S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

What fun have you done with your s4

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:11 AM
God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What fun have you done with your s4

Hey guys,

It seems like we're all always talking about either problems or making inquiries. It also seems like we all enjoy our s4 but never talk about the fun things we do with them. Let me start off, since i got the car january 18', i know have 16k miles, 2 oil changes, x-pipe install.
The Fun:
Every snowfall, i get out to do snow drifting at any smooth lot around my area in chicago. Yesterday when it was raining in the morning, near downtown, i was able to do a very small landed handed drift turning onto a street.
What are some fun things and mods you guys have done?
Old 05-08-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I have owned my car a little over two years and have 26,xxxs on the odomoter. For the past two winters I have mounted "performance snow" (Michelin Alpin PA4) tires and a top box on the roof, and driven over 8000 cumulative miles across the United States to go skiing...often in serious, snowing-sideways winter storm conditions and snow-packed mountain roads.

In the time I have owned it my S4 has allowed me 50+ days on the mountain at the following ski resorts/towns:
  1. Crested Butte, CO
  2. Steamboat, CO
  3. Winter Park, CO
  4. Copper Mountain, CO
  5. Aspen, CO
  6. Telluride, CO
  7. Snowbird, UT
  8. Alta, UT
  9. Solitude, UT
  10. Brighton, UT
  11. Park City, UT
  12. Deer Valley, UT
  13. Snowbasin, UT
  14. Big Sky, MT
  15. Jackson Hole, WY
Next winter I plan to fit new winter tires (I just measured after swapping to my summers and am down to 6/32 tread depth all around on the winter set currently, which is simply not enough for stormy conditions) and take it to a dozen or so more mountains.

Here's a pic from my adventures, this one's from Crested Butte. The wheels and tires are my aftermarket winter set, but aside from that (and some window tint, installed since this photo was taken) the car is completely stock and running great. I have my minor niched complaints sure but overall I could not ask for a better do-everything-in-all-conditions daily driver.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:28 PM
ZF8
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome thread & great idea.

Good to see you guys put the Quattro to good use in snow. I prefer to use my alternate vehicle for snow trips to keep my S4 clean.

I was impressed with the quality and light clarity of the OEM door puddle logo lights, so I got a set for the rear doors as well!

Last edited by ZF8; 06-01-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

ZF8 I hope your alternative vehicle is an Audi too because there just isn't anything better in a winter storm. I can not even begin to tell you some of the nonsense this car has gotten me through. This car will blast through absolutely anything that it has the ground and front bumper clearance for, even on 12% grades...and plenty else that it doesn't have clearance so long as you're brave enough (I mainly get very nervous about cracking my front splitter on hidden "fender turds" when proceeding through truly deep snow.)
Old 05-08-2019, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ZF8
Awesome thread & great idea.

Good to see you guys put the Quattro to good use in snow. I prefer to use my alternate vehicle for snow trips to keep my S4 clean.

I was impressed with the quality and light clarity of the OEM door puddle logo lights, I got a set for the rear doors as well!
Wiring and slots are already there? Plug and play? Thanks.

I guess I don't open the rear door enough and drive at night. So I didn't even know that the rear doors had puddle lights... LOL I made a point this morning and checked it, and there they are...

Last edited by ywang98; 05-09-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:18 PM
God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@mplsbrian love the edit of the rear license plate!

This car truly can handle it all.
I gave it a wash and just changed back to summer tires yesterday and my god the difference it makes in the corners. I'm easily pushing almost 30mph more into the same corner than i would otherwise with the set i use for winter.
Apparently this car can corner over 1G.
Turned off traction control today and got a good slide in on an on-ramp, i was a happy kid today!
Old 05-13-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve been enjoying mods, mountain runs, and car shows. I usually don’t take her out in bad weather since she’s usually fully detailed and ready for any given weekend show. Mods keep me busy during messy days.

Running list of changes (links outside AW)...

Performance Upgrades
DTE Systems PowerControl X with US-Spec Maps
DTUK PedalBox
DTUK TCU+ Gearbox (Transmission) Tune
P3 Gauges ODB2 Multi-Gauge with Track Pack
AWE AirGate without Cover
034Motorsport Billet Aluminum Front Strut Brace
034Motorsport Rear Sway Bar
034Motorsport Transmission Mount Insert
034Motorsport Rear Subframe Mount Kit
034Motorsport Sway Bar End Link, Front
034Motorsport Sway Bar End Link, Rear
BC Forged RS31, 19x9.5 ET40, painted Porsche Dark Grey Metallic
Custom Forged 3.15mm Spacers for Rear Wheels
Audi Extended Shifter Paddles

Cosmetic Upgrades
3M ColorStable 35 tint
Audi S-branded rear red calipers
Audi Lightning cable
Audi Welcome Beams - Rings (rear doors)
Additional OEM-style trunk light
Additional OEM-style grocery hook
Carbon fiber license plate frame
ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler
ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber ECU Cover
ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Lip Overlay
ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Radiator Support Cover - Limited Release
ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Antenna Cover
Rear Bumper Reflector Film
Tag Motorsports Painted Side Reflectors
Debadged "V6T"
Window Trim Chrome Delete using 3M Wrap Film Series 1080 - Gloss Black
Tint World Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating
Old 05-28-2021, 11:43 PM
ZF8
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Did something to spruce up the rear seat area by getting an OEM Audi USB 12V Outlet Adapter part number 8X0051443.

Its high quality material, matches the design language of the interior, and has a discrete Audi logo.

Hope everyone have a fun & safe Memorial's Day weekend!

Last edited by ZF8; 05-29-2021 at 12:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DadAudi (05-29-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18 B9 S4

Hey guys first time audi S4 owner , bought it about two months ago with 15k miles . So far I've done H&R coilovers , motor brace . Not very happy with these coilovers , very sloppy and fix damping sucks. I guess that's what I get for not going KW or ohlins . But I'm installing ECS sway bars front and back with adjustable end links hoping that helps the coilovers and it's not sloppy anymore . Also did trunk lip , diffuser and exhaust tips lol 😆 . Still Cpo so I'm gonna wait a little before performance mods and tune . This is car number 20 for me before you question me about those coilovers , plain and simple they suck don't waste your money . My ig is dacaitbaloch where you can see my other whips . Excited about the car otherwise , can't wait to tune it .

Old 05-31-2021, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
I have owned my car a little over two years and have 26,xxxs on the odomoter. For the past two winters I have mounted "performance snow" (Michelin Alpin PA4) tires and a top box on the roof, and driven over 8000 cumulative miles across the United States to go skiing...often in serious, snowing-sideways winter storm conditions and snow-packed mountain roads.

In the time I have owned it my S4 has allowed me 50+ days on the mountain at the following ski resorts/towns:
  1. Crested Butte, CO
  2. Steamboat, CO
  3. Winter Park, CO
  4. Copper Mountain, CO
  5. Aspen, CO
  6. Telluride, CO
  7. Snowbird, UT
  8. Alta, UT
  9. Solitude, UT
  10. Brighton, UT
  11. Park City, UT
  12. Deer Valley, UT
  13. Snowbasin, UT
  14. Big Sky, MT
  15. Jackson Hole, WY
Next winter I plan to fit new winter tires (I just measured after swapping to my summers and am down to 6/32 tread depth all around on the winter set currently, which is simply not enough for stormy conditions) and take it to a dozen or so more mountains.

Here's a pic from my adventures, this one's from Crested Butte. The wheels and tires are my aftermarket winter set, but aside from that (and some window tint, installed since this photo was taken) the car is completely stock and running great. I have my minor niched complaints sure but overall I could not ask for a better do-everything-in-all-conditions daily driver.
Just picked up my new 21 S4. It has summer tires on their now. I’m going to need to buy winter tires (I live in PA). You like the Michelin Alpin PA4?

Quick Reply: What fun have you done with your s4