S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Easy entry function - seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Still no joy...

I took both keys out to the car and experimented with leaving seat in a random position then I would lock with key 1 and unlock with key 2. The seat does move to the last position the seat was in when locked with key 2. I'm not sure the seat returned to a preset nut rather the last position the seat was in when key 2 was used.
However I never saw the seat move back for exit/entry when I would start and stop engine in between the cycles.
It's logical to think the function is itneded to move the seat and not just deflate the bolsters. However it sure seems like there is a lot of confusion about the design and function of this feature. Seems like only.a few have been successful with it.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you manage that? i have it "checked' in the menus, but seats dont move back at all...
Old 06-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

mine too
Old 06-11-2018, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

OK.. In case anyone wants to see what it is actually supposed to do.. I have two videos on Youtube... A couple of things to be aware of -- when entering the vehicle, the door must be closed when pressing start button for seat to advance forward. Same thing for exit -- the door must be closed when you hit the start button to turn off the car *AND* the seats dont move back until you actually then open the door. Also -- the amount it moves is a fairly short distance, as you can see in the video.. Finally --- keep in mind if you already keep the seat fairly far back to begin with, I don't know how much this will assist, if at all. I have short legs -- so my seat is probably at around the halfway mark of the track.

I actually preferred the way it was implemented in my previous 2013 F-150 -- that advanced the seat when you closed the door. With the Audi, you have to step on the brake to start the car -- and the seat is back - so you are stretching a little to hit the brake initially just to get your seat up where you use it.

Here are the two videos:
Easy entry start:
Easy entry exit:

Last edited by RickNY; 06-11-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickNY

OK.. In case anyone wants to see what it is actually supposed to do.. I have two videos on Youtube... A couple of things to be aware of -- when entering the vehicle, the door must be closed when pressing start button for seat to advance forward. Same thing for exit -- the door must be closed when you hit the start button to turn off the car *AND* the seats dont move back until you actually then open the door. Also -- the amount it moves is a fairly short distance, as you can see in the video.. Finally --- keep in mind if you already keep the seat fairly far back to begin with, I don't know how much this will assist, if at all. I have short legs -- so my seat is probably at around the halfway mark of the track.

I actually preferred the way it was implemented in my previous 2013 F-150 -- that advanced the seat when you closed the door. With the Audi, you have to step on the brake to start the car -- and the seat is back - so you are stretching a little to hit the brake initially just to get your seat up where you use it.

Here are the two videos:
Easy entry start: https://youtu.be/gR5SpkBr-vw
Easy entry exit: https://youtu.be/W4f6qv9YClg

Yeah, I have all that set, but still not working. After doing some digging around, and seeing how many in this forum also can't get it to work, I think it was must be disabled and needs to be enabled via coding:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post24911155

You may be one of those lucky ones that got it enabled from factory.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssabripo
Yeah, I have all that set, but still not working. After doing some digging around, and seeing how many in this forum also can't get it to work, I think it was must be disabled and needs to be enabled via coding:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post24911155

You may be one of those lucky ones that got it enabled from factory.
And now we come full circle with this thread -- if you read my very first post.. I did run the OBDEleven recipe for this when I first got it.. Which would explain why its working for me. My initial post from the thread was to determine if the option existed by default... So, apparently -- it does. But its broken -- until you run the OBDEleven recipe, or apply whatever coding needs to be fixed via other means.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And now we come full circle with this thread -- if you read my very first post.. I did run the OBDEleven recipe for this when I first got it.. Which would explain why its working for me. My initial post from the thread was to determine if the option existed by default... So, apparently -- it does. But its broken -- until you run the OBDEleven recipe, or apply whatever coding needs to be fixed via other means.
LOL!!!! dammit, I totally missed that

No wonder!

you don't happen to be in south florida, or know anyone with OBDeleven in south florida, do you?
Old 06-11-2018, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssabripo
LOL!!!! dammit, I totally missed that

No wonder!

you don't happen to be in south florida, or know anyone with OBDeleven in south florida, do you?
Sorry.. I’m in NY.. You should order one anyway.. Only $79.. Order from shopdap.com
Old 06-11-2018, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Maybe out of the box the function in the mmi deflates the side bolsters when checked. When you run the app via OBDeleven it adds the seat moving back function.

Last edited by iampraneel; 06-12-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by iampraneel

Maybe out of the box the function in the mmi deflates the side bolsters when checked. When you run the app via OBDeleven it adds the seat moving back function.
Mystery solved. Played around with the obdeleven today and turned on the easy entry/exit functionality. The seat moved when exiting and entering upon start up.

Quick Reply: Easy entry function - seats