S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

AudiConnect server not available

Old 07-17-2017, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AudiConnect server not available

I cannot seem to get past this issue when trying to view certain AudiConnect features from within the car.
Originally, sales rep suggested an AT&T problem, and try to again later. I half-heartedly tried one or twice some then. But today, I put considerable effort into trying to solve this, and I'm stuck. It is unusually frustrating because getting technology to work is (normally) my wheelhouse.

What does work:
Key user was successfully created.
MMI app on my iPad is wired up and seems to work just fine.
Subscription end dates shown on car MMI screen match 6 month trial period I expect to see.

But, nothing else works, especially the Google stuff. I keep hitting this ".... server not available" wall.
I mean, I'd by glad to RDP into the server and give it a swift reboot, but I'm guessing that'd be frowned upon.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought - the Key user creation requires the dealership to do a step after you get that step done. I had to text a code to my rep and he then wrote back that it was all set.

Did you involve the dealer in any steps beyond "it's broke and they don't help you fix it?"
Old 07-18-2017, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your response.

The dealer DID do the verification step.
So far, I have not involved the dealer since the "maybe an issue with AT&T" step. It hasn't been a high-enough priority yet to spend my time GOING TO the dealer yet. The expertise here, for the most part, trumps what I've experienced (at least on the sales side) with the dealership.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this after a picked up my car also, I tried to have Audi tech support fix it and my sales rep and both couldn't, I had to drop it off at the dealer, they had to reset the whole system and it did the trick.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ugh. I really hope I can avoid that.
Thanks.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had this problem today - no online destinations available etc.

The thing is, I just bought an paired a new phone. Apparently this is a known issue since the MMI identifies users by their phone, so you have to do some amount of removing somewhere between the old device and a complete reset of the MMI (including on old posts, creating a new AudiConnect account... )

So it may be unrelated but if you recently added or switched or paired a phone, that may be the issue you are seeing. I've yet to test any of the stuff I've seen on random forums, but I'll update here if I get it fixed and this seems like your issue.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I did pair my phone, of course.
I guess it is worth unpairing and trying that. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Online destinations stopped working for me. Just for the heck of it, I pushed the button to display the map -- then I said "OnLINE Destination, Metropolitan Club, Covington, Ky."

It worked.

I thought it unnecessary to be in the Nav system for the command to work -- maybe a one off? A fluke? Kismet?

Normally, everything works no matter what.

First time for everything.

I thought, perhaps, it was an Audi mother ship problem, not in my car.

We'll see.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Talbot
Well, I did pair my phone, of course.
I guess it is worth unpairing and trying that. Thanks.
Just an update - setting my new phone to primary brought up a transfer screen, following which I removed my old device, and connectivity was restored.

I read that the MMI maintains a "global user" profile when no device is paired. If you setup audi connect, then paired your phone and (i) audi connect works when you phone is not connected over BT but (ii) audi connect does not work when your phone is paired - try removing your phone, cycling power, and then repairing. If that does not work and audi connect works without your phone, you may have to remove the audi connect account and phone, re-pair phone, and then add audi connect back. The handling seems to have improved substantially since the old threads I read - but it does seem correct that audi connect profiles are tied to MMI user profiles which are then linked by device or global user (no device) for some reason. I suppose this is why there is a "primary" and "secondary" phone setting in the MMI - I wonder what other config elements are tied to these device linked profiles... Hope this helps you or someone, thanks all!