S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Mileage check thread: How's your S4 holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Ugh theadamdude that is some hnnnnnnnnnnnggggg car wash goal-setting right there. I will be doing that to my next car for sure. Thanks for the video.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Ugh theadamdude that is some hnnnnnnnnnnnggggg car wash goal-setting right there. I will be doing that to my next car for sure. Thanks for the video.
Thanks! I’ll be posting a thread soon on my car washing setup as well.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up my Glacier White S4 in late August. Now it has 7900 miles on it and everything is holding up very well, really happy with this car. Minor things:

1) When I picked it up, I had dealer swap summer tires for A/S Contis I got from Tire rack. When they mounted them, the bead under the rim was torn on one of them so it had a progressive slow leak. Discount tire replaced at ~4.3k miles it and the dealer reimbursed me.
2) Top camera bug has got me a little frustrated.
3) Oil change at 5k, dealer used wrong oil and I didn't catch it until 1.5k miles later. Dealer flagged car, put the right oil in and is going to comp a change at 15k miles.
4) Going to try and hold off on speaker recall until I observe any potential hazard. Right now, trim 'blades' are securely glued with no sign of sharp edge sticking out. We'll see how the hot summer treats them.
5) Added second trunk light and replaced red reflectors with red lights on all the open door indicators. Seems a little cheap of VAG not to include those, along with grocery hook and rear caliper covers.
6) Started noticing center front dash speaker buzzing intermittently, gonna address that at 10k service.
7) Interesting one, I just had left over summer tires (Bridgestone) mounted on some new wheels (black for more drama) at Discount tire. Noticed one Conti was different than the others in tread. Turns out that when they replaced the one with the torn bead, they actually put on an ExtremeContact Sport summer tire instead of a DWS 06 A/S. The side wall looks really close and I never took a close look at the tread to compare. Luckily, the wear is still within tolerance to replace just one, so they will replace it with a new one so I have four matching tires for next winter. Jeez!
8) Getting car ceramic coated next week with 22PLE HPC.

Love the car! Seamed to get better at ~5k and 7.5k. Especially quieter drone when engine sound is set to Auto or Dynamic. I leave it in Auto now were as before it would have gotten on my nerves leaving it there all the time.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhbrew
Picked up my Glacier White S4 in late August. Now it has 7900 miles on it and everything is holding up very well, really happy with this car. Minor things:

1) When I picked it up, I had dealer swap summer tires for A/S Contis I got from Tire rack. When they mounted them, the bead under the rim was torn on one of them so it had a progressive slow leak. Discount tire replaced at ~4.3k miles it and the dealer reimbursed me.
2) Top camera bug has got me a little frustrated.
3) Oil change at 5k, dealer used wrong oil and I didn't catch it until 1.5k miles later. Dealer flagged car, put the right oil in and is going to comp a change at 15k miles.
4) Going to try and hold off on speaker recall until I observe any potential hazard. Right now, trim 'blades' are securely glued with no sign of sharp edge sticking out. We'll see how the hot summer treats them.
5) Added second trunk light and replaced red reflectors with red lights on all the open door indicators. Seems a little cheap of VAG not to include those, along with grocery hook and rear caliper covers.
6) Started noticing center front dash speaker buzzing intermittently, gonna address that at 10k service.
7) Interesting one, I just had left over summer tires (Bridgestone) mounted on some new wheels (black for more drama) at Discount tire. Noticed one Conti was different than the others in tread. Turns out that when they replaced the one with the torn bead, they actually put on an ExtremeContact Sport summer tire instead of a DWS 06 A/S. The side wall looks really close and I never took a close look at the tread to compare. Luckily, the wear is still within tolerance to replace just one, so they will replace it with a new one so I have four matching tires for next winter. Jeez!
8) Getting car ceramic coated next week with 22PLE HPC.

Love the car! Seamed to get better at ~5k and 7.5k. Especially quieter drone when engine sound is set to Auto or Dynamic. I leave it in Auto now were as before it would have gotten on my nerves leaving it there all the time.
I'm also getting the front dash speaking buzzing...seems to occur after the car has warmed up & seems to do it on acceleration only...I'm thinking it's a bad ground wire/loose wire. Let me know if you hear anything about getting it taken care of.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sforfun

beautiful car... exactly the same as mine
but 200 miles and wheel bearing, that’s not a promising sign
2018 S4.
Update.

As previously posted.
April 12 2018.
Left Side Wheel Bearing replaced at Audi Pacific.
Miles In 312 / Miles Out 320. In service April 12 -17.

April 24 2018.
Air Conditioning set at Lo / Cold - blowing Hot Air into Driver Passenger Foot Well Air Ducts.
Grinding noise coming from Left Side Wheel area when wheels are turned hard right - only occurs at idle speed - parallel parking / tight corners.

Called Audi Pacific. No Courtesy Vehicle Available. No appointment available till next week.
Called Audi Beverly Hills. Turned in my S4 at 5 PM - received courtesy vehicle.
Miles In 595 /

April 27 2018
Spoke to Service Advisor.
Air Conditioning resolved.
Grinding from left side requires additional testing from tech. Tech not able to locate issue.
Advises that estimated time of completion is May 1 2018.

