S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Easy entry function - seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Easy entry function - seats

Can someone who has taken recent delivery of their S4 check for me if the easy entry function for the seats exist from the factory? Its under Vehicle Settings...Seats...Drivers seat - if it is.

When I first started playing with OBDEleven on my car - which was right after I had picked it up, I had run that app to enable it prior to making backups of all the modules -- and I never even checked to see if it was already available from the factory. Fortunately, it was the only thing I had done before the backups, so I know the status of the other things I played with.

Thanks,
Rick

Last edited by RickNY; 04-21-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has it. I took delivery on March 17.

What does it do anyway? I can't find it in the manual.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great, thanks. If it’s enabled, it moves the seat fully back when you turn off the car and then returns it to the memory position next time you get in and turn the car on.. If you have long legs and keep the seat all the way back to begin with, doesn’t do anything.

Last edited by RickNY; 04-22-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine enabled in setting, but it does not move the seat back and forth. Hmm...maybe a trip to the dealer?
Old 04-23-2018, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it in my S4 and it's enabled - as far as I can tell it just deflates the side bolsters when the door is opened. Don't notice anything else...
The following users liked this post:
Lawgone (07-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2018, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I done feel the bolsters deflating either. Just some mechanical whirring when i open doors.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'll feel the bolsters deflating if I sit in the car for a few minutes after I turn it off.. But the easy entry/exit thing can also be a little sporadic.. Sometimes it doesnt move the seat back.. Sometimes it doesnt move it forward.. Seems to be a common complaint when I searched around.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As a new owner, I was curious about this function as well. Nothing in the book. I was at the dealer this week and asked how it is supposed to work. The explanation I got was that, if enabled, the "easy entry" function will simply deflate the side bolsters. It does NOT move the seat back or forward.
A work-around, if you're really interested in having this function, would be to program the number 2 position on the seat memory for the full back position. Of course you'd have to push a button every time you get in/out but the seat would be moved for you. (And explain to your spouse why s/he doesn't get a memory button.) Are there some female S4 owners? Must be somewhere....
Old 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by S4 Play
As a new owner, I was curious about this function as well. Nothing in the book. I was at the dealer this week and asked how it is supposed to work. The explanation I got was that, if enabled, the "easy entry" function will simply deflate the side bolsters. It does NOT move the seat back or forward.
A work-around, if you're really interested in having this function, would be to program the number 2 position on the seat memory for the full back position. Of course you'd have to push a button every time you get in/out but the seat would be moved for you. (And explain to your spouse why s/he doesn't get a memory button.) Are there some female S4 owners? Must be somewhere....
After actually paying attention to mine -- the feature does work as intended in my car, consistently.. When I turn the car off, ONCE I OPEN THE DOOR, the seat moves back - I would say around 4". When returning to the car, the seat moves forward to the memory position stored in the keyfob, but only ONCE I START THE CAR. I will note that I have the setting for "Store settings in key" enabled -- and whenever I change any of my settings, I do two things: 1) I save the settings to memory set 1 on the door buttons and 2) in order to save the changed settings to the key, it is necessary to use the actual lock button on the fob to save those settings.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Rick, that's really interesting.... I will try this again! Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Easy entry function - seats