and fuel economy, but I always am one to doubt that. Do enjoy the noise. Makes me feel young again!

Talbot 07-17-2017 05:56 AM

Just remember that some say that magnets on your fuel line will break up molecular clusters of fuel and radically improve your gas mileage.
Others will tell you that they have a converter that will let your car run on water.
Just sayin'.

Bizacon 07-17-2017 05:58 AM

And I just found out that the world is flat :)

njspeedfreak 07-17-2017 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bizacon (Post 25005634)
And I just found out that the world is flat :)

I have proof that the world is not flat. If it was flat, the cats would have knocked everything off of it by now.