Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Preferred Tires to replace OEM Summer Hankooks

S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preferred Tires to replace OEM Summer Hankooks

Old 04-14-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preferred Tires to replace OEM Summer Hankooks

So I only have 5500 on my tires since January 2018...However, I am pinging my Audi owner-buddies for suggestions for when the day will come...

On my old BMW I swore by Pirelli P0 Neros. Loved those low-profile tires. What tires / specs do you all look to use on your B9s? I am looking at 19s from Michelin, Pirelli and possibly Continentals.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2019, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Same tire category? See here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...y.jsp?type=UHP

I'd go one category up and get the Michelin Sport 4S and call it a day. There is no substitute. It even has better treadwear than the stock Hankooks.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Michelin PS4S or the Firestone Indy 500. I've put the PS4S (or the predecessor PSS) on every car I've owned for a while now, but will probably give the Indy 500s a try this time due to what a value they seem to be.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

I'm on Continental Extreme Contact Sport and pretty happy. MP 4S is a great handling tire, but it's also very noisy.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default All weather tire...

I was thinking of an all weather tire. Iím in California so the summer tire year around is basically ok...though we have had a ton of needed rain this year.

Not sure how long these Hankooks will last, so looking ahead.

ive never owned Michelin...so those have some appeal.

Are they truly more noisy?

Originally Posted by Daaavid View Post
Same tire category? See here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...y.jsp?type=UHP

I'd go one category up and get the Michelin Sport 4S and call it a day. There is no substitute. It even has better treadwear than the stock Hankooks.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm in SoCal and have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my S4. Only 5000 miles on them, but find them to be a good compromise between sport driving and our rains this past winter. I would get them again.

DaveGee
Old 04-15-2019, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by masugu View Post
I was thinking of an all weather tire. I’m in California so the summer tire year around is basically ok...though we have had a ton of needed rain this year.

Not sure how long these Hankooks will last, so looking ahead.

ive never owned Michelin...so those have some appeal.

Are they truly more noisy?
The Michelin Pilot Sports are class leader for summer tires. Just look at the reviews on Tirerack. If you don't see snow or see temperatures that drop near or below freezing, a summer tire would perform better than an all-season in rainy weather. Yes, you read that correctly.

The other concern would just be treadwear. Depending on how often or frequent you drive, the prorated warranty is easy to deal with and you'll never have to pay full price for another set.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

ive never owned Michelin...so those have some appeal.Are they truly more noisy?
My last set sounded like I had bad wheel bearings by the end. Many performance tires are not quiet so be prepared for that.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ive never owned Michelin...so those have some appeal. Are they truly more noisy?
Higher performance tires are usually noisier but will get noisy as the tread wears. Unless you go with extreme performance summer tires, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bridgestone RE980AS are a great tire. I had them on one car and the Michelinís listed above on another and the Bridgestone was wearing better, quiet, excellent feel. BTW. My new S4 I have the all season tires from the factory and I am surprised Audi put Gran Touring Pirelliís on the car......... To say the least they are not close to the feel of the High Performance Bridgestone. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Preferred Tires to replace OEM Summer Hankooks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: