S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Is This A Good Deal? *Lease concern*

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is This A Good Deal? *Lease concern*

Hello Everyone,

Been browsing the forum for a little while now and finally decided to make an account. I've finally left my B8.5 A4 and upgraded to a new B9 S4 in October of 2017. So far the car has been amazing with everyday driving but of course there are little things that I wish could have been better. The deal I got for the current lease was $1000 down a signing and $664 a month for 15,000 miles a year for 36 months. My question is that what was everyone else lease cost them? I think I got a pretty good deal but just seeing what else was out there.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awdallen
Hello Everyone,

Been browsing the forum for a little while now and finally decided to make an account. I've finally left my B8.5 A4 and upgraded to a new B9 S4 in October of 2017. So far the car has been amazing with everyday driving but of course there are little things that I wish could have been better. The deal I got for the current lease was $1000 down a signing and $664 a month for 15,000 miles a year for 36 months. My question is that what was everyone else lease cost them? I think I got a pretty good deal but just seeing what else was out there.
It is impossible to know if this is a good deal without knowing what equipment the car has. It is somewhat of a moot point as well...at this point if you're happy with your payment and the car then why risk the potential worries over someone else getting a better deal than you?
Old 03-06-2018, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by awdallen
Hello Everyone,

Personally, my knee-jerk response is that it doesn't matter what everyone else's lease deals are/were. You already have yours. You were, apparently, happy at the time with the deal, unless someone "coerced" you in some way to take the deal. Are you looking to "get out" of your lease? Well, good luck at doing that so early in your 36-month term. If you get out now, it is certainly possible you will have to write a pretty good sized check to overcome the depreciation. You love the car -- "So far the car has been amazing. . . " you write. You apparently don't have any "claim" you are trying to make to ultimately approach the dealer to respond to.

Frankly, this really is a "who cares" situation. If you're looking to either "feel good" or "find out that you were -- somehow -- screwed," this is probably not a very good place to come.

However, in the interest of enumerating what might be required -- at a minimum -- to determine the "quality" of the deal, you have given actually zero information that would allow anyone to even make an evaluation to respond to you.

Your missing data:
  • MSRP (as shown on the sticker, to start with)
  • Premium+ or Prestige
  • Residual in either dollars or as a % of MSRP (give us both, would be my preference)
  • Term (well, we know this was 36 months) and mileage allowance (we'll assume 45,000 miles)
  • Cap cost reduction -- think of this "the amount off of MSRP contributed by all parties"; you said you "gave" them $1,000. Were there any other "gives"? If so, how much?
  • How is sales tax figured, how is it paid? How much is it (in % and $)?
  • Sometimes there are "sweeteners" made available to individuals based on having an "exceptional" credit rating (above 800) -- did you get any sweetener (think of it as the "best possible" money-factor which you can think of as APR) if so, what was it 1/4% better, for instance, be specific?
  • Did you put down a refundable security deposit or several security deposits? If the answer is "yes" how many, how much, etc.?
  • Was there any "loyalty" bonus thrown at you "IF" you signed up for AudiCare and/or went through AFI for your source of funds? If so, how much?
  • Did you, indeed, opt for AudiCare? How much was it, if so? Did you roll that into the lease or pay them separately?
  • Did you buy (and put into the lease) any "accessories?" If yes, how much were they?
There are probably additional "factors" -- data -- that might have affected the transaction. Did you OWN your previous car? Did you "trade in" your previous car and apply that car's asset value (cash) as a DP on the lease, for instance?

I assume others may have their own approaches, but I do think it important to get the basic data to allow someone who has the time and talent to "run the numbers" for you.

I leave you with: (again) Who cares at this point? It's a done deal for an "awesome" car. Drive it like you live.