AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/)
-   -   OEM S4 logo'd Floor Mats (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/oem-s4-logod-floor-mats-2923662/)

markcincinnati 06-30-2017 09:07 AM

OEM S4 logo'd Floor Mats

Someone posted that there are OEM S4 mats offered (logo on front mats only). I went to the Audi collection and they do NOT have them there.

Where can I go to get 2018 Aud logo'd S4 mats, if indeed anyone knows a URL or phone number or secret handshake even?

Thanks.

Spartan-S5 06-30-2017 10:30 AM

These Mark?

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...61221A041.html

markcincinnati 06-30-2017 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5 (Post 24994217)

No, the carpeted mats -- I have seen carpeted mats with the logo of the car they're in (front mats only). I remember seeing black mats, red stitching (or gray) with an "S4" monogrammed on them. I just don't know how to find them, I had thought they came from the dealer several years ago.

I just can't seem to locate them and having them custom made is stupid expensive.

BobbyBob 04-19-2018 09:53 AM

I have a B8.5 S4 and am going to order from these folks (I am state side too): https://www.autostyle.co.uk/catalog2/index.php
For my car, they no longer offer a carpeted mat, which I think is stupid. They want me to use the Audi S4 rubber mats. This is not a daily driver for me and don’t want to put those in an S4.

I have have seen many on this forum post about using AutoStyle. I will let you know how I net out if you are interested.

markcincinnati 04-20-2018 05:37 AM

I, for one, would be interested in buying Audi S4 (2018) carpeted mats with the "S4" logo in red and white or red and silver (black mats with red or gray stitching). Please keep me/us posted.

BobbyBob 04-20-2018 06:32 AM

I ordered them yesterday.

Ordered the gray that matches the Audi carpet, colored S4 logo on the outsides of the mat, heel pad on the driver’s side only, gray piping, but looking into magma red stitching to match the magma red interior. I will post pictures when i get them in.

Pretty excited!

markcincinnati 04-21-2018 06:10 AM

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Did you upload the "S4" logo or did you select "text" -- I couldn't find any S4 option. I did start with A4 B9 LHD and then outlined the mats in silver or gray and configured a "Sport" motif with what seems to be simply "S4" in italics. S4 -- that could be OK, but it's not a real logo.

Why Audi itself doesn't offer these mats is a mystery to me.

BobbyBob 04-21-2018 07:17 AM

I found an S4 logo online, uploaded that, and then have been talking with Danielle via email. They have S4 logos in house as well I believe but I think it has something to do with copyright issues.

markcincinnati 04-23-2018 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyBob (Post 25141411)
I found an S4 logo online, uploaded that, and then have been talking with Danielle via email. They have S4 logos in house as well I believe but I think it has something to do with copyright issues.

So, are you saying you found the "real" S4 logo on-line, uploaded it as an email attachment, but that they can't use the "official" logo because there are copyright restrictions, so they're going to use a "fake S4 logo," or are they going to go ahead and use the logo you sent them in (an apparent) violation of copyright?

My thought would be to ask them to make an LHD set of mats using the logo YOU sent them -- unless they would "force" me to find another OEM logo and attach it to my email.

I want the logo that is on the rubber mats, but on the carpeted mats. Seems like Audi would market these or authorize another company (and receive a royalty) to make them and put the money in the bank.

I was at the Audi Boutique in Ingolstadt a few years ago and they had an Audi Branded leather jacket for sale -- I have tried repeatedly, since then to find such a jacket at the Audi Collection (AudiUSA) and, while they have plenty of jackets, coats, and shirts, I haven't seen a full-leather jacket (other than the one in Ingolstadt) ever.

I ended up buying a leather jacket from the Planet Hollywood in Prague (which ultimately went out of business), thinking I could get the jacket from the Audi Collection (USA), nah, baby, nah!

Audi (and BMW) are keen to make their cars part of a lifestyle (I have Audi wine glasses and brass coasters, I'm such a fan-boy), but you can't get (these days) so many of the things you used to be able to get -- these items must not have been the revenue drivers I would have thought they were.

The rubber logo'd mats are fine -- and, what the heck, I'd even take a set of carpeted mats with the four rings, but even those are no longer offered.

There, I feel (a little bit) better now.

benz240 04-23-2018 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by markcincinnati (Post 25142209)
So, are you saying you found the "real" S4 logo on-line, uploaded it as an email attachment, but that they can't use the "official" logo because there are copyright restrictions, so they're going to use a "fake S4 logo," or are they going to go ahead and use the logo you sent them in (an apparent) violation of copyright?

