AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/)
-   -   Anyone go ventilated seats in their new S4 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/anyone-go-ventilated-seats-their-new-s4-2930031/)

DillonM 08-09-2017 06:56 PM

Anyone go ventilated seats in their new S4

I am one decision away from placing my order for my S4. Going mythos black, with sport package, navigation package, and can't decide if I want the ventilated seats. I live in Arizona, so it gets pretty hot, but I love the look of the nappa sports seats. Also, I want the aluminum inlays for the interior. If I end up opting for regular nappa leather seats, then there is a model on a nearby lot that I could go with rather than ordering. It has the carbon fiber inlays, but I guess I would have to get over that if I went that route. Want opinions if anyone went with the ventilated seats. Thanks

Johndefiore 08-09-2017 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by DillonM (Post 25019917)
I am one decision away from placing my order for my S4. Going mythos black, with sport package, navigation package, and can't decide if I want the ventilated seats. I live in Arizona, so it gets pretty hot, but I love the look of the nappa sports seats. Also, I want the aluminum inlays for the interior. If I end up opting for regular nappa leather seats, then there is a model on a nearby lot that I could go with rather than ordering. It has the carbon fiber inlays, but I guess I would have to get over that if I went that route. Want opinions if anyone went with the ventilated seats. Thanks

The car I ordered was damaged in shipping, so my dealer found one in Southern California that had all the options I wanted, but also the warm weather package which I didn't want. Instead of waiting who knows how long for another car I decided to accept that car.

The seats are OK, I don't have a problem with them, but no massage feature and the ventilation is a subtle effect. Helps some on a hot day, but not dramatic. The seat fans are pretty noisy too. I do like the adjustable headrests.

DillonM 08-09-2017 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Johndefiore (Post 25019922)
The car I ordered was damaged in shipping, so my dealer found one in Southern California that had all the options I wanted, but also the warm weather package which I didn't want. Instead of waiting who knows how long for another car I decided to accept that car.

The seats are OK, I don't have a problem with them, but no massage feature and the ventilation is a subtle effect. Helps some on a hot day, but not dramatic. The seat fans are pretty noisy too. I do like the adjustable headrests.

Thanks for the response. I was unaware that there was no massage feature in the ventilated seats

Johndefiore 08-09-2017 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by DillonM (Post 25019924)
Thanks for the response. I was unaware that there was no massage feature in the ventilated seats

So was I! Bummer when I found out ;)

Talbot 08-09-2017 07:35 PM

I too was stuck on that very decision (hot in Alabama, too). Ultimately, I had always pined for the diamond stitched seats ever since I saw them on an S6 about 5 years ago, so that is what I went with. I have not regretted that choice for one second.

stanj 08-09-2017 07:41 PM

I ordered mine with the ventilated seats because I like the separate head rests, the butt massage is subtle at best, and predominantly they hurt my shoulders far less than the standard seats. I don't like that I can get them only in black, tho - wanted the A4 light grey.

Spartan-S5 08-09-2017 08:11 PM

So I've been going back and forth on this one and right now I'm going with the vented seats. I didn't know the fans were noisy...might look into that before I make a final decision.

The diamond is nice but to get it to where I want it, it's another $1400 to get the Nappa vs just the $900 for the vented...but again if those vents are loud it might affect my decision.

stanj 08-09-2017 08:16 PM

They're very quiet if you keep it off - like the standard seats ;)

Spartan-S5 08-09-2017 08:27 PM

lol nice.

Talbot 08-09-2017 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5 (Post 25019958)
So I've been going back and forth on this one and right now I'm going with the vented seats. I didn't know the fans were noisy...might look into that before I make a final decision.

The diamond is nice but to get it to where I want it, it's another $1400 to get the Nappa vs just the $900 for the vented...but again if those vents are loud it might affect my decision.

The disappointment for me on the seats was that they pull air in instead of pushing out cold (or hot) air out. That's kind of "meh." functionally speaking.