S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Features being added to Audi Connect CARE

Old 02-06-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Features being added to Audi Connect CARE

Received an email earlier today from Audi stating that some features previously only available with the PRIME & PLUS packages are now being included with the free Audi Connect CARE package

Starting March 8th, Vehicle Status Report, Car Finder, and Remote Lock/Unlock will be available as part of Audi connect CARE. At least on my car, remote lock/unlock was included as part of CARE. I did lose access to the vehicle status report and car finder once the trial was over -- so this is nice.. I probably used the vehicle status report more than anything else when I had it, so it will be nice to have it back. It wasn't worth the $199/6 mos or $499/18 mos to me though, thats for sure.

Last edited by RickNY; 02-06-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

I've never been able to make the MMI app work on my phone. It says its connected but couldn't ever get any of the features to work at all. Eventually I just gave up and didn't renew the subscription when the trial period ended. Android auto does everything I need.

FOr reference my new subaru ascent can do all these things plus remote start, climate settings, heated seat controls, defroster controls, and can honk the horn and flash the lights all from my phone. Their service costs $25 a year.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
I've never been able to make the MMI app work on my phone. It says its connected but couldn't ever get any of the features to work at all. Eventually I just gave up and didn't renew the subscription when the trial period ended. Android auto does everything I need.

FOr reference my new subaru ascent can do all these things plus remote start, climate settings, heated seat controls, defroster controls, and can honk the horn and flash the lights all from my phone. Their service costs $25 a year.
This makes me laugh, AT AUDI!!

That "service" is so woefully overrated, underwhelming, and overpriced - it's almost criminal.

Good news on the "free" additions to the app. Thanks for posting!

gr
Old 03-03-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

I have given up an Audi Connect. It never seems to work.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider990
This makes me laugh, AT AUDI!!

That "service" is so woefully overrated, underwhelming, and overpriced - it's almost criminal.

Good news on the "free" additions to the app. Thanks for posting!

gr
I agree, except that I wouldn't call it overrated, as no one seems to rate it highly.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Consider this just an additional value add at no cost. Since CARE is included in the purchase price of the car, this can be used for free for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So I noticed vehicle status updated for me this morning, but when I tried to check vehicle locator, the app kicked me out and now it wont let me log back in.. So apparently this is being worked on.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickNY
So I noticed vehicle status updated for me this morning, but when I tried to check vehicle locator, the app kicked me out and now it wont let me log back in.. So apparently this is being worked on.
Yup seems it's down per screenshot.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also noticed in the car, there is now an entirely new set of license entitlement names in the "License Information" section of Audi Connect.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything in the app is still grayed out for me. Can log Into my account just fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Features being added to Audi Connect CARE