S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Advice needed...Tuner trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed...Tuner trouble!

I don't want to name any names at this point. Just need a little advice...

My current ECU was having issues; it would throw negative deviation code's (I have no leaks). I was inquiring into what my colleagues here @ AW thought. During this inquire, I was contacted by e-mail from a *blank* turner. I contacted this turner by phone hoping he had a few ideas. This turner instead began telling me about the benefits of his *blank* chip and how it was tuned @ altitude (my believed issue). He offered to give me a two week trial on a *blank* ECU. *Blank* was very helpful, helping me hours after *blank* had closed for the day. I accepted (gave me a great deal on shipping too), *blank* is quite a well know and large tuner (Read: I felt safe).

I received the ECU a few days later and tried it out. It was ok, but didn't seem all that great (Didn't have the punch of my current ECU) + I had a small issue. The tech support was just about non-existent, at least what I'm use to.

I decided that it wasn't worth the $$ and my current turner is determinately working on solving my issue. I contacted *blank* @ *blank* to return the *blank* ECU. It was sent out the same day. I called to confirm that the ECU arrived at *blank*. *Blank* answered the phone and opened AND confirmed the ECU was there as we spoke. *Blank* assured me that my CC would be credited by weeks end, NO later. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't received my credit or notice that my credit is coming. I have been very patient w/ *blank*, but my patients are quickly running out.

I have desperately tried to get in contact w/ *blank* for the past 2 weeks...Phone(several times, w/ recorded messages and other employees of *blank* taking messages...you never seem to be able to get through), e-mail, and AW messages...All to no avail.

My question is: What are my options? This is a lot of $, esp. since I'm a college student. Any help you guys would be able to give me would be great, TIA!!!

*Blank* knows who *blank* is, so please contact me so we can resolve this issue!
Old 10-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Elder Member

Many options, they are *blank* or *blank*, or you could maybe *blank*. Then there's always *blank*.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I should have know this was comming 8^ P
Old 10-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Elder Member

Seriously, contact *blank* on Monday. If *blank* doesn't respond, *blank* will be revealed.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Elder Member

I HIGHLY doubt *blank* wants to be revealed, so don't worry. :-)
Old 10-18-2002, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't want to throw mud or I'd say who it is...

People seem to get pissy around here is their turner is trashed. Just want to see if there are any option that I don't know about?
Old 10-18-2002, 06:04 PM

Default Call your CC and tell them you're a victim of mail fraud and have proof. Strat won't risk getting

pulled from the CC service. You'll probably see your money when Bob sells your ECU to someone else. The CC should reverse the charges without issue. Sorry for filling in the blanks. You are not the 1st or last to get screwed from there.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

CC has been notified already...anything else I can do?
Old 10-18-2002, 06:12 PM

Default If they didn't reverse charges yet, they will if they are notified of a criminal offense...

Return Authorization number and proof of acceptance without reimbursement constitutes mail fraud and if it was over state lines it is a federal offense. The postmaster's office can direct you to the best method of complaint for the fastest action. Hope that helps.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't want it to get that serious...

I just want my money back. I guess I'll do what is needed...

I didn't get a return #, but the ECU was accepted and received.

Quick Reply: Advice needed...Tuner trouble!