My thought would be to ask them to make an LHD set of mats using the logo YOU sent them -- unless they would "force" me to find another OEM logo and attach it to my email.

I want the logo that is on the rubber mats, but on the carpeted mats. Seems like Audi would market these or authorize another company (and receive a royalty) to make them and put the money in the bank.

I was at the Audi Boutique in Ingolstadt a few years ago and they had an Audi Branded leather jacket for sale -- I have tried repeatedly, since then to find such a jacket at the Audi Collection (AudiUSA) and, while they have plenty of jackets, coats, and shirts, I haven't seen a full-leather jacket (other than the one in Ingolstadt) ever.

I ended up buying a leather jacket from the Planet Hollywood in Prague (which ultimately went out of business), thinking I could get the jacket from the Audi Collection (USA), nah, baby, nah!

Audi (and BMW) are keen to make their cars part of a lifestyle (I have Audi wine glasses and brass coasters, I'm such a fan-boy), but you can't get (these days) so many of the things you used to be able to get -- these items must not have been the revenue drivers I would have thought they were.

The rubber logo'd mats are fine -- and, what the heck, I'd even take a set of carpeted mats with the four rings, but even those are no longer offered.

There, I feel (a little bit) better now.

I feel your pain, frustrating why the company won't just add a damn logo to the carpeted mats.

But as someone with the rubber mats, regardless of the logo being there or not (though it looks better for sure) - I'd take them over the carpeted mats any day. They don't wear out as fast as the thin carpet mats, they clean up so much better, and I don't have to worry about my (or my passengers') shoes in the car - which are usually the filthiest thing on any given person.

mplsbrian 04-23-2018 06:05 AM

If I was getting custom mats I'd have them done with the "Audi Sport" logo. Yeah yeah I know "that is technically reserved for RS cars blah blah" but screw it, it's my car and that's what I'd do. Now that I think about it it probably would only cost $15 per mat or something for an embroidery shop to add that to the plain black OEM carpet mats. It's all done by machine anyway so you probably just need to provide an image file and mark out where you want the logo to be with masking tape.

Mark, why don't you just do that?

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...ncinnati%2C+OH

Or ask your local Audi club who they trust for such things. I am sure it has been done.

BobbyBob 04-23-2018 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by markcincinnati (Post 25142209)

So they do not post logos as options when you are ordering them. But you can upload your own logo and they can use that. In my own opinion that releases liability from them as a comp. That way, if Audi ever came back to them and stated they were producing Audi merch without licensing they can say it was not our logo and we assumed the buyer had permission to use it. I doubt that will ever happen though. They have been making these mats for some time now...I have seen threads from at least 10 years ago where this comp is producing these mats.

This is an image from Danielle that she sent me to give me an idea of the logo size and color. I decide to go with the red stitching...we shall see!

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...02dd014f1.jpeg

BobbyBob 05-03-2018 09:07 AM

They came in and...WOW! I could not be happier.

I am very impressed with the final product. I went with premium carpet, anthracite gray, nubuck piping, heel pad, and red magma stitching. All said, it was 100 GBP, which is $147 USD and that includes shipping to CO. These will be my summer mats and plan on just using the OEM mats for winter, spring, and maybe fall. I might get the rubber mats down the line but I have my alternative for now.

Here are a few pics. Sorry for the lighting as the car is in the garage. I will try and get some posted in the light when she (Ingrid) comes out to play on a sunnier day.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...59e7b5ae58.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...d7945fb457.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...f9977a2387.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...f5d4deb801.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...7f0a0303c0.jpg

markcincinnati 05-03-2018 10:47 AM

Very nice! Impressive.

Now, if my car ever gets out of the body shop!

markcincinnati 05-03-2018 11:16 AM

Bobby,

I sent an email to order the exact same mats for my 2018 S4 (LHD, too, of course). We'll see what they come back with. I don't know where you got your LOGO, but I sent an image (the one you posted above) and told her/them I wanted the same mats, etc.

We'll see.

Thanks.

Mark

BobbyBob 05-03-2018 05:30 PM

This is the logo that I used but I am sure they have tons of them saved somewhere. LOL. What is going on with your car...already getting body work done???

You will be very happy with these for sure.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...1bf3e68edf.png

m332is 05-04-2018 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyBob (Post 25147225)
They came in and...WOW! I could not be happier.

