S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Front License Plate Woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m332is
New York is also a 2 plate state and I used to run no front plate on my Porsche. I've heard stories of people running no front plate and never getting pulled over... my experience is not the same. On my way to work, with the top down, a sheriff's deputy does a U-turn to pull me over. Writes me up for no front plate and says he patrols this road every day and will pull me over every time he sees me until I mount the front plate because I was headed to a client in that area every day for a while, I mounted the plate. Following summer, I remove the plate again as I'm not headed to that county any longer on a regular basis and my son was driving the car and a sheriff's deputy in another adjacent county pulled him over and gave him a ticket for the plate - he was pulled over for the plate, not speeding or anything else. Wasn't worth the aggravation of getting pulled over for no front plate, so I mounted it again and have left it on. Now I run both plates on all my cars as it's not worth the hassle.

I'd love to see a special rear only plate in NYS and I'd even pay a premium each year to have it. If I could run one plate, I'd definitely install the RS grill!

Funny you bring up NY plates...

I ask who designed those orange/yellow plates...We have a running quote..."we call them..." arrest me right now plates"

Here...The highway patrol uses the front plates as laser focus points for speeding...when your in a major freeway series ( 4/6 lanes) they have a tendency to pinpoint the plated drivers..my radar detector does not scream as well