S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Distribution Hold

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distribution Hold

My gorgeous S4 was produced on July 5th. I know that the car departed the factory for the port of Emden--I received an email from Audi confirming that on July 8th.

I just received an update from my dealer, and I'm a little confused:

Vehicle Status: In transit from factory
ETA Status: Hold
Hold Type: Distribution
Hold Effective Date: 5/23/2017
Holds Estimate Days: 0
Ship Departure: 7/12/2017 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived: 7/30/2017 (ETA)

What's confusing? The hold--and effective date 5/23/2017 which is before I ordered the car!

Any ideas?
Old 07-17-2017, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Occam's Razor suggests the dealer's info is stale. Especially since the Ship Departure date is still showing as an ETA and not a real date.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think Occam would say that the car is vessel bound and on its way to the USA.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Agreed.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think May was a general stop sale date, not stop build date, so your cars, cars in general -- could be manufactured and be scheduled to ship albeit at a later date, so all US builds were mostly likely held and the cars piled up in line for a ship to sale on. When the now rescheduled ship date was determined I would assume Audi then updated the dealers.

It is confusing.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sitting at the port

My car arrived at the Port of Houston on Monday and is still sitting there. My dealer contact called me Monday and said he should have it in a few days, but then called yesterday and said it's still being held up and I wouldn't be able to pick it up today. He didn't have an explanation for why it was being held, but thought it was unusual to sit at port of this long. Thought I saw another post about cars being held up from European deliveries. Could that also have been extended to the US?

Last edited by cpippolo; 07-22-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mine sat in Halifax for 8 days before being put on a truck. I got no explaination either.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ClemsonAudi
My gorgeous S4 was produced on July 5th. I know that the car departed the factory for the port of Emden--I received an email from Audi confirming that on July 8th.

I just received an update from my dealer, and I'm a little confused:

Vehicle Status: In transit from factory
ETA Status: Hold
Hold Type: Distribution
Hold Effective Date: 5/23/2017
Holds Estimate Days: 0
Ship Departure: 7/12/2017 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrived: 7/30/2017 (ETA)

What's confusing? The hold--and effective date 5/23/2017 which is before I ordered the car!

Any ideas?

Update: My car is on the way to the USA! Ship will dock at JAX July 31st. Hoping that by August 11th I will have it!
Old 07-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hope you're right. My car has been sitting at the Port of Houston since 7/17. My dealer said his GM told him that all the Audis were being held up over a "paperwork issue". That sounds like BS to me. I'm wondering if there's a problem, although it seems unlikely that the problem would affect all their cars (they are also holding some Q5s at a minimum...I guess they share a platform even though they don't share an engine...so maybe its a problem with the platform?). Anyway, good luck, but just keep in mind they can hold a car at the port on this end as well.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cpippolo
Hope you're right. My car has been sitting at the Port of Houston since 7/17. My dealer said his GM told him that all the Audis were being held up over a "paperwork issue". That sounds like BS to me. I'm wondering if there's a problem, although it seems unlikely that the problem would affect all their cars (they are also holding some Q5s at a minimum...I guess they share a platform even though they don't share an engine...so maybe its a problem with the platform?). Anyway, good luck, but just keep in mind they can hold a car at the port on this end as well.
Please keep us posted as you learn more. My car is on a boat headed to the west coast, though it only left on the 17th, so it will be a while before it gets to port. I'd hate for it to sit there for any length of time. I can only imagine how annoyed you must be! It's a first-world problem, but still....

M

Quick Reply: Distribution Hold