S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Quietest Tire for S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quietest Tire for S4

Recently replaced the stock 19" Pzeros on the S4 with the Ventus V12 EVo2 and they ride even noisier then the Pzeros!

Any suggestions on what other tire to try? Smooth ride quality and low noise are most important - with 'performance' and such in 2nd place. Does not have to be a summer tire.

I've always thrown the Hankooks on without a problem on my previous audis just dont know why this time around they are much louder!!

Last edited by socialpro; 04-27-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Between Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pirelli P Zeros and Continental Extreme Contact Sport ( formerly DW). I have found the Continentals to be the quietist and also the best in rain.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
Between Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pirelli P Zeros and Continental Extreme Contact Sport ( formerly DW). I have found the Continentals to be the quietist and also the best in rain.
Thank you for the suggestion - I recently tried the DWs on my RS7 and those were louder than the PZERO PNCS tires I ended up replacing them with (20 inch tires).

I might throw those onto the S4 as well as they have them in that size (245/35/19), OR Continental SportContact 6 - which I've been hearing a lot of pros about (and now its OEM tire on certain audi cars). Anyone riding on these continentals that can chime in with their experience? I had no problems with using Hankooks in a 19" size before, not sure why this time around they are different.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

My Conti Extreme Contact Sports are very quiet for a performance tire. Really I have no complaints about it so far. This is the exact tire I'm running:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4&autoModClar=
Old 04-30-2019, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
My Conti Extreme Contact Sports are very quiet for a performance tire. Really I have no complaints about it so far. This is the exact tire I'm running:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4&autoModClar=
These are the tires that were delivered on mine as well. Very happy with performance in wet and dry and they are really quiet. Was debating going to the Michelin PS when it's time to replace but will probably just stay with the Contis. (Though I will go up to the S5 tire size when the time comes.)
Old 04-30-2019, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheffield
These are the tires that were delivered on mine as well. Very happy with performance in wet and dry and they are really quiet. Was debating going to the Michelin PS when it's time to replace but will probably just stay with the Contis. (Though I will go up to the S5 tire size when the time comes.)
That wasn't my factory tire. Mine was build with Pirelli PZero and they were very noisy. Also worn out by 12,000 miles due to crap alignment from the factory.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

All of these tires are quieter or noiser on different road surfaces. On blacktop the Michelin's are quiter on my A7. I had Contis and went with Michelin A/S 3+. They make more noise going over bumps but don't bounce as nearly as much as the Conti's did. Just my $.02/
Old 05-10-2019, 01:23 PM
God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got the conti sport contact 6 on 19s and it's quiet! Only problem with 19s is that you feel literally every bump.
I got general gmax as-05 that i use in the winter on 18s and that is very very quiet also, i vouch for it so much that i have them on my vw tiguan, sister's ford focus and told multiple friends who switched to it and couldn't be happier. All in all i love the conti sport contact 6 for the summers and everything else has general gmax as-05.
hope that helps.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" summer and winter

Our S4 came with Bridgestone Potenza S001 that have been wearing nicely and look like they will make it to 30k. They are pretty quiet but I will probably replace them with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s based on what I have read.

For the winter I have a set of Michelin X-ice Xi3 that were surprisingly quite... even better than the summer tire! Only have 5k miles on them though.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your comments. I too am looking for a quiet, quality performance tire for the summer as the B. F. Goodrich G Force tires I presently have are noisier than my winter tires, Bridgestone WS-80. It seems that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and the Continental Extreme Contact Sport are being reported as the quietest. Any other suggestions or comments?

Quick Reply: Quietest Tire for S4