S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Top View Camera Glitch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to warn B9 S4 owners that the latest fix for this issue is not for us. I talked to the dealership, they gave a tech the instructions from the person in the B9 S5 that had it done and I was told it could be done. I just went to have this done and was then told that it is not applicable for B9 S4 owners and that our fix for this is TBD. They found the recent TSB for the instructions I gave them and confirmed with Audi that this does not work on the B9 S4 platform, due to incompatible software. I will update this if/when I find anything out...

Last edited by briedfox; 11-15-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As mentioned by ScoopMan and BriedFox, the PSS 2049414 is a Pending Service Solution and not applicable to the S4 line.

This was from my dealer today after providing that to him:

That is the Pending Service Solution that we spoke about and your car has already been added to the list. Once they are finished with the update, the will create a service bulletin that will guide the technicians on how to perform the update with the correct codes.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by briedfox
I wanted to warn B9 S4 owners that the latest fix for this issue is not for us. I talked to the dealership, they gave a tech the instructions from the person in the B9 S5 that had it done and I was told it could be done. I just went to have this done and was then told that it is not applicable for B9 S4 owners and that our fix for this is TBD. They found the recent TSB for the instructions I gave them and confirmed with Audi that this does not work on the B9 S4 platform, due to incompatible software. I will update this if/when I find anything out...
Why would the S4 get singled out? I have seen other owners report getting ‘the fix’ early in the A5/S5, Q5 and Q7 forums. All with the same new rev of MMI v 1316. Supposedly TSBs will come out on Tues so I guess we’ll see.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jhbrew

Why would the S4 get singled out? I have seen other owners report getting ‘the fix’ early in the A5/S5, Q5 and Q7 forums. All with the same new rev of MMI v 1316. Supposedly TSBs will come out on Tues so I guess we’ll see.
I don't know. I went in to have it done, but the tech called Audi beforehand to make sure that the firmware update was applicable to my S4. Audi told him that it was not applicable and that the one for the S4 is still TBD. Maybe the fix will be done when they release the TSB...
Old 11-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your dealer needs to start a TAC case. The software is available. The TSBs are released every Tuesday.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhbrew

You are right, that's all a bunch of baloney, the MMI systems for the current gen are the same across all A4, A5, Q5 etc platforms. I took my S4 in for first year service and asked for the 1316 firmware update. All is working well. The TSB to reference is 2053028/1. In the tech write up below, they didn't write the problem down very accurately as I described it, but close enough to get 'er done.

It's ridiculous that it took this long to remedy, but you can go get this fixed now when able.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Another success story here. Had my firmware update performed yesterday to the new 1316 file version. And it appears to have resolved the issue.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had their firmware updates who has used OBDeleven to make changes? Did the update reset everything to default? No big deal to go back through and re-do everything just curious
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default FIXED

I also have had the update applied to my S4. I can confirm that it can be done to version 1118 to upgrade to 1316. My car was probably one of the earliest to be affected by the bug as it was built in July 2017. I also had the preset TSB applied with no issues. My OBDeleven change to show gear numbers in the VC also remained. Phone connected via Bluetooth and all other defaults look unaffected. FINALLY.

Now if they can just fix the incessant creaking in the rear passenger area C-pillar, I think I will be as happy as a clam.

Thanks to all that post here!
Old 12-06-2018, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I haven't noticed that any of my 10 or so OBDEleven changes were reset or reverted. It's just like I had before, but with a new software version.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera Glitch?