S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

B9 2018 S4 fogging windows

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I've turned on my rear defroster once. Literally.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, and I've put many thousands of miles on more than a few models of Audis.

If memory serves, isn't there a setting in the MMI to set or defeat the recirculate function in the HVAC system?

Methinks you better all check this if you're having fogging/defrosting issues, because I don't have any of these, and never have.

gr
Old 10-15-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my B5 S4 i never had this issue
Old 10-16-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Markster
I had a chance to apply 2 coats of Polish First on both cars. My Audi and wife’s black BMW X3. They both look fantastic but I do t thinks it’s much different than Sonos Netshield product. We just had some rains for few days and I was able to see how First Polish worked. It helps a little bit from what I heated on others people impressions of LG its not the same product.

Now about the fogging windows. I have disabled recilculation and under sync I have opened the vent. This configuration helps but still some minimal fogging on rear window is showing. Winter would be a big test and I will report back.
I have half a can of LG left, luckily not much is needed to polish the windows.

Try this, it might help:
Close all the windows.
With recirc off, and auto-recirc off, try drying out the inside of your S4 by setting HVAC at a high temp ,over 80F, and turn the AC on as well, then set the fan speed to Max, and open up the rear seat vents so they can help as well.
The hot dry air will help dehumidify the interior.

I've had slight fogging but only on the front. It was one of those strange weather days when temps change drastically along with the humidity level.
I turned the vent to the windshield, set the temp around 74F, AC on and it quickly cleared.
Your condition sounds more extreme.

One thing I've noticed with modern car HVAC is the incoming air filter can have an effect on well fresh air can flow.
Check that the fresh air inlets are clear, and that the incoming air filter is clean as well.