PISSED OFF.

April 27 6 PM
Surpise S4 welfare visit Audi Beverly Hills.
Vehicle not in service area - tech stalls.
Informed that my brand new car was driven by porter to Fairfax facility 20 mins away.

REALLY PISSED OFF.

April 27 6:45
Surpise S4 welfare visit Audi Beverly Hills Fairfax Location.
Greeted by Service Manager. Said my car was in the best hand possible. Mentioned that he open a case with Audi for additional assistance.

Walked to service stall / Lift to inspect vehicle.

Miles driven to inspect problem 15.

Grease and Dust just like this ALL OVER vehicle.

Bird Feces ALL OVER roof.

Grease and Finger Prints ALL OVER steering wheel. Plastic wheel cover removed and thrown on floor board. DO NOT WASH notice crumpled and thrown on floor.

REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF.

Over all state of vehicle, Unacceptable and Unprofessional.

After colorfully expressing my distaste in the state of my BRAND NEW CAR, service manager said he would have it detailed. I kindly respond by refusing the offer.
I advised his to review his paper work and acknowledge the fact that I specifically asked not to have my car washed.
Furthermore, he will be contacted by my personal auto detailer to pay for any paint correction and detail services needed.

I took possession of this car April 7 2018.

Its has been or will have been in service for a total of 12 days by the time of this repairs completion.

Complete BS.

I have a quote of upwards of 1K to have the car decontaminated and polished.

Complete BS.

Any suggestions...

Last edited by CUBA142; 04-28-2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think you can blame the audi dealer for the bird poop lol
Old 05-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CUBA142
2018 S4.
Update.

As previously posted.
April 12 2018.

April 24 2018.
Air Conditioning set at Lo / Cold - blowing Hot Air into Driver Passenger Foot Well Air Ducts.
Grinding noise coming from Left Side Wheel area when wheels are turned hard right - only occurs at idle speed - parallel parking / tight corners.

Called Audi Pacific. No Courtesy Vehicle Available. No appointment available till next week.
Miles In 595 /

April 27 2018
Grinding from left side requires additional testing from tech. Tech not able to locate issue.

PISSED OFF.

April 27 6 PM
Informed that my brand new car was driven by porter to Fairfax facility 20 mins away.

REALLY PISSED OFF.

Greeted by Service Manager. Said my car was in the best hand possible. Mentioned that he open a case with Audi for additional assistance.

Grease and Finger Prints ALL OVER steering wheel. Plastic wheel cover removed and thrown on floor board. DO NOT WASH notice crumpled and thrown on floor.

After colorfully expressing my distaste in the state of my BRAND NEW CAR, service manager said he would have it detailed. I kindly respond by refusing the offer.
I advised his to review his paper work and acknowledge the fact that I specifically asked not to have my car washed.
Furthermore, he will be contacted by my personal auto detailer to pay for any paint correction and detail services needed.

Its has been or will have been in service for a total of 12 days by the time of this repairs completion.

Complete BS.

Complete BS.

Any suggestions...

After 7 days of down time in the shop... I gotta head back to the dealer. Navigation is stuck. As I drive, it stays in the location I departed originally from.

And yes, I already tried to reset MMI ( Pushing 3 Buttons at the same time)

Someone playing a joke on me or something.

Last edited by CUBA142; 05-04-2018 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 05-05-2018, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Someone playing a joke on me or something.
Nobodys laughing, that sucks. At least you are well on your way to 30 days in the shop for a lemon law buyback, which I would honestly consider and in some ways hope for if in your situation. Good luck buddy. Some advice: don’t mention lemon law to them at all if you want it, as I imagine they will do everything in their power to make sure the car is not admitted and sitting in the shop waiting for parts/not being worked on if they know it would bolster your case for a lemon law claim that you intend to try and make.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian

Nobodys laughing, that sucks. At least you are well on your way to 30 days in the shop for a lemon law buyback, which I would honestly consider and in some ways hope for if in your situation. Good luck buddy. Some advice: don’t mention lemon law to them at all if you want it, as I imagine they will do everything in their power to make sure the car is not admitted and sitting in the shop waiting for parts/not being worked on if they know it would bolster your case for a lemon law claim that you intend to try and make.

Roger that.
Dropped off car for service today. Service advisor said it was going to be a while... Forman was up to neck in work.

Keep you all posted.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

2018 S4.
Update.

As previously posted.
April 12 2018.

April 24 2018.

Miles In 595 /

April 27 2018

PISSED OFF.

April 27 6 PM

REALLY PISSED OFF.

Complete BS.

Complete BS.

Any suggestions...
$1,000 for a decon and polish? $300 more and thats roughly the price of a full ceramic coating. At least thats how much mine was. It requires a decon and 1 step polish anyways. Who's your detailer?

Quick Reply: Mileage check thread: How's your S4 holding up?