S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Mileage Check In: How are your Michelin PS A/s's Wearing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mileage Check In: How are your Michelin PS A/s's Wearing?

Checking in with those who have mounted Michelin Pilot A/S's on their wheels.....

How many miles currently, and how are they wearing??

I have approx. 8.5k miles since I mounted mine (OEM 19's), and seemingly wearing fairly evenly.
Although, still noisey, and only getting more so as the miles build. I do need to measure ind. tire wear, and rotate and adjust tire pressures accordingly.

I'm trying to do some mental math to figure out how many miles i may or may not get out of these tires, before my lease is up (April 2020).

Half considering putting my summer rubber back on for a while.

input welcome.

gr
Old 07-23-2018, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

got 1.5k miles on mine and still quiet as the day i got them mounted. (255/35/19) Wearing really well from what i can see visually when I took the wheels off the other day for cleaning. I don't worry about the tread when the lease is up since i have dedicated winters that I switch to for about 4 months of the year.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

I have the 18’s. Had them installed the day I took delivery of my car on Feb 8th. 4950 miles as of today, just measured tread.. All 4 are even at 9/32” tread remaining. No tire noise. Happy with these tires so far. I’ll be rotating sometime in the next few weeks.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How often do you guys rotate your tires?
Old 07-26-2018, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Meme Yo Girl
I do it every 5k, otherwise I always rotate when I swap summer/winter setups.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

I find tires wear more evenly with AWD, so every 10k miles. Paid the dealer to do it at the 30k service instead of doing it myself.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Noticed my fronts edge-wearing faster than the rears, which is apparently (and obviously) normal for Audis with front-heavy handling, and prominent engine-forward understeer.

I adjusted my pressures accordingly to try and balance this wear pattern. Have yet to measure and rotate.....need to do this asap.

will post when I do.

gr
Old 07-30-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cheewy
I do it every 5k, otherwise I always rotate when I swap summer/winter setups.
Originally Posted by lowjdml

I find tires wear more evenly with AWD, so every 10k miles. Paid the dealer to do it at the 30k service instead of doing it myself.
I probably should rotate them asap, im almost at the 10k mark. I was reading online people saying do it every 5k miles, then saying AWD/Audi's should be every 10k so i was a little throw off by which i should do. guess ill get em done this weekend.
Originally Posted by ghostrider990
Noticed my fronts edge-wearing faster than the rears, which is apparently (and obviously) normal for Audis with front-heavy handling, and prominent engine-forward understeer.

I adjusted my pressures accordingly to try and balance this wear pattern. Have yet to measure and rotate.....need to do this asap.

will post when I do.

gr
what pressure are you running in the fronts and rears? I do find it a little annoying, and a bit inconvenient, that we dont have actually tire pressure monitors in our cars to display the PSI but what can ya do lol. I dont drive my car hard every day but i do drive alot for work, so just wanna get the most life i can out of these tires
Old 07-30-2018, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I probably should rotate them asap, im almost at the 10k mark. I was reading online people saying do it every 5k miles, then saying AWD/Audi's should be every 10k so i was a little throw off by which i should do. guess ill get em done this weekend.

what pressure are you running in the fronts and rears? I do find it a little annoying, and a bit inconvenient, that we dont have actually tire pressure monitors in our cars to display the PSI but what can ya do lol. I dont drive my car hard every day but i do drive alot for work, so just wanna get the most life i can out of these tires

First 5k miles, I ran OEM pressure (35f/39r).
I drive somewhat normally, with some aggressive weekend driving.
I bumped up to (38f/42/r) when I noticed the edge feathering on the fronts.

Yet to determine how that has affected the evenness of my wear. Been putting off measuring and rotating.....too damn hot outside!

gr
Old 08-05-2018, 04:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have the PSA's but the Korean tire, forget the brand.

I was really disappointed when I saw what tire it had but honestly they are incredible. I've had all the Michelin high performance tires and these are easily on par if not better.

The downside is they wear like mad. I was going to rotate at 10K miles and they were done by then. My rears are 7/32's but the fronts are barely 3/32's and going down fast. I also do not baby my car but I was surprised by the wear level. My PSS's on my '14 S4 lasted me close to 25K miles and I drove that the same.

Quick Reply: Mileage Check In: How are your Michelin PS A/s's Wearing?