S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Burger Motorsport Development B9 S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A user sent some Dragy GPS tests in to us on his stock S5 running 100oct on map 5.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beassst! I'm getting mine the mail soon and there's an E85 station right down the street.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is burger planning on releasing a tcu tune?
Old 11-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blesbok
Is burger planning on releasing a tcu tune?
To access the TCU you need to crack the RSA Encryption first which means you will be able to flash tune the car as well and no one has gotten close to that yet. The transmission is typically harder to do especially on ZF transmissions. On the ECU side the DAMOS files which are map identifiers leak relatively easier and people can starts altering maps etc but on the transmissions historically on ZF specifically and Auto its always been a uphill challenge. There are older version that have been out a decade that cannot be tuned yet so its highly unlikely we will get into this.
There are devices that are being sold that have been around for years coming and going with different names like Autoflash, Zeus Tuner etc. Few big guys in the US sold them for a bit but no big company carries them anymore.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by George@BMS
To access the TCU you need to crack the RSA Encryption first which means you will be able to flash tune the car as well and no one has gotten close to that yet. The transmission is typically harder to do especially on ZF transmissions. On the ECU side the DAMOS files which are map identifiers leak relatively easier and people can starts altering maps etc but on the transmissions historically on ZF specifically and Auto its always been a uphill challenge. There are older version that have been out a decade that cannot be tuned yet so its highly unlikely we will get into this.
There are devices that are being sold that have been around for years coming and going with different names like Autoflash, Zeus Tuner etc. Few big guys in the US sold them for a bit but no big company carries them anymore.
What is the dt-power tcu+? there seem to be a lot of people that are matching it to your tuner box and that is why I was wondering.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blesbok

What is the dt-power tcu+? there seem to be a lot of people that are matching it to your tuner box and that is why I was wondering.
Its most likely something similar. We don't recommend its use. The only way you can alter transmission behavior without flashing the TCU is by blocking signals to it from the ECU. This can remove torque limitation due to lack of speed signal etc but no one really knows what the ill affect can be.
I will ask the guys at the office and see how long ago we tested similar and get more information.

Last edited by George@BMS; 11-09-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TCU+ is a reflash and doesn’t block any signals, this shouldn’t interfere with your piggy.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:48 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by yabi
The TCU+ is a reflash and doesn’t block any signals, this shouldn’t interfere with your piggy.
The factory recognizes when the car is in boot mode for programming and registers the date and dealer tool used. If it was indeed a reflash the warranty would be gone on the car.
Got feedback from HQ and the ones we tested where scam products. None changed line pressures or anything related to what a actual TCU flash does. The only thing that could be logged was lack of ECU to TCU torque data. The marketing material states clearly that the TCU is not flashed on most of these. If you check VR tuned, Active Autowerke etc they don't carry these anymore. If it was something that had a positive with no negatives we would stock them and have sold thousands by now.
If guys using them are happy though and there is no ill affect then each to their own.

Last edited by George@BMS; 11-10-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on your reply it seems that you've tested similar products but there is a lot of uncertainty around it. However, you feel confident in your approach not to recommend it and back up your recommendation with claims of scams and warranty losses. Seems like a harsh move against another forum vendor. If I recall, I haven't seen DT-Power go after JB4 for the lack of performance claims (dyno numbers), CEL, or selling betaware and using customer vehicles as your testing grounds to fix your software. I don't have a leg in this but it just comes off unprofessional and unethical to me.

I wish you both luck regardless.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:38 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by yabi
Based on your reply it seems that you've tested similar products but there is a lot of uncertainty around it. However, you feel confident in your approach not to recommend it and back up your recommendation with claims of scams and warranty losses. Seems like a harsh move against another forum vendor. If I recall, I haven't seen DT-Power go after JB4 for the lack of performance claims (dyno numbers), CEL, or selling betaware and using customer vehicles as your testing grounds to fix your software. I don't have a leg in this but it just comes off unprofessional and unethical to me.

I wish you both luck regardless.
The fact that the unit is in BETA gives people the option to decide if they want to purchase it or not. We have put up a disclaimer on what it can cause and have been detailed in what the issue was which seems to be resolved. We keep all our units in BETA regardless at least for the first six months of release. As for performance claims it better when results come from the user base and we can see from the Dragy results users are posting that the cars are not short of power.
In terms of outside devices added to the car typically you will want to advise your customer as best as you can with the knowledge you have. We have been in the tuning industry for many years and have seen products come and go. Our business is to make sales so if there is something that we can add to the end users car we would so we are always looking for solutions to sell but only if they benefit the end user. End of the day though we cannot recommend something that we don't believe in as we are also trusted to advise users accordingly. As I said if you happy to run it then so be it but on our side we have responsibility to make our users aware of our own knowledge on similar products.

Quick Reply: Burger Motorsport Development B9 S4