I am very impressed with the final product. I went with premium carpet, anthracite gray, nubuck piping, heel pad, and red magma stitching. All said, it was 100 GBP, which is $147 USD and that includes shipping to CO. These will be my summer mats and plan on just using the OEM mats for winter, spring, and maybe fall. I might get the rubber mats down the line but I have my alternative for now.

Here are a few pics. Sorry for the lighting as the car is in the garage. I will try and get some posted in the light when she (Ingrid) comes out to play on a sunnier day.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...59e7b5ae58.jpg

I'd like to order the exact same mats - would you mind forwarding her email address which should make it easier for them?

Thanks,
Vince

markcincinnati 05-04-2018 05:17 AM

Here is the email address I used: sales@autostyle.co.uk

BobbyBob 05-04-2018 05:56 AM

Thanks, Mark. Daniel is who I have been dealing with and she is very responsive. Prod time was very quick too by the way.

m332is 05-04-2018 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyBob (Post 25147757)
Thanks, Mark. Daniel is who I have been dealing with and she is very responsive. Prod time was very quick too by the way.

Thanks I just emailed her and asked for the exact same specs as you ordered - I feel like I should be paying you a royalty fee :)

Vince

markcincinnati 05-04-2018 07:23 AM

OK, I just got the response from them:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The price for a set with two embroideries and a heelpad is £65.

Shipping to Ohio will add £35 to that, so that’s £100 in total (or approx. $135 US).

Lead time from receipt of payment is approx. 6 working days.

Shipping from the UK to the US will add 2 or 3 days to that.

Let me know if this is OK and we can set up a production order and send you a PayPal request.

Kind regards,

Peter Altena

sales@autostyle.co.uk

www.autostyle.co.uk

I gave them the OK to move forward.

m332is 05-04-2018 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by markcincinnati (Post 25147807)
OK, I just got the response from them:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The price for a set with two embroideries and a heelpad is £65.

Shipping to Ohio will add £35 to that, so that’s £100 in total (or approx. $135 US).

Lead time from receipt of payment is approx. 6 working days.

Shipping from the UK to the US will add 2 or 3 days to that.

Let me know if this is OK and we can set up a production order and send you a PayPal request.

Kind regards,

Peter Altena

sales@autostyle.co.uk

www.autostyle.co.uk

I gave them the OK to move forward.

I got a similar response as well.

BobbyBob 05-04-2018 08:05 AM

Awesome! Mine were the same cost, GBP, but the conversion at the time made them about $147. I sent her an email letting her know that she would be getting a few more orders from what they sent me. Too bad there are not any referral bonuses...the cost alone of the mats make up for that though IMO.

Post some pics when you get them! I think they are worth bragging about, they are that good.

markcincinnati 05-04-2018 08:21 AM

Here's the odd thing:

I actually do understand and respect the value of "the logo" -- I don't own it, you don't own it.

But, given that there is both revenue and one would assume income to be associated with selling these mats, why doesn't Audi put these up for sale themselves? I would assume they would charge perhaps 20% more -- and if they bought them in quantity, they could most certainly get them (in some kind of bulk order) for less, and increase their margin further.

They sell a bunch of stuff in the Audi boutique -- legitimately branded and (I think) substantially marked up. I have several shirts, two jackets a set of wine glasses and key fobs that I've purchased over the years -- yet floor mats would seem to have substantially more takers than a Calvin Klein shirt with the four-rings embossed on the sleeve. Some dealers, too, would undoubtedly like to sell the mats or offer them "at a discount" when buying a new vehicle. "You can have the no charge mats or these for $50 more (retail value $199.99, kind of thing)."

If you'll note, more than half the price of the mats again are the shipping charges. We're here buying them onesey-twosey. Imagine if we actually could have ordered 50 sets (and had them sent to the dealer here in "your town" -- available for some portion of the customers who would, like us, go ahead and spring for them.)

The price, per, would probably have been lower since the "machinery" that is cranking these out in the UK could have been set to "run continuously".

Folks would never pay for OEM wheels at an OEM price from the dealer buy wheels (from the Tirerack, etc.) daily. Floor mats, even with a huge markup, might well command customers since even if the mats were $20 more per pair than most folks would consider reasonable, would go ahead a buy them because the percentage would be high, not the dollars.

I was so frustrated I couldn't get an S4 keyfob, I ordered one from China ($11) -- so far even the paint on it hasn't peeled off (over a year now). I paid more than twice that for a generic AUDI fob for my wife -- when what she probably wanted was one that said SQ5!

There must be reasons for these things: I mean, if you can't or won't supply items directly, well, at least license them to someone else who will.

m332is 05-04-2018 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BobbyBob (Post 25147828)
Awesome! Mine were the same cost, GBP, but the conversion at the time made them about $147. I sent her an email letting her know that she would be getting a few more orders from what they sent me. Too bad there are not any referral bonuses...the cost alone of the mats make up for that though IMO.

Post some pics when you get them! I think they are worth bragging about, they are that good.

Thanks! My order is in and PayPal sent. Can't wait.

NHman 05-04-2018 04:48 PM

This is a good thread and timely as I will also be ordering a set with the same options and color pattern.

BobbyBob 05-05-2018 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by markcincinnati (Post 25147839)
Here's the odd thing:

I actually do understand and respect the value of "the logo" -- I don't own it, you don't own it.

But, given that there is both revenue and one would assume income to be associated with selling these mats, why doesn't Audi put these up for sale themselves? I would assume they would charge perhaps 20% more -- and if they bought them in quantity, they could most certainly get them (in some kind of bulk order) for less, and increase their margin further.

They sell a bunch of stuff in the Audi boutique -- legitimately branded and (I think) substantially marked up. I have several shirts, two jackets a set of wine glasses and key fobs that I've purchased over the years -- yet floor mats would seem to have substantially more takers than a Calvin Klein shirt with the four-rings embossed on the sleeve. Some dealers, too, would undoubtedly like to sell the mats or offer them "at a discount" when buying a new vehicle. "You can have the no charge mats or these for $50 more (retail value $199.99, kind of thing)."

If you'll note, more than half the price of the mats again are the shipping charges. We're here buying them onesey-twosey. Imagine if we actually could have ordered 50 sets (and had them sent to the dealer here in "your town" -- available for some portion of the customers who would, like us, go ahead and spring for them.)

The price, per, would probably have been lower since the "machinery" that is cranking these out in the UK could have been set to "run continuously".

Folks would never pay for OEM wheels at an OEM price from the dealer buy wheels (from the Tirerack, etc.) daily. Floor mats, even with a huge markup, might well command customers since even if the mats were $20 more per pair than most folks would consider reasonable, would go ahead a buy them because the percentage would be high, not the dollars.

I was so frustrated I couldn't get an S4 keyfob, I ordered one from China ($11) -- so far even the paint on it hasn't peeled off (over a year now). I paid more than twice that for a generic AUDI fob for my wife -- when what she probably wanted was one that said SQ5!

There must be reasons for these things: I mean, if you can't or won't supply items directly, well, at least license them to someone else who will.

Yes! I am in a B8.5 and they (Audi) even discontinued the carpet OEM mats that come from the factory. That is what drove me to look elsewhere. The dealer kept pushing me to the rubber mats and my response and thought was that this is not a utility vehicle...I have one of those already. LOL. This is a fun toy for me and I want to baby it a little, which means I want nice things for it.

I too value the logo and did not like the fact that I had to use a third party but this is what happens when consumers do not get what they want, they look for the alternative. I would assume that we are not the only ones who have been requesting these from Audi and am sure the volume on these mats is pretty crazy.

Just glad that I was able to get what I wanted in the end. I know you will all be pleased as well!

markcincinnati 05-06-2018 06:46 AM

If these are as good as they surely seem to be, I'll be getting a set of them for my wife's 2018 SQ5! Now, do I ask THEM if they already have an SQ5 logo?
I can imagine their business may have an uptick due to the power of AudiWorld. I shared the images with my Audi dealer and they asked me to bring the car in to show off the new mats. They specifically were interested i the heel pad option I went ahead and configured (5GBP).

35GBP is a lot for the shipping (for one set) -- but, let's say a dealer ordered a dozen, I can't imagine the shipping would be 12 x 35.

