S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Burger Motorsport Development B9 S4

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 02:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A new platform specific thread has been created here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...hread-2962118/

Its cleaner to create a new thread so we can control the first post where we will be putting update, firmware information and a lengthy FAQ adding information so users do not need to scan through pages of information.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

George,

I think you are missing the ethics on this. The original replier asked about adding the DTP TCU Tune with your JB4 system as they've heard good things on other forums/post. To insinuate that another paid advertiser's products are a scam is different than recommending against a particular configuration and/or product. In my industry, we would never speak ill will of a competitor despite any flaws we might see with them - it's considered unprofessional and we'd lose a customer of we did such.

From a outside party standpoint, I don't see anything from BMS that proves JB4 gains just as I don't see anything from DTP for the TCU. Both BMS and DTP are asking for us to trust you without backing your claims. You are both relying on consumer feedback and marketing which each product's feedback has been positive across multiple forums. This is the same sales tactic and go-to-market strategy. Why one organization would boldly attack another is appalling. Remember, there are a lot of purist out there that would claim piggy's being dangerous, voids warranties, and scam-like as they feel only a true ECU-tune is the safest and most effective way to squeeze extra power from your vehicle. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate any of these purist calling your tuner a scam; I know I wouldn't if I was in your position.

In the end, I don't have anything to gain from this debate. As a shopper who votes with their money I will take special consideration next time when something is being sold by BMS. Truth is, everyone needs to make money but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. While I am sure others will disagree, this just feels like a wrong way to me.

Enjoy your success.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yabi
George,

I think you are missing the ethics on this. The original replier asked about adding the DTP TCU Tune with your JB4 system as they've heard good things on other forums/post. To insinuate that another paid advertiser's products are a scam is different than recommending against a particular configuration and/or product. In my industry, we would never speak ill will of a competitor despite any flaws we might see with them - it's considered unprofessional and we'd lose a customer of we did such.

From a outside party standpoint, I don't see anything from BMS that proves JB4 gains just as I don't see anything from DTP for the TCU. Both BMS and DTP are asking for us to trust you without backing your claims. You are both relying on consumer feedback and marketing which each product's feedback has been positive across multiple forums. This is the same sales tactic and go-to-market strategy. Why one organization would boldly attack another is appalling. Remember, there are a lot of purist out there that would claim piggy's being dangerous, voids warranties, and scam-like as they feel only a true ECU-tune is the safest and most effective way to squeeze extra power from your vehicle. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate any of these purist calling your tuner a scam; I know I wouldn't if I was in your position.

In the end, I don't have anything to gain from this debate. As a shopper who votes with their money I will take special consideration next time when something is being sold by BMS. Truth is, everyone needs to make money but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. While I am sure others will disagree, this just feels like a wrong way to me.

Enjoy your success.
The ethics in not saying anything is worse. Down the line if issues arise its going to be a matter of why didn't you say anything. Not saying this is the case with this unit specifically but we sharing the knowledge on what the industry knows about similar devices that are even in the same enclosure. As you can see from the label its not manufacturer specific. People can do their own research there after and decide the route they want to go.
As for performance numbers from the get go we have advertised all the Dragy results we achieved on our own car and customers have surpassed these numbers by a large portion.

Last edited by George@BMS; 11-12-2018 at 04:13 AM.