S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Anyone get ventilated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get ventilated seats?

Last year we bought a Q5 with ventilated seats for my wife, and it is a good option for a hot climate like Houston. Planning to order an S4 and I am thinking about getting ventilated seats. However, no dealer here has one in stock to try out. Has anyone ordered or taken delivery of a new S4 with ventilated seats, and if so, what has been your experience?
Old 05-14-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you probably will not find to many of them because it eliminates the sport seats
Old 05-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, I will need to order, which is why I asked the question.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They are the same as the ventilated seats on the A4, so you should be able to find one on an A4 on the lot or check in the A4 forum. I also wanted the ventilated seats (the are a life saver in Houston) but didn't want to give up the sport seats, so I ordered the rotor gray Alcantara seats. Will be cooler than leather, and the lighter color should help as well. The ventilated seats only come in black. I may regret it, but I tried the alcantara seats on the C43 and really liked them. More comfortable, cooler than leather, and hold you in place better.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can only get them in black also. Explain that to me. BTW, I deal with Sewell(Audi North). They are a fabulous company.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, I am in discussions with Sewell. i bought my wife's Q5 from the, last year.

My understanding is that the ventilated seat is also a sport seat. However, it does not have the S4 logo, stitching or massage. Given the massive heat in Houston, I am strongly leaning toward ordering ventilated,
Old 05-14-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrw1
Yes, I am in discussions with Sewell. i bought my wife's Q5 from the, last year.

My understanding is that the ventilated seat is also a sport seat. However, it does not have the S4 logo, stitching or massage. Given the massive heat in Houston, I am strongly leaning toward ordering ventilated,
It's one of the reasons I likely won't get an S4. Black is not an option for me. Right now I'm focused on a BMW 540.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by jrw1

They're called sport seats but their not the same as the "regular" S4 seats. Those are called super sport seats.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
You can only get them in black also. Explain that to me. BTW, I deal with Sewell(Audi North). They are a fabulous company.
There's a very take on them so Audi only makes them in one color to save money. If you had like a 50% take on them then you'd see them in all the interior colors.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
There's a very take on them so Audi only makes them in one color to save money. If you had like a 50% take on them then you'd see them in all the interior colors.
That's a BS answer. It costs no more to have your supplier provide other standard colors. Besides, I'll turn that around. If they offered them in more colors, and especially if they were still the diamond stitched seats, they would sell more of them.

Many people on the S6/7 forums say they would like ventilated seats but they don't want to give up the diamond stitching.

Quick Reply: Anyone get ventilated seats?