Do I need the S package? - Page 2 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need the S package?

Reply

 
 
Old 12-06-2017, 04:13 PM
  #11
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
plat27265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: GVRD, BC Canada
Posts: 1,570
Default

Originally Posted by neubs View Post
Isn't not being like this a prerequisite for wanting an S4??
Damn! I could not figure out what you were asking there :-D Any guy or gal can go out and buy an S4 just for the status of owning one. Those who are passionate about driving care about the sporty nature of the S4 and the driving thrills it will bring with all the nice sport stuff. As you said in your post above, "...I'm going to get the S package because if I don't, I'll obsess over what I'm missing... ". You are already acquiring a $60K plus car. You'll regret it if you don't go ahead and get that $2.5k S Sport Pack and make that thing complete.
plat27265 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:06 PM
  #12
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by plat27265 View Post
You'll regret it if you don't go ahead and get that $2.5k S Sport Pack and make that thing complete.
Agreed - thank you for confirming my suspicions. Waiting on a green one with Sport Pack now and will post pics if I get it.
neubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:45 PM
  #13
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3,440
Default

Originally Posted by neubs View Post
Agreed - thank you for confirming my suspicions. Waiting on a green one with Sport Pack now and will post pics if I get it.
Why wait? Just place an order with the exact specs.
superswiss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:19 PM
  #14
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 707
Default

​​​​​
If new to Audi and their Sports Differential technology, there's a decent video explaining how it works. I believe it was made to support the release in the B8 model. Anyway, video is below.
NHman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:54 PM
  #15
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Why wait? Just place an order with the exact specs.
I’m still somewhat of a “budget” buyer and can hammer them hard on the lease if the car is on the lot
neubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 AM
  #16
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by neubs View Post
I’m still somewhat of a “budget” buyer and can hammer them hard on the lease if the car is on the lot
I'm sure better can be done, but I custom ordered and got my car at invoice with the buy rate MF assured to me at the time of delivery. Custom ordering doesn't necessarily have to translate into a worse deal.
jayhawkmd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:09 AM
  #17
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
plat27265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: GVRD, BC Canada
Posts: 1,570
Default

Originally Posted by jayhawkmd View Post
I'm sure better can be done, but I custom ordered and got my car at invoice with the buy rate MF assured to me at the time of delivery. Custom ordering doesn't necessarily have to translate into a worse deal.
+1. I agree. The deal may not be as sweet as one that is sitting on their lot but it will be good enough especially if it will come with equipment that you want.
plat27265 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:49 AM
  #18
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3,440
Default

Originally Posted by neubs View Post
I’m still somewhat of a “budget” buyer and can hammer them hard on the lease if the car is on the lot
That's a misconception in my experience. Yes, it is possible that you can get some additional incentives if buying off the lot if the dealer needs to move vehicles, but on the other hand every car on the lot costs the dealer money. They take out loans to buy these cars and have running interest and storage costs. Yes, they do get help from the manufacturers with kickbacks and such so they can move the cars. However, if you order a car the dealership never has to pay interest or storage cost on the car. You take delivery the moment it arrives and pay for it. The lease terms should also be the same as if buying of the lot. The residual and MF are dictated by Audi FS or whoever the lesser is. They don't care if you ordered the car or bought it off the lot and in both cases you can shop around so if the dealership is trying to mark up the MF, go somewhere else.
superswiss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:55 AM
  #19
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
That's a misconception in my experience. Yes, it is possible that you can get some additional incentives if buying off the lot if the dealer needs to move vehicles, but on the other hand every car on the lot costs the dealer money. They take out loans to buy these cars and have running interest and storage costs. Yes, they do get help from the manufacturers with kickbacks and such so they can move the cars. However, if you order a car the dealership never has to pay interest or storage cost on the car. You take delivery the moment it arrives and pay for it. The lease terms should also be the same as if buying of the lot. The residual and MF are dictated by Audi FS or whoever the lesser is. They don't care if you ordered the car or bought it off the lot and in both cases you can shop around so if the dealership is trying to mark up the MF, go somewhere else.
A car sitting on the lot costs more money than one coming over on a ship. That parking real estate has value. The residual and MF are set, exactly right. But, the residual is always applied to the MSRP. Meaning, no matter how you negotiate the actual purchase price of the car, the residual $ value will always be set to 60% of MSRP (which doesn't change). The cap cost in a lease (the holy grail of lease pricing) is based on the price you end up paying for the car. So, every dollar saved in cap cost negotiation directly impacts the amount you owe to Audi over the term of your lease, which divided by 36 (or however many months you lease) is the amount you'll end up saving per month (in most cases, though some states tax leases differently).

All that being said, you'll always be able to negotiate a better price on something that is sitting on a lot over something you special order. That's just simple business.
neubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:56 AM
  #20
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Default

costs more to the dealer*
neubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: