S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

S4 Buying Experience

Old 03-13-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default S4 Buying Experience

So I just picked up my new 2018 Audi S4. I was so pumped to finally drive the car I have been saving for and reading\watching reviews on and seeing other people enjoying them. I arrived at the dealer and everything went smoothly.....until I decided to inspect the car for any issues, because who wouldn't right?! Needless to say, this is when the day wen from exciting, to a bit of a bummer...here is a list of the things I found wrong with the car.

-There was a paint chip on the drivers side door.
-Both the drivers side and passenger side door handles had deep scratch marks on them.
-The passenger side front wheel had curb rash on it in 2 places.
-The steering wheel on the lower left hand side, had a 4" scratch\scrape mark on it from someone getting in.

I asked the dealer what happened and and why they were not more thorough when getting the car ready for me. The explained that the issues were not due to them, but due to the semi\truck that brought the car over from dealer to dealer. Needless to say, the car is at the dealers now 4 days after I picked it up, and they are fixing all the issues. Frustrating.....but when you buy new you expect the car to be in perfect condition. The dealer never hesitated though to fix. They said bring it in and we will take care of it all, which is great, but I wont have it for about 3-4 days. Driving a 2018 A3 as a loaner.

What was your experience when picking up your new S4?
Interior package (leather and alcantara seats, flat bottom steering wheel)
Old 03-13-2018, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Trades are always a risk in that way, and more. That being said, whenever a carrier drops a car off, it's the dealers mandate to fully inspect it for damage/port installed stuff before they sign off on it. I have been yelled at by carriers for taking too long to go over a vehicle, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna hear it from my customer after the fact.

Sucks that it happened, but it will be resolved, and you will have your perfect car shortly. Better move by them would have been to tell you in advance, so pickup was the great experience it should be
Old 03-13-2018, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by robertdelong13
What was your experience when picking up your new S4?
Not what you experienced. But It's nice to see that the dealer is making it right even if it means a few more days of waiting.

In my case the car was prepped for delivery while I was in the middle of a really bad head cold. All I wanted to do was lie in bed and sleep, but after a 3 month wait on an ordered car I wasn't going to let one more day slip by. I dragged myself out of bed and had my wife drop me at the dealer. Spent about a half hour doing paperwork while my head was lost in a fog of decongestants. Was all ready to drive it off the lot and go right back to bed when my sales person started walking me through all of the details of the car - for what seemed like an eternity. After about 45 minutes I felt myself breaking down into a cold sweat and that's when I finally decided to take charge and say "Great! I think I got it from here - I'll call you if I have any more questions." With that I finally started the 20 minute drive only to realize that the cold meds were giving me the reaction times of a drunk at 3am. Needless to say I drove really really slowly the entire way home. Put the car in the garage, went right to bed. By the next day I actually felt great, so I did what anyone here would do - I called in sick to work and took the car out for it's first proper drive.

My dealer is great. I've bought my last 3 Audi's from them. Incredibly easy to work with from the manager to the finance guys to the service desk receptionist. They even delivered my plates to my house when they came in from the DMV.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I knew the risk, but it saved me a bunch of money buying the car from a different dealer
Old 04-15-2018, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost bought the wrong vehicle!

I told the dealer the options I wanted on my S4- they didn’t have in stock but reserved a matching vehicle that was in transit. Yay! Was about a month out.
So finally I get the call-it has arrived and is being prepared for pickup. I go to purchase, the process is well underway and fortunately I step out for a smoke and see my beauty parked, and go to check it out. Opened the door and realized upon seeing the incorrect seats, that it’s not the right car! It was a very close match and it turns out the manager didn’t check the VINs. Oops.
Add another few weeks, I’m finally in my baby. I LOVE this car. The dealer was super cool and threw in a lot of extras into the deal for me (I assume in part to make up for the inconvenience).