S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Nav package knowledgeable answers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav package knowledgeable answers...

Hey gang

Just about to pull the trigger this week and my last option I'm contemplating is the Nav package (previously tech package but now side/rear assist included in base).

I really like analog gauges & having seen the ones that come standard and the big screen you get in the middle, it seems pretty nice. (see below text).

But the VC is nice and so is the 8.3" screen (though it's not that much bigger and you can probably retro fit a 8.3" if you find one)

Now, the problem I've run into is everyone I talk to at the dealers just doesn't seem to be informed about the in's and out's of the nav package besides pointing to the 4 bullet points on the order sheet.

What I'm asking you guys is, if I don't get the Nav package, what am I missing out on besides the VC, 8.3 screen, touch MMI and Audi connect that aren't listed or obvious?

Someone in another thread said you lose the ability to watch videos. Someone else said you don't get the hard drive you can save music/videos to, etc.

So I'm trying to figure out all the little things that the package comes with that just aren't listed or obvious.

Thanks guys!

Old 06-25-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

You might want to search or ask this question on the B9 A4 subforum. I suspect few S4 buyers are specing a car with a base price this high without that package.

If you're thinking about retrofitting a larger center screen--which I personally doubt is easy or possible--IMO you might as well just pull the trigger on the tech pkg and embrace the awesomesauce that is Virtual Cockpit because I suspect the parts/labor/hassle to swap that center screen might very well cost you damn near as much as this option would (while also voiding your MMI warranty).
Old 06-25-2017, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I like the analog gauges better too. I don't want to feel like I'm driving a video game. I know I'm in a minority, but that's the way I feel.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
You might want to search or ask this question on the B9 A4 subforum. I suspect few S4 buyers are specing a car with a base price this high without that package.

If you're thinking about retrofitting a larger center screen--which I personally doubt is easy or possible--IMO you might as well just pull the trigger on the tech pkg and embrace the awesomesauce that is Virtual Cockpit because I suspect the parts/labor/hassle to swap that center screen might very well cost you damn near as much as this option would (while also voiding your MMI warranty).
Unfortunately the A4 gauges/screen are not the same in the S4. The S4 gets a screen that extends out over the gauges at the top, where the A4 is a square screen.
I like the analog gauges better too. I don't want to feel like I'm driving a video game. I know I'm in a minority, but that's the way I feel.
Agreed. There is something about all digital that just makes the dash/area look empty/flat, even when it's on. When its off it's completely a black hole.

Last edited by Spartan-S5; 06-25-2017 at 05:38 PM.