S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Factory Delay for Audi line?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Delay for Audi line?

Have been expecting S4 due Oct 16 through Oct 25. No ship, departure or customer in waiting info as anticipated .
I pushed the salesman for specifics and received this from dealer:

"Hi Alan,

This is Audi’s entire line up from A3’s to Q5’s the factory is backed up. I have multiple orders that are being pushed back production and delivery dates.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. I will keep you up to date as soon as I receive more information."

Did anyone else hear about a factory back up?
Old 10-03-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Damon44
Have been expecting S4 due Oct 16 through Oct 25. No ship, departure or customer in waiting info as anticipated .
I pushed the salesman for specifics and received this from dealer:

"Hi Alan,
This is Audi’s entire line up from A3’s to Q5’s the factory is backed up. I have multiple orders that are being pushed back production and delivery dates.
I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. I will keep you up to date as soon as I receive more information."
When did you order yours? My S4 is supposed to arrive mid/late October/early Nov and I've already gotten multiple emails saying it was in the system, it was ready to be built, it was complete and it was at the port for shipping. I ordered mine on August 12th.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Spartan-S4
When did you order yours? My S4 is supposed to arrive mid/late October/early Nov and I've already gotten multiple emails saying it was in the system, it was ready to be built, it was complete and it was at the port for shipping. I ordered mine on August 12th.

We ordered it in Ft Lauderdale. My S5 came in the end of August after three months....no issues.
They had build date two weeks ago. This S4 is for my wife and she is being patient.
Honestly I think they made up a story and promised me an earlier slot to keep me calm which is why I posted this inquiry.
If there is a factory wide delay others would have heard too!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:32 AM
jlc
Audiworld Junior Member

Ordered ours 7/16, told to expect delivery late Oct. Car showed up at dealer on 9/22, so a little over 2 months. Contemplating ordering another Audi (not S4, though), and dealer says timeline should be similar: 2-3 months
Old 10-03-2017, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Ask them to sign you up for the Owner In Waiting program. It sounds an awful lot like the dealership might be being dishonest with you and may not have actually even placed a factory order for the car, and was instead hoping they could trade for one at another dealer or something first. This is me being a pessimist and inherently distrustful of *most* (but not all) car dealers.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Ask them to sign you up for the Owner In Waiting program. It sounds an awful lot like the dealership might be being dishonest with you and may not have actually even placed a factory order for the car, and was instead hoping they could trade for one at another dealer or something first. This is me being a pessimist and inherently distrustful of *most* (but not all) car dealers.
Good points. I was apparently signed for oiw when ordered.
My S5 came in 90 days but this S4 seems fishy. No correspondence from Audi and they promised car too soon after I complained about delay in August.
Since no one else has similar factory delays I am calling manager next.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was in dealership last month trying to coordinate an order/delivery for April. My sales rep did mention that Audi’s production line in EU shuts down in August every year.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good points. I was apparently signed for oiw when ordered.
My S5 came in 90 days but this S4 seems fishy. No correspondence from Audi and they promised car too soon after I complained about delay in August.
Since no one else has similar factory delays I am calling manager next.
Again, when did you order...the exact date? Because if you ordered before me, then your car should be built already unless your dealer did not have allocation.
I would call up the dealer & ask for the owner & say you want by the end of the day the update on your car. It's easy to get this. If they don't then you know they are pulling your chain.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did get response from manager who sent PDF update on our vehicle.
ordered July 20 and now schedfor release to carrier last week in November with build week 4317. PDF.

"The current ETA for the car is 11/22/2017 to 12/12/2017. Please note that it is our understanding that there have been broad production delays at the factory. With that said, our estimation is that your order was delayed by approximately 30-days."

Quite a delay indicating 4 1/2 months easy for S4 order.
Perhaps because of black optics?

[IMG]file:///page1image128[/IMG]

Last edited by Damon44; 10-04-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did get response from manager who sent PDF update on our vehicle.
ordered July 20 and now schedfor release to carrier last week in November with build week 4317. PDF.

"The current ETA for the car is 11/22/2017 to 12/12/2017. Please note that it is our understanding that there have been broad production delays at the factory. With that said, our estimation is that your order was delayed by approximately 30-days."

Quite a delay indicating 4 1/2 months easy for S4 order.
Perhaps because of black optics?

[img]file:///page1image128[/img]
I ordered 3 weeks after you and my car is already almost here to the USA. I think either they didn't have allocation or something else is up. 30 day delay would push everyone's order back unless you had some extra option there was a delay on.

Quick Reply: Factory Delay for Audi line?