S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Burger Motorsport Development B9 S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got around 15 orders in, will work on getting those out today and tomorrow. And then will open it up for more probably next week.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey George , I still have not received a shipping notification for mine. Marc-Antoine; Canadian order ... any update on when it will ship ?

Originally Posted by George@BMS
Got around 15 orders in, will work on getting those out today and tomorrow. And then will open it up for more probably next week.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by freemec
Hey George , I still have not received a shipping notification for mine. Marc-Antoine; Canadian order ... any update on when it will ship ?
Will try follow up. Best for order related queries is to email me direct at George@burgertuning.com

Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

George, would you be able to elaborate on what the IAT bug actually is, what happens to the car when it occurs, and what the workaround is when it does? This may help us make a more informed decision about ordering a beta unit vs. waiting for the updated f/w and/or board. I think I might get the jist of it from the discussion on the N54 boards but figured best to ask and hear it from the horse's mouth.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
George, would you be able to elaborate on what the IAT bug actually is, what happens to the car when it occurs, and what the workaround is when it does? This may help us make a more informed decision about ordering a beta unit vs. waiting for the updated f/w and/or board. I think I might get the jist of it from the discussion on the N54 boards but figured best to ask and hear it from the horse's mouth.
I should maybe go in depth with what the issues actually is. The Boost sensor collect boost pressure and temperature and sends it on a single wire on two separate signals that are similar to frequency. The JB4 collects these and sends the intake temperature back to the ECU unchanged and the boost signal reduced. What is occurring is for a slip second the temperature signal is lost in the eyes of the ECU and it triggers a map sensor fault. The engine warning lights turn on in the dash and power is reduced till next restart. The fault stored on the ECU can be cleared using the JB4. Due to the fact that both signals are coming from the same source the ECU treats this as a major event similar to unplugging the sensor completely. The frequency of the fault is random with some cars not having it at all. Being a new circuit board on our side it is something we will resolve as its the way forward on any VAG Group cars as we intend to cover every model available including Porsche which has this technology sensor on all the cars.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:54 AM
Former Vendor

Making some good headway with our meth maps. On our own car we put the integrated 2gal tank in the spare wheel area sacrificing that for a stealth look.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey George - As far as I can tell WMI hasn't been widely adopted in the Audi world, would you be able to give some details on what we could expect with it in terms of performance, how the JB4 interacts with it (does it have a special map, and does it do anything different than other maps), and if there are any downsides/risks? Really looking forward to this, btw.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nicotino15
Hey George - As far as I can tell WMI hasn't been widely adopted in the Audi world, would you be able to give some details on what we could expect with it in terms of performance, how the JB4 interacts with it (does it have a special map, and does it do anything different than other maps), and if there are any downsides/risks? Really looking forward to this, btw.
With the meth flowing and the modern day ECU where the timing map is linked to intake temperature the first benefit will be higher timing. The IAT's also will not climb as fast as they do on the S4 and there will be far more heat soak. We can run more aggressive boost maps with a failsafe in place where the JB4 will recognize meth flow and can reduce the boost automatically if the meth tank is empty or a pipe gets clogged. Relative to the size of the jet used there are some octane benefits but we do not recommend using the meth as a octane enhancing system but rather getting the natural temperature reducing benefit.
It is a external fuel system so requires some maintenance in terms of checking for leaks and keeping the tank full. You also have a flammable substance in a tank so placement is important and consideration should be taken in the event of a accident.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool, thanks!

I guess what intrigues me is that it seems like a performance benefit that is more reliable than hoping for good quality gas or E85, and since it's in a dedicated tank you don't have to worry about mix levels, and it's only in use at WOT or close to it right?
Old 10-27-2018, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nicotino15
cool, thanks!

I guess what intrigues me is that it seems like a performance benefit that is more reliable than hoping for good quality gas or E85, and since it's in a dedicated tank you don't have to worry about mix levels, and it's only in use at WOT or close to it right?
Yes, the system is activated at a set boost point an higher.
On the E85 mixes its not crucial to get it perfect as the tanks most times are between E70-85.

Quick Reply: Burger Motorsport Development B9 S4