S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Ordered my S4 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordered my S4 yesterday

hello from So Cal. I just ordered my first Audi! After driving several BMW’s over the years the S4 brought me over. Now the waiting game 3+ months ugh!
car specs:
2018 S4 premium plus
Glacier white
S sport package
Warm Weather Package
Black optics package
Carbon atlas inlays
Old 02-02-2018, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! You'll love the car. Love mine and I love the warm weather package/ventilation. So I assume from the list you didn't get the tech package either? I love the look of the analog gauges with the nice screen between them...has a lot of depth.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

The gauges looked cool but it was bundled at a $4400 option and I just didnt think it was worth it. Ill likely miss the headsup display though from my current Camaro SS more than anything.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sforfun
The gauges looked cool but it was bundled at a $4400 option and I just didnt think it was worth it. Ill likely miss the headsup display though from my current Camaro SS more than anything.
Nah you won't, doesn't work with polarized sunglasses anyway
Old 02-02-2018, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the family. My advice--change the order and add the Prestige package and the Driver Assistance Package. To me it is worth the 10% premium against the sticker.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:46 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ClemsonAudi
Welcome to the family. My advice--change the order and add the Prestige package and the Driver Assistance Package. To me it is worth the 10% premium against the sticker.
I second that. I'll also plug the dynamic steering even though it's a less common option from the other guys here. It's polished and seamless and overall fantastic.

If you are keeping the car for any length of time, those options are going to make it a really great experience and will stave off the discontentment of wanting something fresh for a lot longer.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ClemsonAudi
Get the Driver Assistance Package!

+3
Old 02-03-2018, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sforfun
hello from So Cal. I just ordered my first Audi! After driving several BMW’s over the years the S4 brought me over. Now the waiting game 3+ months ugh!
car specs:
2018 S4 premium plus
Glacier white
S sport package
Warm Weather Package
Black optics package
Carbon atlas inlays
Congrats. Ex BMW guy here as well.

Been driving a simialr set up for a month or so now...but:
Brilliant Black
Black Leather
Dynamic Steering
Nav / Tech package

Loving it so far, but have taken it relatively easy - waiting for the clear bra today to take it for any extended fwy driving etc - a lot of huge / dirty trucks on the roads where I live.

Last edited by masugu; 02-03-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aj6
I second that. I'll also plug the dynamic steering even though it's a less common option from the other guys here. It's polished and seamless and overall fantastic.

If you are keeping the car for any length of time, those options are going to make it a really great experience and will stave off the discontentment of wanting something fresh for a lot longer.
i drove both the regular steering and the dynamic steering. I did not care for the artificially light feeing of the dynamic steering. It felt like driving a Camry, at least on the test drive. Not worth $1100 more dollars IMO.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just heard from the dealer, my car is at the port! He said they should have it by Monday or Tuesday, time to get excited!!

Quick Reply: Ordered my S4 yesterday