S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

MMI Preset Mode TSB!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MMI Preset Mode TSB!

One thing that always bugged me about the MMI in my S4 was the way presets worked. If you shut off the car in the preset mode, when it started back up it would go into the channel list mode for the band the preset was in, I.e. FM mode for an FM station.

I got used to flipping the mode to presets every time I started the car, but it still always bugged me...but no longer!

There’s a TSB for an instrument cluster module software update that resolves this problem! (TSB 2052896/1)

I had this applied today, and besides the fact they put the wrong oil in the car, the presets are fixed!

Success!

Last edited by joeyalex; 11-27-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyalex
One thing that always bugged me about the MMI in my S4 was the way presets worked. If you shut off the car in the preset mode, when it started back up it would go into the channel list mode for the band the preset was in, I.e. FM mode for an FM station.

I got used to flipping the mode to presets every time I started the car, but it still always bugged me...but no longer!

There’s a TSB for an instrument cluster module software update that resolves this problem! (TSB 2052896/1)

I had this applied today, and besides the fact they put the wrong oil in the car, the presets are fixed!

Success!
If I was you I would check air filter because their multipoint inspection is bs
Old 11-28-2018, 03:21 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that TSB came out yesterday. Notice any other changes?
Old 11-28-2018, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Yeah that TSB came out yesterday. Notice any other changes?
The oil temperature gauge started reading out around 120 degrees...mine always showed dashes until more like 140-145 in the past.

Also, it seems better about not nuking the map while in Carplay mode. It leaves the Audi map active until you actually start a route in Google Maps/Waze/etc. I seem to recall before it went to the compass in the VC whenever a navigation app was running, not just when it was actively routing. (I might be wrong on that, but it felt different to me)

Since this only calls for an instrument cluster update, the MMI itself stays at the same version. I had 1118 going in and 1118 coming out, so they only update the module that is in the TSB.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:27 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The oil temperature gauge started reading out around 120 degrees...mine always showed dashes until more like 140-145 in the past.

Also, it seems better about not nuking the map while in Carplay mode. It leaves the Audi map active until you actually start a route in Google Maps/Waze/etc. I seem to recall before it went to the compass in the VC whenever a navigation app was running, not just when it was actively routing. (I might be wrong on that, but it felt different to me)

Since this only calls for an instrument cluster update, the MMI itself stays at the same version. I had 1118 going in and 1118 coming out, so they only update the module that is in the TSB.

Interesting. I would like to see pics of the new look if you don’t mind.

The 5F and IC both communicate with eachother, so it sounds like this could have definitely helped. I recently had 1316 installed on both my allroad and Q7 for the top view camera issue, and both have been performing flawlessly. Though I will make sure to mention this issue
Old 11-28-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Do you know if this addresses the "Now Playing" screen not showing on the virtual cockpit when you first start your car? You have to scroll thru the station list before it shows the current song playing. This is for XM radio.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by luder888
Do you know if this addresses the "Now Playing" screen not showing on the virtual cockpit when you first start your car? You have to scroll thru the station list before it shows the current song playing. This is for XM radio.
Mine didn’t have that issue prior to the update, at least not consistently. It could have been because I used the VC to switch modes to presets each time I started the car, which may have “fixed” it.

So far I’ve only driven the car 4 times. Each time it has started in presets and the “now showing” screen has come up after a short delay each time, so it is possible this would fix that issue for you.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Allroading17

Interesting. I would like to see pics of the new look if you don’t mind.
I haven’t noticed any visible differences yet, it is all bug fixes as far as I can tell. The oil temperature gauge definitely starts reading earlier, but it still looks the same, it just starts showing numbers lower in the temperature range.

I’m still not sure if the Carplay maps thing is different or not. There are so many variables, different phones, iOS versions, app versions and MMI all seem to have impacts on the behavior. Right now, my MMI map in the VC stays a map until I start a route in a CarPlay mapping app, where it then turns to a compass. Stopping the route brings the map back. This seems consistent in my limited testing.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven’t noticed any visible differences yet, it is all bug fixes as far as I can tell. The oil temperature gauge definitely starts reading earlier, but it still looks the same, it just starts showing numbers lower in the temperature range.

I’m still not sure if the Carplay maps thing is different or not. There are so many variables, different phones, iOS versions, app versions and MMI all seem to have impacts on the behavior. Right now, my MMI map in the VC stays a map until I start a route in a CarPlay mapping app, where it then turns to a compass. Stopping the route brings the map back. This seems consistent in my limited testing.
Did the TSB fix the issue for you? Is it still sticking on presets after the car restarts?

-Jason
Old 01-15-2019, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thejuice
Did the TSB fix the issue for you? Is it still sticking on presets after the car restarts?

-Jason
Yep, it completely fixed it. It seems like such a petty thing, but it was really bugging me!

Quick Reply: MMI Preset Mode TSB!