S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Start/Stop OBD11 Failure

Old 06-10-2018, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Start/Stop OBD11 Failure

Hello All,

After running the app to disable start/stop, it seems like it reactivated itself! It seemed to work at first and one day (out of habit) I accidentally pressed the start/stop disable button and since then it seems to have reprogrammed itself to enable mode!

Anyone else experience this? It's a $25 mod and this is the second time I have reactivated it after disabling it (so $75 spent to date).

WTF?!

Best,
Shawn
Old 06-13-2018, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

$25? $75? Huh? Did you pay someone else to do it?

Did you you turn your HVAC off? The mod needs it to be on to work. You don’t even need the app to do it. Just do it manually:
Module 08/Air Conditioning
Adaptation
A/C comfort param for start/stop function
Old value: 5
New value: 0
Old 06-13-2018, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickNY
$25? $75? Huh? Did you pay someone else to do it?

Did you you turn your HVAC off? The mod needs it to be on to work. You don’t even need the app to do it. Just do it manually:
Module 08/Air Conditioning
Adaptation
A/C comfort param for start/stop function
Old value: 5
New value: 0
Hello RickNY, It’s $25 each time to activate or deactivate start stop in the app. I do usually run car without AC. Do you know why it can’t be deactivated completely? Thank you so much for the coding. I will try to keep AC on and see the result and not pay Voltas anymore money to use the app!
Old 06-13-2018, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Don’t use the app, just do it manually as above - which costs nothing. There isn’t a way to disable start/stop completely. The way the change works is it changes the threshold at which the start/stop activates to accommodate the climate control system. By setting it to 0, it essentially tells the system not to activate because the climate control system needs are not being met. Both the app and the manual way above do the exact same thing.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You have helped so much. Thank You
Old 06-14-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

And just in case you weren't aware -- driving with the transmission in S or M instead of D will also disable start/stop, regardless of the HVAC.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Also be aware that if you are using the HVAC comfort parameter method to defeat start/stop, the car will, I believe, still auto-start-stop if the A/C (or the climate control entirely) is turned off.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Also be aware that if you are using the HVAC comfort parameter method to defeat start/stop, the car will, I believe, still auto-start-stop if the A/C (or the climate control entirely) is turned off.
I believe that was the whole point of his post.. Either manually changing the comfort parameter or using the OBDEleven app both require the HVAC to remain on for auto start-stop not to activate
Old 06-14-2018, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Derp, I obviously skimmed over that part of the discussion.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Help me out here, I would love to get my start stop feature disabled. But I feel like I'm in the advanced class reading your comments when I should be in the intro program. How do I get to Module 8 to set the comfort parameter for the HVAC?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Start/Stop OBD11 Failure