S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

NEW! Billet Hood Latch Release Handle for your B9 S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default NEW! Billet Hood Latch Release Handle for your B9 S4

Audi B9 Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

Functional, stylish, and sturdier the Billet Hood Release Handle for your B9 A4/S4 A5/S5 will give a hint of flair to an often overlooked and understated part of your engine bay.

Click HERE for your Audi B9 A4 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

Click HERE for your Audi B9 S4 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

Click HERE for your Audi B9 A5 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

Click HERE for your Audi B9 S5 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

If you have an Audi B9, chances are you have an eye for subtle, functional, and artistic design.
While the factory plastic hood release is functional, it leaves much to be desired in terms of aesthetic additions to the look of your engine bay.

With the Billet Aluminum Hood Latch Release Handle from ECS, you can leave no stone unturned and take a forgettable part and make it a party piece.

Both more durable and more stylish, this hood latch handle is sure to match your attention to detail and add flair to an understated part of your bay.

Click HERE for your Audi B9 A4 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

Click HERE for your Audi B9 S4 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

Click HERE for your Audi B9 A5 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle

Click HERE for your Audi B9 S5 ECS Billet Hood Latch Release Handle
Old 10-13-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has to be one of the dumbest mods I've ever seen. So you're going to take a part that functions perfectly in a hot environment, make it metal, and then charge me for it? So it used to be a material that dissipated heat. Now its one that hold it in? So now I get to burn my hand every time I open the hood when the car is hot?

I guess the goal here is to brand the ECS logo into my hand every time I open the hood.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks nice, I guess. But it's an answer for a question that no one ever asked.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

This is amusing. I would not even go as far as calling this hood release a "tax return mod" as I would spend return money on many other things over this.
This is more like a lottery mod, or maybe an athletes signing bonus mod because only a bored enthusiast, or someone looking to blow money would get this.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

You guys forgot to make it another color?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ibu11et
This has to be one of the dumbest mods I've ever seen. So you're going to take a part that functions perfectly in a hot environment, make it metal, and then charge me for it? So it used to be a material that dissipated heat. Now its one that hold it in? So now I get to burn my hand every time I open the hood when the car is hot?

I guess the goal here is to brand the ECS logo into my hand every time I open the hood.

Not to mention it's metal, so most likely more weight than plastic.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:27 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This really hurts brand credibility. What a joke
Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We're already getting reports from customer breaking the stock plastic handle, hence our designing an upgraded billet version.

As for it burning your hands after driving, I've personally popped the hood on our B9 A4 after extended length testing sessions on hot days, my hand is still fully intact and doesn't resemble that of Arnold Ernst Toht.

Color options, blend in black is our only option at this time, but you can always send it out for refinishing if you really want a cool custom color!

-James
Old 10-18-2017, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
We're already getting reports from customer breaking the stock plastic handle, hence our designing an upgraded billet version.
Not to belabor, but are you sure the failures are in the handle itself? Or the mechanism it's attached to (which would only be more prone to failure with a heavier handle if used incorrectly). When I popped the hood for the first time, it wasn't immediately obvious which way it was supposed to pivot to release the mechanism. Poor design job on Audi's part - I really don't know why they make the cutout symmetrical if the part can only swing in one direction...
Old 10-20-2017, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^^This. I seriously thought this was a joke. But someone will buy one.

Quick Reply: NEW! Billet Hood Latch Release Handle for your B9 S4