S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Selling Price Data Point

Old 05-03-2017, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For any overseas military, as a price comparison here's what Military AutoSource is offering (just updated with Black Optics)

$63,425.50 (No sales tax due if received overseas, if shipped stateside will depend on the state)

Breakdown of this cost (My build. To figure your own, just subtract the features below):
$47,846 Base price
$4606 Prestige trim
$975 Destination (pretty dumb, since Ingolstadt is 3 hrs away from me)
$540 Mythos Black Paint
$470 Cold Weather Package
$1692 Driver Assist Package
$1316 Black Optic Package
$2350 S Sport Package
$470 Carbon Atlas Inlays
$1081 Dynamic Steering
$329 Rear side airbags
$1175 Nappa leather, red
$450 "Handling and Administrative services" (They give, then take)
$450 "Inland Stock" (Then take some more... feels like paying twice for destination charge)

On the attached quote they included the $3195 "Owner's Protection Plan" which I will NOT be getting. 2 years extra warranty for how much? (Choking sounds) Not a chance.

Doing the math, assuming I will have to pay sales tax when I eventually return Stateside anyway, it looks to be about even with just buying the same car in the U.S. and using the 6% ACNA discount. So, I'm not impressed with their so-called discount... however this is the ONLY way I can buy a U.S. spec car that I can enjoy in Germany. Complete with all the giddy joys of the autobahn and nearby Nurburgring. Worth it, IMO.

Speaking of, this is my favorite traffic sign:

Meanwhile, booooooo:
Attached Files

Last edited by dbuxton13; 05-03-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got out of a 3-year lease with my B8.5 and got into a new 2018 S4 for a great deal, thought I would post here. My car is Daytona Grey with Tech and sports package, carbon inlays etc. My MSRP was around $60,600, I got over 10% off of the car. If I remember correctly they brought the MSRP down to around 54k, I walked out with the car with a new 3-year lease paying the same amount of my old S4, around $670 with minimum down (1-2k around). THE DEALS ARE OUT THERE, don't be discouraged like I was, the first dealership quoted me $890 a month with 3k down, never went back there.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atag012
I just got out of a 3-year lease with my B8.5 and got into a new 2018 S4 for a great deal, thought I would post here. My car is Daytona Grey with Tech and sports package, carbon inlays etc. My MSRP was around $60,600, I got over 10% off of the car. If I remember correctly they brought the MSRP down to around 54k, I walked out with the car with a new 3-year lease paying the same amount of my old S4, around $670 with minimum down (1-2k around). THE DEALS ARE OUT THERE, don't be discouraged like I was, the first dealership quoted me $890 a month with 3k down, never went back there.
I'm curious as to whether there is more to that deal than we know - maybe in a trade. 10% off on any Audi is almost unheard of unless it's a leftover or some oddball that they could not give away. 10% on a new S4 is an extreme outlier. But my hats off to you if that's a real deal.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:22 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's because it's a lease. There's a bit more long term money hidden in there. atag012, let's say you buy it after the lease, what's your total cost after the the purchase price, plus prior lease payments and down payment?
Old 05-03-2017, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aj6
It's because it's a lease. There's a bit more long term money hidden in there. atag012, let's say you buy it after the lease, what's your total cost after the the purchase price, plus prior lease payments and down payment?
I know exactly how leases work. The "sell" price is still the sell price. Something is not being stated correctly.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

While I agree that deals are to be had, over 10% is practically unheard of. I only got a 9% off MSRP offer for a Premium Plus because it was the end of the month and the sale manager wanted to add to his numbers. After turning them down (wasn't about to take a 3.99% APR when I was able to secure 1.9% from my CU) the most they offered was 6% and wanted a second credit check.

Currently working with another dealership and only have 5.25% off. I know its only been out for a little bit, but I'm still trying. Hoping to offer 8% in the hopes to be met around 6%+, but we'll see.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

6% is an "automatic" discount with the ACNA certificate. If you are NOT a member of the ACNA, I can sympathize with your not wanting to join and wait 6 months for the eligibility to kick in.

Anyone who loves Audis, or, even if you don't love them, plan to buy/lease one, should be a member of the ACNA. The annual dues compared to the discounts make it a bargain.

We've now acquired 2 S4's and 1 SQ5 with the Audi Club discount and we're down to less than 7 weeks before my wife's 2018 SQ5 arrives, and it too will be purchased using an ANCA certificate -- and it will also get the loyalty bonus (that is in effect at the time -- probably $750, but at least $500 -- either one beats a poke.)

The ACNA also gives you a subscription to the magazine quattro quarterly, which has lots of "inside baseball" type content. If you're trolling here on Audiworld (reading and not posting), please join the Audi Club if you plan to buy.

When my wife was out of love with Audi for a few years, she joined BMW's club and we got a similar "rebate" and discount based on her membership,

I have NO affiliation (other than I am a member) with the ACNA, I just have had discounts of almost $12,000 so far on three Audi S cars -- it is a no-brainer.

There is a "but" -- some Audis are, currently NOT eligible for the discounts, due to their popularity, availability, etc. The R8 and Q7, are two prominent vehicles that are temporarily not part of the deal (I would be the R8 may always remain ineligible.)
Old 05-10-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very helpful post. Knowing you received 6.5% will be an immense assist when we go to price our S4 prestige ext month.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My vehicle is ordered and configured as a S4 Prestige with some options. Dealer will honor Audi Club of NA discount of 6% plus any available factory incentives. For now, my numbers are $63,500 USD MSRP and buy of $59,690 USD.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just joined the Audi Club to see what discountmaybehad earlier if we buy two. Interesting thatBMW car. Clubonly offers $500 if a member.
Audi does give $750 incentive for switching.
Sounds good from the start.
Commend Audi!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Selling Price Data Point