S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Tuned! 410hp, Black, Magma Red - Oh yes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As to your followup, I would not recommend to someone that they try and build their own S4 beater out of an A4. Something is going to break and I don't want it to be my fault. Just spend the money and buy the S4. Or buy the A4, save your nickels and buy a B10 S4. But for the love of alcohol and tire smoke, don't void your warranty adding a bunch of off the shelf crap to your brand new A4 and ruin it.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Gadzooks! $30K for an upgrade -- that even eclipses the amount of money I've spent replacing wheels and tires when I spent the extra bucks on the + sized offerings, but, even my number is 5-figures (to the left of the decimal point.).
That was a mad case of "While I'm in there, I might as well do X". No skimping on turbos, blocks, rods, pistons, oil pumps, oil air separators, intercoolers, coilovers, transmission rebuilds, clutches (yes multiple), boost controllers, dyno tuning, road tuning, blah, blah, blah and on

and on

and on...

That stuff can cost a guy a marraige. Thank goodness my wife loved driving that car too. But as I said. I'm over that phase.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like it fun while it lasted! Meanwhile my OTS S4 remains a grin inducing experience -- other than the time spent being piloted around by the traffic jam assistant -- just like, uh, just like, 20 minutes ago.

I am a masochist (but, it's my money) -- I wonder if it will hurt one of these cars if you can't actually ever drive it at 65MPH (well it feels that way sometimes.)
Old 07-11-2017, 05:32 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really think you need a second residence somewhere more open and free range!
Old 07-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So after some delay, here are some pictures to ease the ferocity of my critics... Enjoy!
Old 07-12-2017, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

How do you change maps? is it controlled from under the hood or does it interface with the MMI selections?
Old 07-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ibu11et
How do you change maps? is it controlled from under the hood or does it interface with the MMI selections?
The maps are changed on the unit, under the hood. The power is the same for all 3 maps, but the delivery is different. There are three '+' and 3 '-' for each program to fine tune them more. I haven't tried any of these yet though, but I will get around to them soon.

The performance and behaviour of the car is still affected by the Drive Select with the map activated... in 'Auto' or 'Comfort' mode you couldn't tell it was there; still perfectly relaxed and comfortable. You notice it once you're really giving it the beans though...

Thanks for the question...

Joe
Old 07-13-2017, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for the pics and humoring our skepticism Joe. This may very well be the first tuned B9 S4 out there, at least on a major english-speaking Audi forum, so lots of street cred just for that. I truly do look forward to your longterm thoughts on this mod.

Be sure to update us, especially after the car goes in for its first service! (I assume you'll be removing it for that appointment?)
Old 07-13-2017, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Well I do agree that I'd rather come up with a bit more coin for a factory S4 than a "fake" S4, even though an AS4 (an A4 with an S3 engine) would be, for many, a fine choice.

As I said, I may be a masochist, but I would at least get in line for the chance to try a real RS4 from the factory. I'd possibly consider an RS 3, but I just think the S3 I drove (several times) was too small and the interior looked like someone from a cheaper car brand designed it. I haven't seen the inside of an RS 3 in person, but the pictures just don't have the same look as what is presented by the S4.

Gadzooks! $30K for an upgrade -- that even eclipses the amount of money I've spent replacing wheels and tires when I spent the extra bucks on the + sized offerings, but, even my number is 5-figures (to the left of the decimal point.)

If my "special" curve is free from traffic (fat chance), I'll give it a go and re-read your post and live vicariously. Now where is that ACC stalk anyway?
An S4 and S5 provide a perfect compromises for us too. The S6 is too large and the TTS is too small.
I totally enjoyed my Nissan 370Z ,what a fun car! But then there was shoulder surgery so goodbye 6 speed manual.
After having put stage 2 tune on my BMW 435 I think the power of the Audi B9 78 speed tiptronic should be sufficient at 354 hp and 0-60 of 4.4sec.
The S4-5 has better package with engine,transmission,seats and computer interface than A series so if I can afford a little more on my monthly fees why not get the whole entree.
If I were younger and had need for more speed then the RS 7 would be tempting but so costly.

I think I am more enamoured with tech than driving faster.
So there again a S4-5 hits the nail.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks good... I am a believer too now...

if you go catless will it suppress any codes like other tunes?

Quick Reply: Tuned! 410hp, Black, Magma Red - Oh yes.