S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

S4 deal, should I go for it?

Old 05-22-2017, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Gotcha - yeah the nbames change and the equipment can always change even mid year.

Really the only true way to know is to see the whole deal - your trade value etc

The discounts are out there to be had for the right customer.

You definitely did well for an ordered car, and your first time buying from the dealer. I'd tell you a better option, but by the time you factor in shipping/transport costs, you'll be higher net anyway

I'm not doing any trade in's... the M3 is being transferred to another owner and I'm just swapping that lease as a separate deal.

The deal for the S4 is strictly for the S4.

I actually had a guy in South Carolina offer me another $500 less from this deal bringing me to $648/month however when I calculated the 700 miles i would have to put into the car driving it back to south Florida + $400 airfare... it just didn't make sense, ya know?

Look i'll put it this way... I started this journey from a quote at Audi Fort Lauderdale at $950 a month for the exact same car.... With saving about $300 on the same deal, I consider it a win for me and a savings of over $10,000 haha
Old 05-22-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan.r007
I'm not doing any trade in's... the M3 is being transferred to another owner and I'm just swapping that lease as a separate deal.

The deal for the S4 is strictly for the S4.

I actually had a guy in South Carolina offer me another $500 less from this deal bringing me to $648/month however when I calculated the 700 miles i would have to put into the car driving it back to south Florida + $400 airfare... it just didn't make sense, ya know?

Look i'll put it this way... I started this journey from a quote at Audi Fort Lauderdale at $950 a month for the exact same car.... With saving about $300 on the same deal, I consider it a win for me and a savings of over $10,000 haha
Ah ok.../thats why these deals can be tricky to discuss because so many things play into it

Exacly my point - the deals are out there to be had when you deal with the right people
Old 05-22-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

There is no more Tech Package though, so not sure what order guide he is going off. There is a Nav package. The previous Tech package gave you Side Assist and Rear Pre-Sense - those are now standard, so there is a credit Audi does on an order.
The Technology package is still called the Technology package (option code PNY) on audiusa.com when you build the car. It's now $2,600 instead of $3,100 since side assist and pre sense rear are now included.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Qbruin
The Technology package is still called the Technology package (option code PNY) on audiusa.com when you build the car. It's now $2,600 instead of $3,100 since side assist and pre sense rear are now included.
Correct, they just haven't updated the site, which isn't always uncommon. And yes, the package did drop $500 ebcause of that equipment now being standard
Old 05-22-2017, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan.r007
I meant to say Navigation package. (tech / nav.. all the same to me)

The car practically comes with everything standard so I guess you could say its a stripped car but just having the nav. pack is more than enough for me. I don't really need the full nappa leather interior (alcantera is nice to have in Florida) and I wouldn't want the 19" wheels even if they were free after coming from an M3.

Pretty happy with it. If you think I can do better than 7% without raising the Mf beyond buy rate, I would be happy to hear how!
For my purposes, you buried the lead -- I've basically sworn off of mfgr's +1" wheel/tire upgrades where the thing that happens is that the aspect ratio drops. In the case of an S4, the tires are already at 40%, upgrading to the 19" leaves the contact patch unchanged and lowers the ratio to 35% all the while increasing the unsprung weight.

I absolutely love the looks of many of the manufacturer's +1 tire/wheel option and the new S4 and S5 are no exception. But (here in the pot-hole belt section of the US) 19" wheels and tires are a friggin' liability both for performance and COST$. Perhaps on the ribbons of asphalt many German's are able to drive upon, yes -- perhaps.

Most folks that I know that willfully get their cars with the + sized wheels, usually only do so once (again, please note, I qualified this declaration by saying the "pot-hole belt" section of [fly-over country] USA).

BTW, the 18" standard wheels on the '18 S4 are also lookers.

Still drivin' it like I live. . . .
Old 05-23-2017, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
For my purposes, you buried the lead -- I've basically sworn off of mfgr's +1" wheel/tire upgrades where the thing that happens is that the aspect ratio drops. In the case of an S4, the tires are already at 40%, upgrading to the 19" leaves the contact patch unchanged and lowers the ratio to 35% all the while increasing the unsprung weight.

I absolutely love the looks of many of the manufacturer's +1 tire/wheel option and the new S4 and S5 are no exception. But (here in the pot-hole belt section of the US) 19" wheels and tires are a friggin' liability both for performance and COST$. Perhaps on the ribbons of asphalt many German's are able to drive upon, yes -- perhaps.

Most folks that I know that willfully get their cars with the + sized wheels, usually only do so once (again, please note, I qualified this declaration by saying the "pot-hole belt" section of [fly-over country] USA).

BTW, the 18" standard wheels on the '18 S4 are also lookers.

Still drivin' it like I live. . . .

My M3 was my first ever "performance" car after having 2 328's and a 435 convertible... and having to change all 4 tires out and spending close to $1500.. I just couldn't deal with that ever again. Maybe one day when money falls from the trees, but today I'm more than happy with the 18" with all season tires on the new S4 for south florida heat.