AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/)
-   -   Latest MMI Version Available? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/latest-mmi-version-available-2958254/)

Nyuni 09-05-2018 10:19 AM

Latest MMI Version Available?

2018 B9 S4, North American Region

My car has MMI version 0918. I've got a laundry list of minor bugs observed around various areas of the MMI system, mainly around Bluetooth, virtual cockpit, and Apple CarPlay that I've tried to have my dealer service department rectify with a software update for my last two service visits. When I've taken it in the answer both times has been a steadfast, "There are no updates available" from the techs. Meanwhile, I've been in slightly newer A4 and A5s with the same MMI system, and they have a version somewhere up in the 1100s. Lo and behold, they don't exhibit any of the issues I'm having with my MMI system.

I know in the past with my C7 A6, the dealer wouldn't do anything to update the MMI unless you said "the magic phrase" that matched a specific TSB whose resolution was to update the MMI system. I was hoping that my list of bugs would comprise one, but it seems like that's not the case.

I'm wondering if anybody with a North American B9 S4 has a newer MMI version than 0918, or does anybody know what the magic "symptom" is that I have to tell the service advisor to get them to update the darn thing? I find it hard to believe that the A4/A5 could have a newer MMI software release while the S4 does not.

Z-ero_00 09-12-2018 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the TSB hope it Helps :)

rccoleman 09-13-2018 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nyuni (Post 25206524)
2018 B9 S4, North American Region

My car has MMI version 0918. I've got a laundry list of minor bugs observed around various areas of the MMI system, mainly around Bluetooth, virtual cockpit, and Apple CarPlay that I've tried to have my dealer service department rectify with a software update for my last two service visits. When I've taken it in the answer both times has been a steadfast, "There are no updates available" from the techs. Meanwhile, I've been in slightly newer A4 and A5s with the same MMI system, and they have a version somewhere up in the 1100s. Lo and behold, they don't exhibit any of the issues I'm having with my MMI system.

I know in the past with my C7 A6, the dealer wouldn't do anything to update the MMI unless you said "the magic phrase" that matched a specific TSB whose resolution was to update the MMI system. I was hoping that my list of bugs would comprise one, but it seems like that's not the case.

I'm wondering if anybody with a North American B9 S4 has a newer MMI version than 0918, or does anybody know what the magic "symptom" is that I have to tell the service advisor to get them to update the darn thing? I find it hard to believe that the A4/A5 could have a newer MMI software release while the S4 does not.

The latest from the factory is 1320, but I'm not aware of anyone who has found the magic words to say to get it. The previous version, 1178, is what I have on my S5, built in Nov 2017. I'm waiting for the next update to fix this issue, which does have a pending service solution, but I suspect that you don't have that issue with 0918.

stanj 09-13-2018 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Z-ero_00 (Post 25209805)
Here's the TSB hope it Helps :)

Ummm... that's for some 2014 issues. Not particularly relevant here.

I would still like to get to enjoy Top View before the lease is up...

ghostrider990 09-14-2018 04:47 AM

I too would like to see this.
CARPLAY issues seem to come and go, and are more effected with Apple IOS updates. My biggest gripe is if I leave my phone plugged in, and I power cycle the car, my phone won't be recognized when I restart, and I have to unplug the phone, and re-connect.

Also, been having the back-up camera stay on too long, and also NOT come on at times when In reverse. Similarly, I have also seen issues with the parking sensors NOT sounding periodically, even though I can see they're working in the MMI. B/T connectivity issues as well.....but those are an annoyance, not a fail - as I typically use CARPLAY.

I too would like to see and update. I heard Audi released a fix for Top View a few weeks ago -- but I have no specifics, as I don't have that feature on my car. But its a known issue.

Never had any VC issues.

gr

yabi 09-14-2018 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider990 (Post 25210345)
I too would like to see this.
CARPLAY issues seem to come and go, and are more effected with Apple IOS updates. My biggest gripe is if I leave my phone plugged in, and I power cycle the car, my phone won't be recognized when I restart, and I have to unplug the phone, and re-connect.

Also, been having the back-up camera stay on too long, and also NOT come on at times when In reverse. Similarly, I have also seen issues with the parking sensors NOT sounding periodically, even though I can see they're working in the MMI. B/T connectivity issues as well.....but those are an annoyance, not a fail - as I typically use CARPLAY.

I too would like to see and update. I heard Audi released a fix for Top View a few weeks ago -- but I have no specifics, as I don't have that feature on my car. But its a known issue.

Never had any VC issues.

gr

Hey gang, I was at the dealership yesterday and they informed me that there has not been any updates to address either the top down camera resets or the passenger-side mirror occasionally not readjusting after reversing. They did note that Audi was aware of both and they are still waiting for an update.

Hope this helps!

mlewisii 09-14-2018 09:02 AM

My car has a build date of 06/18 with version 1320 and my top view camera defaults to camera when parking. Not sure why they can't update previous versions. I've also never experienced any issues with the mirror.

audi_bimmer_10280 09-15-2018 04:50 AM

For us Android users, Android Auto is flaky as hell. Always get the "Black Screen of Death" on occasion, but still can hear the turn-by-turn directions.

yabi 09-16-2018 03:49 AM

Is there a TBS similar to the 2014 one listed above for the B9 MMI version 1320?

rccoleman 09-16-2018 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by yabi (Post 25211115)
Is there a TBS similar to the 2014 one listed above for the B9 MMI version 1320?

No, only a PSS (Pending Service Solution), which means that they intend to fix it, but it isn't available yet. And the last indication from Audi is that it's been pushed back to the end of the year.