First Black Optic? - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Black Optic?

Reply

 
 
Old 06-08-2017, 04:34 AM
  #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 15
Default First Black Optic?

I am new to Audi making the transition over from the VW world. It was time for me to transition into something a little more serious. I had been waiting to order this car since 2016 (never came). On 3/15 I was finally able to place my order exactly how I wanted it sans the BO package. I have spent my fair share of time glancing through the forums waiting to poke my head. I was fortunate enough to catch the new order guide the day it came out and was able to contact my dealer and request the addition of the BO. Now I know this isn't for everyone and I am not sure it's even completely for me. Nevertheless, I enjoy the way both versions of the car look and decided to take the opportunity to be an early adopter. Anyways, although my dealer said they could modify my order they were unable to and instead reordered the same car with the BO. The first car I ordered showed up at the dealer yesterday and the BO version is scheduled for 6/20. Seems like it could be one of the first of its kind in the US and will be eager to share some images with everyone.

Prestige Plus
Daytona w/Magma & Carbon
Tech Package
Sports Diff
Ad. Steering
Black Optics

On a side note, I do not really get regular updates from my dealer. I have my COMM# NS3896 and was interested in getting an update on the progress. I know it missed the production date but was still scheduled to be delivered on time.
magikbaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:17 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 116
Default

My BO is scheduled for delivery 7/17. I received my VIN yesterday. Production completed 5/31.
ibu11et is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM
  #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 620
Default

Originally Posted by magikbaker View Post
I am new to Audi making the transition over from the VW world. It was time for me to transition into something a little more serious. I had been waiting to order this car since 2016 (never came). On 3/15 I was finally able to place my order exactly how I wanted it sans the BO package. I have spent my fair share of time glancing through the forums waiting to poke my head. I was fortunate enough to catch the new order guide the day it came out and was able to contact my dealer and request the addition of the BO. Now I know this isn't for everyone and I am not sure it's even completely for me. Nevertheless, I enjoy the way both versions of the car look and decided to take the opportunity to be an early adopter. Anyways, although my dealer said they could modify my order they were unable to and instead reordered the same car with the BO. The first car I ordered showed up at the dealer yesterday and the BO version is scheduled for 6/20. Seems like it could be one of the first of its kind in the US and will be eager to share some images with everyone.

Prestige Plus
Daytona w/Magma & Carbon
Tech Package
Sports Diff
Ad. Steering
Black Optics

On a side note, I do not really get regular updates from my dealer. I have my COMM# NS3896 and was interested in getting an update on the progress. I know it missed the production date but was still scheduled to be delivered on time.
OP, congrats and that's a nice build. I have on order the same color combination and originally had the BO package. Though I had the dealer remove it preferring the 19" V-spoke rims and aluminum trim with the Daytona Grey. In my opinion, either combination should look good.

BTW, since you have listed the Tech Pkg., you should have the Premium Plus. There's no Prestige Plus only Prestige (which comes with the Tech Pkg.).
NHman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:36 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 375
Default

Originally Posted by magikbaker View Post
I am new to Audi making the transition over from the VW world. It was time for me to transition into something a little more serious. I had been waiting to order this car since 2016 (never came). On 3/15 I was finally able to place my order exactly how I wanted it sans the BO package. I have spent my fair share of time glancing through the forums waiting to poke my head. I was fortunate enough to catch the new order guide the day it came out and was able to contact my dealer and request the addition of the BO. Now I know this isn't for everyone and I am not sure it's even completely for me. Nevertheless, I enjoy the way both versions of the car look and decided to take the opportunity to be an early adopter. Anyways, although my dealer said they could modify my order they were unable to and instead reordered the same car with the BO. The first car I ordered showed up at the dealer yesterday and the BO version is scheduled for 6/20. Seems like it could be one of the first of its kind in the US and will be eager to share some images with everyone.

Prestige Plus
Daytona w/Magma & Carbon
Tech Package
Sports Diff
Ad. Steering
Black Optics

On a side note, I do not really get regular updates from my dealer. I have my COMM# NS3896 and was interested in getting an update on the progress. I know it missed the production date but was still scheduled to be delivered on time.

Original ETA 06/20/2017 - 07/18/2017
Open Campaigns No
Current ETA 06/22/2017 - 07/16/2017
Sale Reported Date
ETA Status On Track
SCarGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:27 PM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 116
Default

What does it show for location? And is this a BO build?
ibu11et is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:58 AM
  #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
Original ETA 06/20/2017 - 07/18/2017
Open Campaigns No
Current ETA 06/22/2017 - 07/16/2017
Sale Reported Date
ETA Status On Track
Thanks for the update. I assume it will be the 6/22 date as the dealer is using the minimum date and the other order arrived on the minimum date as well.

Originally Posted by ibu11et View Post
My BO is scheduled for delivery 7/17. I received my VIN yesterday. Production completed 5/31.
Interesting that your production date is before mine but you are expecting to receive your car a month after mine. I assume the dealer is giving you the most conservative date and mine the optimistic. Seems my dealer expects the 6/22 based on experience. Where are you located? Mine will be coming to Pittsburgh.
magikbaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:14 AM
  #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by NHman View Post
OP, congrats and that's a nice build. I have on order the same color combination and originally had the BO package. Though I had the dealer remove it preferring the 19" V-spoke rims and aluminum trim with the Daytona Grey. In my opinion, either combination should look good.

BTW, since you have listed the Tech Pkg., you should have the Premium Plus. There's no Prestige Plus only Prestige (which comes with the Tech Pkg.).
I had a similar thought process. The daytona gray was the only color I would consider not getting in the black optics. It still has me torn but am comfortable with it. I also wanted the 18" wheels to use for snow tires. I ideally wanted to get a set of BBS CH-R II's for the summer with some extreme performance tires. I might try to see if someone would be interested in doing a swap for the stock 18's. Same goes for the mirrors. In almost all circumstances I like body color mirrors or the aluminum. For the gray I will most likely be getting the carbon fiber mirror caps. The europe BO has black mirrors.

Haha also yes "premium plus".
magikbaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 116
Default

Originally Posted by magikbaker View Post
Thanks for the update. I assume it will be the 6/22 date as the dealer is using the minimum date and the other order arrived on the minimum date as well.



Interesting that your production date is before mine but you are expecting to receive your car a month after mine. I assume the dealer is giving you the most conservative date and mine the optimistic. Seems my dealer expects the 6/22 based on experience. Where are you located? Mine will be coming to Pittsburgh.
That's probably the issue. I am in the LA area. The car is shipping to the Port of San Diego. I assume that the ship will be going through the Panama Canal which adds about a week I hear.
ibu11et is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:49 AM
  #9
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 116
Default

Current status update.

Car is on the "Cronus Leader" currently moored in the Port of Zeebrugge, Belgium.

ETA to the Port of San Diego, 7/10
ibu11et is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:06 PM
  #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 15
Default

I am on the "Viking Queen" ETA to Halifax 6/16 and Davisville 6/19. Felt like the 3 month wait went pretty fast up until I figured out what ship it's on. I can't even tell the boat is moving until I check the next day. Keep getting scared its stuck or taken over by pirates.
magikbaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:45 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: