S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

00 s4 needs best tune for my buck? dont like my apr tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 s4 needs best tune for my buck? dont like my apr tune

hey all i got a 00 s4 6 speed i got the APR stage 2 tune right now and i dont like it what do you all say about your tunes??
Old 01-18-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

What is it that you don't like about it? Please be specific.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

me too, I don't like the color.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
What is it that you don't like about it? Please be specific.
well the tune is 600 bucks and you dont get much for it my stock s4 boosts about 9 psi in all gears with the apr tune you only get a 18 psi spike and drops down to about 12 psi in 1st 2nd and 3rd but in forth gear it picks up to about 15 or 16 psi and holds there. i want all my power in the top gears for when i race. its just not that much of a gain for that price..
Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Eurocharged

Should look for a Eurocharged Performance dealer. They do some awesome work, and they are priced just right.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by justinholly
well the tune is 600 bucks and you dont get much for it my stock s4 boosts about 9 psi in all gears with the apr tune you only get a 18 psi spike and drops down to about 12 psi in 1st 2nd and 3rd but in forth gear it picks up to about 15 or 16 psi and holds there. i want all my power in the top gears for when i race. its just not that much of a gain for that price..
Ya I looked into chipping/tuning. I to didn't like the price tag. Now if I had a stage III setup... then by all means of course, it's worth it. But in a stock setting, it's just to much money.

How bout this "eurocharge", what's that all about? any links?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I found it, google is amazing! hahah I shoulda checked before asking. my bad... lol
Old 01-19-2011, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ya I looked into chipping/tuning. I to didn't like the price tag. Now if I had a stage III setup... then by all means of course, it's worth it. But in a stock setting, it's just to much money.

How bout this "eurocharge", what's that all about? I did read that you can tune it your self.. If Im understanding it correctly. But then the site offer only a stage I tuning. Also says it doesn't come pre-programed. Does that mean you can use it unless you buy a tune from them? I'm slightly confused in their descriptions.

It's just like apr, their direct port tuning. Only difference is you can purchase the unit and do it yourself. hahahah. Hmm.. I just got a fantastic idea... I wonder if.. just maybe... that the apr tuning for stage I, II and III would work with the "My Genius" handheld tuner. if so that'd be amazing cuz then you'd have apr tuning/features. The features are pretty cool with changing tune while out and about. instead of carrying the tool all the time.
But also have the ability to change and modify the tunes to your liking.

hmmm.. just food for thought.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I meant, "does that mean you "can't" use it unless you buy a tune from them"

Couldn't figure out how to edit my post. guessin you cant after you submit it... hmmm
Old 01-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
I meant, "does that mean you "can't" use it unless you buy a tune from them"

Couldn't figure out how to edit my post. guessin you cant after you submit it... hmmm
i checked into the eurocharge it was 500 for the handheld and another 500 for the stage one tune thats crazy u can have a pro do a custom tune for a 1000 bucks im looking into getting eurodyne tune it is 900 bucks lol but you flash your ecu with a program thay send then you email it to them and thay resend a new one and you flash it onto your ecu but with eurodyne you can change everything you want and delete codes not just check engine codes but also internal codes from what i hear. i hear that the program does just about everything wish i would have got that before i wasted 600 bones on apr. im still trying to hear from someone with a s4 that has eurodune to see what thay say?

Quick Reply: 00 s4 needs best tune for my buck? dont like my apr tune