S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exhaust Tips

Anyone know the diameter of the OEM tips we have...and also how much bigger we could go if going after market...looking to swap out to some black tips. Any help appreciated!
Old 04-02-2019, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure about how big the stocks are, i would guess around 2.75- 3 inches. You should be able to fit 4 inch tips, thats what I have on mine and they fill out the bumper very nicely. Are you looking to change out the stock exhaust/muffles for something else? Cause I'm not sure how aftermarket tips would work on the stock mufflers, yes i know you can cut them off but im not sure if the pipes themselves coming out from the OEM muffler are spaced out enough to fit 4 inch tips
Old 04-20-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Meme Yo Girl
Not sure about how big the stocks are, i would guess around 2.75- 3 inches. You should be able to fit 4 inch tips, thats what I have on mine and they fill out the bumper very nicely. Are you looking to change out the stock exhaust/muffles for something else? Cause I'm not sure how aftermarket tips would work on the stock mufflers, yes i know you can cut them off but im not sure if the pipes themselves coming out from the OEM muffler are spaced out enough to fit 4 inch tips
You have a picture of your 4" pipes on ur car?
Old 04-22-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by R8ready
You have a picture of your 4" pipes on ur car?
yeah here's a pic of them.

4 inch tips
Old 04-22-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Not gonna lie that kinda looks like you bought it at Autozone... it's like a crooked Matryoshka doll of exhaust foolery. I am honestly not trying to be a jerk but yikes, sort these issues out my dude! You're driving a sixty thousand dollar car, not a used Honda

Last edited by mplsbrian; 04-22-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Not gonna lie that kinda looks like you bought it at Autozone... it's like a crooked Matryoshka doll of exhaust foolery. I am honestly not trying to be a jerk but yikes, sort these issues out my dude! You're driving a sixty thousand dollar car, not a used Honda

Thank you for your observation, these aren't ****ty "autozone special" tips lol. They're Akrapovics, They have that dual design since the outer layer is carbon fiber, and yes i do see i did put them on a bit crooked, gonna adjust them when i get back home. As far as the "gap difference" between the layers, it's the angle of the photo as well as the fact that the top layer cuts back as part of the design, that's why it looks uneven. I took a quick photo just to show the OP and R8Ready how 4 inch tips look and fit. It is a custom exhaust build i am doing and was trying out these tips to see how they would be. I appreciate your input 👍
Old 04-22-2019, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Meme Yo Girl
Thank you for your observation, these aren't ****ty "autozone special" tips lol. They're Akrapovics, They have that dual design since the outer layer is carbon fiber, and yes i do see i did put them on a bit crooked, gonna adjust them when i get back home. As far as the "gap difference" between the layers, it's the angle of the photo as well as the fact that the top layer cuts back as part of the design, that's why it looks uneven. I took a quick photo just to show the OP and R8Ready how 4 inch tips look and fit. It is a custom exhaust build i am doing and was trying out these tips to see how they would be. I appreciate your input 👍
Word, truly am just trying to be helpful. Akra is a good company and is well-liked within the sportbike track community. I know a couple Yamaha R1s with an akra header-back on and there isn't anything meaner sounding. I'll take your word that this is just a combo of on crooked + bad photo angles.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Word, truly am just trying to be helpful. Akra is a good company and is well-liked within the sportbike track community. I know a couple Yamaha R1s with an akra header-back on and there isn't anything meaner sounding. I'll take your word that this is just a combo of on crooked + bad photo angles.
of course man, no hard feelings lol. And yeah Akra has some amazing sounds exhausts, especially for bikes. Always liked their products and figured I’d try and making something of my own design. I am glad you pointed that out cause I am pretty **** about the small details like that, so now that’s gonna bug me until I fix it lmao. The finish and quality is fine with spacing, I guess just the angle I took the pic came out distorted and not well made. I’m glad these aren’t welded tips so I can always adjust them them at anytime
Old 04-22-2019, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Do you have a side view?