BobbyBob 05-06-2018 06:55 AM

I have seen other members get a metal plate added vs the carpet like we did. Not a fan of that look...it’s functional but heard it’s hard to clean the open slates. The only “issue” I have with my heel pad is that my heel would get a little caught on the upper edge when using the third pedal. I have learned to adjust that now though...it took a few spirited drives throwing the gears to do so ;)

Sobeit 05-07-2018 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by BobbyBob (Post 25148586)
I have seen other members get a metal plate added vs the carpet like we did. Not a fan of that look...it’s functional but heard it’s hard to clean the open slates. The only “issue” I have with my heel pad is that my heel would get a little caught on the upper edge when using the third pedal. I have learned to adjust that now though...it took a few spirited drives throwing the gears to do so ;)

Bobby, great find and thinking to order a set as well. QQ: dimensionally, are these same size as OEM carpet mats? Reason asking is, I changed out my OEM rubber mats with carpet ones tonight; then I noticed the rubber mats are appreciateably larger (front & rear). Def prefer the larger area of coverage.

BobbyBob 05-08-2018 05:20 AM

I do not have the exp with the rubber mats so cannot comment how they compare size wise. However, they are identical to the OEM carpet mats and appears that the template they use is 100% based off of them. I will even say that the hardware on the mats (plastic retainers) fit better than my OEM mats. LOL. My driver side mat did not “pop” on the carpet post as well as these do...that is prob just due to wear and tear of them though (hardware is identical).

Hope that helps some.

Sobeit 05-09-2018 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyBob (Post 25149488)
I do not have the exp with the rubber mats so cannot comment how they compare size wise. However, they are identical to the OEM carpet mats and appears that the template they use is 100% based off of them. I will even say that the hardware on the mats (plastic retainers) fit better than my OEM mats. LOL. My driver side mat did not “pop” on the carpet post as well as these do...that is prob just due to wear and tear of them though (hardware is identical).

Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the info!

m332is 05-22-2018 04:47 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...d27e368dd.jpeg
My mats came in - a great match and love the logo! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic...

BobbyBob 05-22-2018 05:41 AM

Thanks for sharing! They look good and would you agree that pics don’t do them justice?

m332is 05-22-2018 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyBob (Post 25156027)
Thanks for sharing! They look good and would you agree that pics don’t do them justice?

The pics definitely don't do them justice... I'd go as far as to say they look like they came in the car as delivered from the Audi factory. I highly recommend them and plan to order a set for my old Porsche.

markcincinnati 05-22-2018 08:41 AM

Mine should be in in a day or two -- I ordered one S4 set and one SQ5 set. Looking forward to it!

m332is 05-22-2018 08:43 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...d6a788910.jpeg
Here's a pic from when they came in - same iPhone but a bit better quality and please ignore the white sticker label.

markcincinnati 05-23-2018 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by m332is (Post 25156012)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...d27e368dd.jpeg
My mats came in - a great match and love the logo! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic...

Both sets of mats arrived this morning via FedEX.

They are in excellent condition, well packaged, etc.

I took the mats to the car, removed the OEM mats, vacuumed, and replaced with the new mats.

My estimation is that the mats are 50% thicker than the ones that came with the car (I replaced both front and rear OEM mats with the "bespoke" -- premium -- mats).

The fit is PERFECT -- you'd never know these were not made for Audi AG to be resold. The quality, fit, detail, etc., is spot on.

They look identical to the ones from the post I am replying to -- the red is very bright and the logo area does POP when the sun hits it as you open the car door.

I had a need to make an appointment for my 15,000 oil and filter change and I had told my rep about the mats and he had asked to see them, so I drove to the dealership.

The SQ5 and S4 logos, we noted, are "dead on balls accurate!"

The fit and apparent quality exceed the OEM mat in every way -- the heel pad is a very nice touch.

Here is the psychological benefit -- I say psychological, because to prove it would be very time consuming and probably require equipment I don't have ready access to -- the car (my S4 Prestige with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on OEM 18" rims) is QUIETER, there is less road noise. Of course the S4 is pretty quiet to begin with, but now it is just a tad quieter than before. The rep suggested it was the thickness of the new mats that provided just "this much" extra sound insulation. I may be imagining this.

Can't say if the SQ5 mats are the same PERFECT FIT, but I assume they will fit as intended.

My four mats (each for a 2018 S4 and SQ5) x 2 were 65 pounds per set plus a bundled shipping charge of 35 pounds according to the invoice. All in, I'd say this took 7 or 8 calendar days.

Getting a group of folks (from the same geography) together to make a buy would be "lovely" but probably impractical, but if you think you can pull it off, here is my strongest possible endorsement.

Audi bling -- so unnecessary yet so vital.

Sforfun 05-23-2018 12:35 PM

Now I want a set! :D

markcincinnati 05-23-2018 05:14 PM

The SQ5 mats are perfect, too.