S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Alarm going off

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm going off

Hi all. I’ve seen my alarm going off for no apparent reason a couple of times before now (I’ve had the car 10 months).
Yesterday I parked up in a shop car park, purposely well away from any other traffic / cars / footpaths etc and went into the shop. I’d realised I’d forgotten my glasses and had to come back to the car - the alarm was sounding! I unlocked the car to silence the alarm - everything was fine, doors were fully closed, windows were up, there was nothing in the car that could have moved. I checked the app on my iPhone and it confirmed there was a trigger (but it doesn’t say what).

This morning I parked at work and locked the car, walking away I hear the alarm go off. I went back to the car, everything was in order again, no issues, I opened and closed all the doors (even the fuel flap), but this time the iPhone app says “No alarm triggered” and it’s still insisting this more than an hour and several refreshes later. Should the iPhone app actually notify me if there’s an event?

Any ideas about what to do with this please?

Last edited by Horrgakx; 07-20-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe your car is having separation anxiety issues? lol jk. i have no idea, i would recommend calling the dealer/bringing it in to get it checked out. if there is something wrong with the alarm system, i wouldnt want that malfunctioning on my car in case someone is trying to break in or something
Old 08-29-2018, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Horrgakx,

Did you find out why the alarm was malfunctioning?
Old 01-02-2019, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by porttac
Did you find out why the alarm was malfunctioning?
Unfortunately not, though I don't think it's happened again since I posted up.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you possibly trigger the panic button on the key fob?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had this issue recently with my A4. What was happening is that I left a dragy unit in the center console over where you would put the key if it ran out of battery. Seems like for whatever reason the blueetooth/gps/nfc of that device was messing with the car and making the alarm go off. Took it out of there and put it in the glove box and the issue went away. Thinking about it, it could have been the LED on it setting off the motion detection on the inside of the car.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

LaZyB0ne - I'm not sure what a panic button is...?

antsh - What is a dragy unit, and ... erm, there's somewhere where you can put the key if it runs out of battery? Does it charge it or something?
Old 01-04-2019, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a little spot you can put the key in the front side of the center console. It does not charge the battery but can read the key fob if it's low.

oh....your key fob doesn't have a panic button. Mine is right below the truck button. There is a big thread on here about the trunk spontaneously opening from people's key being in their pocket. That's why I mentioned it.

I think it must being triggered from inside the car, like the others mentioned. When my dog is inside the alarm gets triggered so I have to disable the inside sensors (on the inside edge of the open drivers door there is a button to disable). You could try this temporary to avoid the annoyance maybe.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Horrgakx
LaZyB0ne - I'm not sure what a panic button is...?
Hmm...

Old 01-13-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've been having this problem too. Only happened 3 times and very far apart from each other. I walk away from the car and 2 mins later the alarm sounds. So far, every time this has happened, the passenger side rear door doesn't open when you unlock the car. I have to turn it on/off a few times and take it around the block before that door finally unlocks.

Quick Reply: Alarm going off